Ultimate-Guitar Interview with Chester

thefly

Thats the problem with the UK nowadays. No one like anything unless its British <_<

He did promise they'd come back to london so I'd be gutted if DBS dont for at least one show.

I garentte it'll do well, even if its just the hardcore fans like you and me that go.

lol i wouldint spend all that money going to london to see them it would be like nearly 200 pound for me to go im not spending that on them. and its not true about british bands we like loads of american bands. not all hardcore lp fans like dbs. like my mates are die hard lp fans but realy dont like dbs. and none lp fans dont like dbs cose chesters in them. i think julien-k would have more succes over here then dbs

don't think so.. in my opinion OOA will be less criticised like MTM

Hate to break it to you, but MTM was the worst rated lp album according to Itunes and Metacritic reviews.

I don't think money is a factor to chester anymore. Even if he left Lp, he would always get royalities from merch and cd's sold and let's face it, he's already got more money then he'll ever need.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

You guys are so silly, lol

Anyone who honestly believes that Chester would leave LP for DBS is either on drugs or very misguided, lol.

This was a very good interview though. It's one of those rare one's where we get a lot of information we've never had before, lol.

Hate to break it to you, but MTM was the worst rated lp album according to Itunes and Metacritic reviews.

Metacritic is probably the worst thing on this side of the millennium, internet-wise. The fact that people take it seriously is an even bigger joke than the last LPU CD...

Edited by Cyro

What on earth is making people think Chester would ever leave Linkin Park? Are you on crack? :rolleyes:

Chester will never leave Linkin Park. Dead by Sunrise is his current passion and why wouldn't it? It's a whole different sort of songs and group so of course anyone would be passionate about the change of scenery. But it doesn't mean Linkin Park isn't still his number one passion.

And besides, I hardly doubt the rest of the band would be so supportive if he was trying to leave the band. That's just logic.

And who bloody cares if Linkin Park albums are ill-received by critics. All critics can do is give their verdict, but they don't influence the public as much as they think. People will buy an LP album if they want regardless of if all the critics in the world hates it. Besides, letting a bunch of people decide for you what to spend your money on or what bands to listen to makes you a bloody puppet. <_<

And for a band that critics hates, they sure sell a lot of albums.

And i hardly doubt Chester was talking about Don Gilmore.

I know I might sound ridiculous to a lot of people here with what I'm going to say, but oh well. Chester doesn't seem as committed to LP as he used to be and he seems more committed to DBS. I know that the album is just about to be released and there is all the hype for it right now but the way he talks about DBS is like it's his 'new' band and LP is just some old band that he used to play in, more like LP is just his job. We already know he doesn't hang out with the guys in LP, and when LP did that tour this Summer, Chester seemed just like great, another show, let's get it over with. There was no crowd interaction and he seemed very exhausted during the LP songs, like he hates them pretty much. Mike talked to the crowd, he even changed the set up numerous times for us. He gave us Lockjaw, basically created New Divide as show in the LPTV episode and the new studio pics never show Chester except for occasionally, and when they do, it's just like 'Chester stopped by the studio today'. I mean, Chester doesn't even live in LA or CA anymore so it must be hard to really focus on the LP album. Don't get me wrong with all of this, I love the DBS album and I think they're a great band, but I don't want to see LP get kicked out of the way just because Chester is the frontman and all that. I know I'm probably wrong and this could all be in my head but I really love LP more than anything and if any of the members ever left it would be really bad for me. I grew up with LP, everything I own is pretty much LP, I love all the members equally and I guess I just miss the old days...

I know I might sound ridiculous to a lot of people here with what I'm going to say, but oh well. Chester doesn't seem as committed to LP as he used to be and he seems more committed to DBS. I know that the album is just about to be released and there is all the hype for it right now but the way he talks about DBS is like it's his 'new' band and LP is just some old band that he used to play in, more like LP is just his job. We already know he doesn't hang out with the guys in LP, and when LP did that tour this Summer, Chester seemed just like great, another show, let's get it over with. There was no crowd interaction and he seemed very exhausted during the LP songs, like he hates them pretty much. Mike talked to the crowd, he even changed the set up numerous times for us. He gave us Lockjaw, basically created New Divide as show in the LPTV episode and the new studio pics never show Chester except for occasionally, and when they do, it's just like 'Chester stopped by the studio today'. I mean, Chester doesn't even live in LA or CA anymore so it must be hard to really focus on the LP album. Don't get me wrong with all of this, I love the DBS album and I think they're a great band, but I don't want to see LP get kicked out of the way just because Chester is the frontman and all that. I know I'm probably wrong and this could all be in my head but I really love LP more than anything and if any of the members ever left it would be really bad for me. I grew up with LP, everything I own is pretty much LP, I love all the members equally and I guess I just miss the old days...

I was under the impression you became a fan right before MTM was released during Fort Minor, right?

If I had to play the same songs over and over for years I'd be rather tired of them as well, lol.

Chester has never been as crowd interactive as Mike. It's been that way since the beginning. Chester really didn't seem all that different during LP's set now than he did last year. He definitely seemed more enthusiastic during the DBS set, but like it was said, why wouldn't he be? It's his first time playing songs that he can say he wrote. It wasn't anyone's experiences but his own. Of course he'd be more excited to play songs he's never played before instead of songs he's been playing now for 3-9 years.

Mike has always been the creative control guy in LP, that's why he gave us that stuff. Chester doesn't over analyze that set list... its normal, people aren't as crazy about live stuff like we are. Chester has never changed up the set, or given us random stuff like that... Not because he doesn't care about the fans, but because he simply doesn't think like that. As I said, its been this way since the beginning, nothing is different.

I don't really think anything's out of the ordinary here at all. Everything actually seems normal. I think you are simply seeing a clouded picture because the DBS stuff is just beginning, and we are simply not used to it.

I just think if Chester ever had any thought of leaving Linkin Park, the DBS album would've been out a long time ago.

I just think if Chester ever had any thought of leaving Linkin Park, the DBS album would've been out a long time ago.

That's very true as well... Let's remember, Chester put this off now for nearly four years to make time for Minutes to Midnight. People often forget that when they get mad that Chester's taking time out of LP for DBS.

I would have to say Chester would have every right to be exhausted during the summer tour this year. Have to put into the fact him and the rest of LP have been pretty busy this year.

Chester has been working overtime this year trying to balance getting his side-project out finally, making videos for his album, plus working on the new LP album.

He loves LP and DBS and I'm sure he is pumped for next years summer tour. Cause by then (I hope) we'll have a new LP album out. New set list :D

Edited by RedZero

How am I being naive? He will get paid for royalties no matter what band he is in. Money isn't a factor for a lot of famous people because they already have more than enough. He is going to do what he really loves, whatever that may be.

its just naive to say money isnt a factor to a man who owns a clothing line, co-owns a tattoo chain AND sings for two bands. i know all those things are "passions" of his, but they are money making passions. im not saying theres ANYTHING wrong with that btw. plus, if any of his kids arent living with him, he's paying child support out the ass.

point is...thats just ONE reason he wont leave lp.

Edited by deadnbloated