I have a question about DBS?

Andros

I have a question about DBS...the question is when will the acoustic versions of some songs and a cover of Misfit? or leave a special edition with these versions after the release of the album on October 13? if anyone can clarify this doubt I will be very grateful :lol:

I have a question about DBS...the question is when will the acoustic versions of some songs and a cover of Misfit? or leave a special edition with these versions after the release of the album on October 13? if anyone can clarify this doubt I will be very grateful :lol:

Well, nobody really knows. Chester said he would like to do the songs acoustic again, but he never necessarily said for sure if he would put out studio versions of them. As for the cover of Misfit, that's just a live thing for their shows, he never said they would record it themselves and put it out there.

Well, nobody really knows. Chester said he would like to do the songs acoustic again, but he never necessarily said for sure if he would put out studio versions of them. As for the cover of Misfit, that's just a live thing for their shows, he never said they would record it themselves and put it out there.

thnks!

That would have been awesome if they released like a Best Buy special edition of Out Of Ashes and put out some acoustic songs and 20 Eyes studio version. However, sadly, I bet we won't get these tracks...I'd kill to have a studio or high quality acoustic version of Let Down and Walking In Circles...

Actually, one of the interviews did say that, something to the effect of, "Bennington also plans on releasing acoustic versions of several songs and a cover of The Misfits' "20 Eyes" as downloadable content with the purchase of the album."

Edit: Found it: http://www.billboard.com/news/linkin-park-...004014067.story

"The fledgling group will also offer fans some bonus material, including a cover of the Misfits' "20 Eyes" and acoustic renditions of the "Out of Ashes" songs, some of which will be available for download with the purchase of the album."

That definitely indicates that the acoustic versions will be available, somewhere, somehow. 20 Eyes may just be referring to live performances.

Edited by Astat

Actually, one of the interviews did say that, something to the effect of, "Bennington also plans on releasing acoustic versions of several songs and a cover of The Misfits' "20 Eyes" as downloadable content with the purchase of the album."

Edit: Found it: http://www.billboard.com/news/linkin-park-...004014067.story

"The fledgling group will also offer fans some bonus material, including a cover of the Misfits' "20 Eyes" and acoustic renditions of the "Out of Ashes" songs, some of which will be available for download with the purchase of the album."

That definitely indicates that the acoustic versions will be available, somewhere, somehow. 20 Eyes may just be referring to live performances.

I think this is the explanation I needed :lol:

im beginning to think that MAYBE like the cd will come with a download code, or the cd will connect to the internet which will go to a website to download the songs. Or idk

Let's see what Astat theorizes :D

That's pretty much what I'm guessing, a download card in the CD that works like the Best Buy/Walmart editions of Minutes to Midnight did. It might be exclusive to certain retailers like that as well.

That's pretty much what I'm guessing, a download card in the CD that works like the Best Buy/Walmart editions of Minutes to Midnight did. It might be exclusive to certain retailers like that as well.

so why didnt the the european editions come with that? US exclusive like Japan got the Morning After?

Actually, in the rockline radio interview with DBS, Chester told a fan that 20 Eyes would be a bonus track on an overseas edition of Out Of Ashes or something, listen to it for proof. I don't see why they wouldn't release a studio version anyways.

Awesome! I have a feeling alot of us will like the acoustic versions even more than the final songs!

Though I hope it isnt gonna be a bestbuy exclusive. Otherwise I'll have to download it somewhere... :rolleyes:

LOL dont worry we will help each other out. And y kno if all else fails we can turn to the russians ahaha

For some reason there's no news on any special editions of the album yet, which comes out worldwide in about a week. I sure hope those tracks aren't bonus downloads because they're usually protected wma's. I really want to know if there's gonna be more than one edition before the album drops because Amazon currently has it for 10 bucks and that seems like the cheapest deal, and if there's no other edition then i want to get that one.

Edited by Aiman

Actually, in the rockline radio interview with DBS, Chester told a fan that 20 Eyes would be a bonus track on an overseas edition of Out Of Ashes or something, listen to it for proof. I don't see why they wouldn't release a studio version anyways.

Hmm...maybe an Out of Ashes "tour edition" will be released at a later date. It happened with both Meteora and MTM...and really HT even, with the 2-disc special edition.

i hope your right with the tour edition! but the tour edition of MTM was bullshit except NRL, the 2 other songs were already available throuh a single and the bonus songs are from the DSP!!

The MTM tour edition is a hell of a lot more easy to find than any CD single is.

seriously though I would have expected some more news on this by now. The album drops in less than a week and we haven't heard anything :o I'm also still trying to figure out what to do with the iTunes Morning After situation...I want Morning After but I want the physical cd too. And i'm not exactly made of money so I'm not gonna get both lol :( does anyone know if morning after will be available without having to use the "album only" option? That's what Red did and Shinedown did it for a few tracks...

seriously though I would have expected some more news on this by now. The album drops in less than a week and we haven't heard anything :o I'm also still trying to figure out what to do with the iTunes Morning After situation...I want Morning After but I want the physical cd too. And i'm not exactly made of money so I'm not gonna get both lol :( does anyone know if morning after will be available without having to use the "album only" option? That's what Red did and Shinedown did it for a few tracks...

Why don't you just download Morning After and buy the physical CD?

It totally is. I bought my copy in Best Buy. :P

Same here. TRT was released as a tour edition too. I hope there will be some special edition in the future at least. Since they're so keen on releasing more stuff maybe they'll release a two-disc special edition. I can see that happening more than a DVD to be quite honest.