DSP Update

hahninator

The Summer 2009 DSP's (Digital Souvenir Packages) from the shows this year are almost here! There should be only about a week left - I expect us to get them before the end of the month. The shows are fully mixed...now they have to be split, etc by Dylan and prepared to be uploaded.

"There is still a 7 day process of mastering and uploading to the company that hosts the stuff. Still gonna be a bit before you get em", Pooch (LP's live engineer) had to say yesterday.

http://downloads.linkinpark.com/ will have the shows as soon as they are available, and of course, we will be posting links to every show right here on LPLive. We'll need your help again in obtaining and sharing the shows, so be sure to be checking the site next week!

Just thought I'd give you all an update - thanks!

So is it for sure that the DBS set will be included on the DSP'S? I can see Warner removing them and say something dumb like

"You paid for a Linkin Park DSP, not a Dead By Sunrise DSP or something to that effect

Anyone remember the days where we'd get them like three days after the show? lol.

If this was a US Tour, then that would happen. There was so much stuff that was involved on this summer tour that made it impossible to do that. PR08 was slower because of the clusterfuck that preceded it. The equipment was shipped via boat and it was stuck in storage (Warner, lol) until after the 2nd show of PR08. Then Pooch had to mix Milton Keynes, the two Canadian shows, and the first two PR08 shows while on tour...so he got behind. Then the last 4 were later, etc.

So the record for the best mixing turnaround is still PR07, ironically the first time they did it, haha. I hope the next US tour is fast too.

Which show do you guys say will be the best to grab?

Without a doubt: 16.08.2009 - Macao, China, Cotai Arena @ The Venetian Resort

Dedicated over Points, APFMH over the outro, and Papercut over Bleed It Out. No Dead By Sunrise, but oh well, haha. Definitely looking forward to this show.

If this was a US Tour, then that would happen. There was so much stuff that was involved on this summer tour that made it impossible to do that. PR08 was slower because of the clusterfuck that preceded it. The equipment was shipped via boat and it was stuck in storage (Warner, lol) until after the 2nd show of PR08. Then Pooch had to mix Milton Keynes, the two Canadian shows, and the first two PR08 shows while on tour...so he got behind. Then the last 4 were later, etc.

So the record for the best mixing turnaround is still PR07, ironically the first time they did it, haha. I hope the next US tour is fast too.

That clears up quite a few things. Thank for the info. Hopefully the next US Tour is back around 3-5 days, haha... although most people don't pay attention to how long it takes after the first few shows are released.

Edited by Cyro

Which show do you guys say will be the best version of New divide???

It's hard to say, as there are plenty of instances of it that most of us haven't heard yet. The best from the tour itself, in my opinion, is none other than 26.07.2009 - St. Petersburg, Russia, Telebashnya Stadium, but I assure you that this probably isn't the "best" version... just my personal favorite.

I may or may not make a best of compilation again. z.weirz did the first two that were hosted on this site then i did one for a christmas present, I might wanna do one again for this tour, the prob is it's kinda small. I need a popular vote tho for Points. I personally wanna put the high voltage / bloc party mashup over it, but I'm biased cuz High Voltage is one of my fav songs, and it's the first time the first verse was done since 01. So I'll make a poll about it later on.