Sonisphere Airing On MHD (1080i HD TV)

Nameless

Palladia, MTV Networks' high-definition music channel, is kicking off 7 days of nonstop mayhem with its "Outdoor Week 2009" concert series. Starting on Tuesday, September 1 viewers can watch the hottest outdoor festivals from the comfort of the cool indoors, as Palladia premieres festivals featuring artists including Bruce Springsteen, Kings of Leon, Lily Allen, Gnarls Barkley, Metallica, Linkin Park, and many more. From the grasslands of the U.K. to the seaside of Spain, Palladia is taking viewers around the world to the biggest outdoor concerts of the year!

Sonisphere 2009 Next, the Sonisphere Festival is rocking out with some of the biggest heavy metal acts in contemporary music. Headliners Metallica, Linkin Park, Alice in Chains and Anthrax are all jam packed into 2 hours of one of the liveliest rock fests the Knebworth House in the U.K. has seen. Palladia will be airing the British edition of the festival, which is held in seven different parts of Europe throughout the summer. Sonisphere 2009 premieres in two parts on Saturday, September 5 and Sunday, September 6 at 9 PM*.

*all times ET/PT

Wow! Will we get more proshot LP/DBS songs from Sonisphere UK? We sure hope so! You guys in the UK get ready to record this!

Thanks to chestington.net for this update!

I doubt you'll get a rip from UK HDTV to be honest, the channel is only aired on Sky HD, which is an apsolute bitch to rip from, the cheapest method is to take the whole box apart.

Also I thought it was aired in HD as well the last time it was broadcasted?

Wow! Will we get more proshot LP/DBS songs from Sonisphere UK? We sure hope so! You guys in the UK get ready to record this!

This is only available in america ;)

And info from Metallica's Myspace:

Sonisphere Festival 2009

Saturday, 9/5 at 9pm and Sunday, 9/6 at 9pm. The Sonisphere Festival is a series of rockin' summer music festivals taking place across Europe and features some of the biggest and best bands in Hard Rock and Metal. Part 1 of the 2009 festival premieres Saturday, 9/5 and features performances by artists such as Metallica, Linkin Park, and Anthrax. Part 2 of the 2009 festival premieres Sunday, 9/6 and features performances by artists such as Machine Head, Limp Bizkit, and Alice in Chains. Please check your local listings. Pallaidia tv can be found here: http://www.palladia.tv Final artists featured are as follows: (schedule subject to change) Prog 1 (Saturday 9pm EST) Linkin Park - New Divide, Dead By Sunrise - Crawl Back In, Heaven & Hell - Bible Black, Taking Back Sunday - New Again,

Taking Back Sunday - Sink Into Me, The Used - Hospital, Alient Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal, Anthrax - Safe Home, Anthrax - Anti Social, Bullet For My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire, Metallica - Fuel

Prog 2 (Sunday 9pm EST) Metallica - Hit The Lights, Alice In Chains - Dam That River, Machine Head - Struck a Nerve, Machine Head - Halo, Limp Bizkit - My Generation, Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff, Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong, Linkin Park - In The End, Metallica - Fade To Black

So yeah we are gonna get more so anybody that can - please record :D

Edited by Rob_Wilson

HD is already on torrents.ru :)

Tracklist

01. Metallica - Hit the Lights

02. Alice in Chains - Dam that River

03. Machine Head - Struck a Nerve

04. Machine Head - Halo

05. Limp Bizkit - My Generation

06. Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff

07. Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong

08. Linkin Park - In The End

09. Metallica - Fade To Black

;)

HD is already on torrents.ru :)

Tracklist

01. Metallica - Hit the Lights

02. Alice in Chains - Dam that River

03. Machine Head - Struck a Nerve

04. Machine Head - Halo

05. Limp Bizkit - My Generation

06. Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff

07. Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong

08. Linkin Park - In The End

09. Metallica - Fade To Black

;)

This is part 2, part 1 has yet to be uploaded AFAIK.

LP looked extremely out of place, thank god the crowd was behind them. Being in the middle of a Bizkit/Metallica sandwich is no place for our pop-rock heros.

And Chester: stop dressing like Bruno.

err limp played the sunday lp played the saturday

Edited by sian18

LP looked extremely out of place, thank god the crowd was behind them. Being in the middle of a Bizkit/Metallica sandwich is no place for our pop-rock heros.

And Chester: stop dressing like Bruno.

err limp played the sunday lp played the saturday

pwnt

The fans that went to Sonisphere in Finland treated LP better than the fans at Knebworth. I think the whole Summer tour was just an epic fail. Chester even said it was the stupidest tour they have ever done, with the crazy traveling and stuff. Plus a lot of crowds were horrible, such as Knebworth and Epicenter to name a few. I think they should have just done the make-up dates in Asia and left it at that.

If they didn't do the Summer tour, the album could have possible been out sooner than it will be now.

The fans that went to Sonisphere in Finland treated LP better than the fans at Knebworth. I think the whole Summer tour was just an epic fail. Chester even said it was the stupidest tour they have ever done, with the crazy traveling and stuff. Plus a lot of crowds were horrible, such as Knebworth and Epicenter to name a few. I think they should have just done the make-up dates in Asia and left it at that.

If they didn't do the Summer tour, the album could have possible been out sooner than it will be now.

thats not true i was at knebworth and the crowed was great at first they only started booing when dbs came out but when new divide kicked in fans were happy again the biggest mistake was DBS in the encore they should have put them on first

i agree that the tour was unnecessary, the make-up dates were cool but the tour was random imo.

And why did they do a show at a metal concert, who are they trying to fool i mean as much as i love them they are as far from metal as it comes with mtm which is like almost half of the setlist.

just my opinion though.

i agree that the tour was unnecessary, the make-up dates were cool but the tour was random imo.

And why did they do a show at a metal concert, who are they trying to fool i mean as much as i love them they are as far from metal as it comes with mtm which is like almost half of the setlist.

just my opinion though.

LP don't choose which shows they're gonna go to, the festivals contact them and ask them to play :blink:

• 3 months later...

I think the whole Summer tour was just an epic fail.

Na man. If LP would've done PR08 then the next shows be the 2009 few Asian shows...damn that'd suck. I'm glad they played in Europe and at Epicenter. Stuttgart was just fucking awesome. I had a blast at all the shows I went to and plus, we got an intro for New Divide, some new stuff in the set (RME over POA, etc), and all that. Good tour. I would like LP to do some sort of world tour every year, small (like this year) or big (like 2004).