LP LIVE 2009 / Your favorite moments?

shmu_hardron

So, it looks like the 2009 tour is over (or maybe they'll headline KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas?); great shows, memories for everyone.

What was your favorite moment? Something special at the venue? New version of old songs? Different stuff? Share your thoughts .

I was at show in St. Petersburg, Russia, this year. It was completely awesome that one of the fans appeared on stage with band! I don't remember when was the last time they put someone on stage from the crowd. Also, I'm in love with the new intro to POA and that part of In The End when Brad plays guitar part from Pushing Me Away.

I was at the Gräfenhainichen show and they really kicked ass! I loved to see DBS and the setlist had just so much energy and power, it was my 2nd favourite concert of them so far! Really good performance this year and Chesters voice was amazing, especially with DBS, he put all his power into it ^^

New Divide was also a special experience. It's nothign compared to the studio version if you hear it live as the opener of the encore.

and btw, Brad often played PMA over ITE in the past, but you're right, it's awesome. APFMH over POA was nice too, although I would have loved wo see APFMH full.

I was at Stuttgart and saw one of the first DBS performances. THat was one highlight for me.

Mike rapping different verses over POA was great! I loved that as well as the setlist. Session opener =)

And the end was just awesome....Crawling with HHH verses, ITE, BIO then DBS, ND (great live song), Faint and OSC. Can't imagine a better set...

Another Highlight was St. Petersburg where they brought a fan on stage!

It was a great tour. Can't wait for the 2010 shows =)

I was at Athens, Greece show at July 21st. Favorite moments:

I was at the front rows. I was so addicted that I was going to see LP again. When "Funeral For A Friend" was playing, I wanted to prepare myself for LP's concert, you know a little warm up. But it wasn't a little...... :P Pits, water fights, etc, I was in!!! Around FFAF's 5th song, I jumped so high (I'm 1,98cm and I remember that my look was sooooo high) and when I "landed",.... I nearly broke my leg......

FFAF was over, and was time for LP! I REMEMBER WHEN THE LIGHTS WENT OUT AND SESSION INTRO PLAYED.... OH - MY - GOD!!!!! Then.... GIVEN UP!!!! At the front row we were totally a WAVE..... I was watching how ADDICTED Chester was. "Thought I was focused but I'm sCAred, I'm not prePAred...." HE HAD AN..... WOW LOOK!!!! He was watching us like OMG!

I remember when "Given Up" started, Chester did a jump/stunt. I remember that I made an ironic thought "he can't do stunts and jumps anymore..... :P" (You know, cause of the problem he had with his back, and I had read that he won't do any jumps.....)

"From The Inside" began, and I was really afraid... My FUCKING RIGHT LEG.... I hurt so much..... To avoid the fact to fall down or totally break my leg, me and a friend of mine, moved some rows back.... I remember SO clearly the "From The Inside" intro lights above me.... Awesome...

I went some rows back. I took off my "LPU3" T-shirt I was wearing and raised it to the air for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chester took off his shirt too!!!!!! Amazing tattoos!!!!

"Points of Authority" began some songs later. "Petrified" intro. When Mike said "Tough talk doesn't mean a thing...." I saw a huge light above me.... First thought "What they did ?" talking about LP stage lights.... BUT NO!!!! A guy with a red "smoke producer" ABOVE MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can see it at the "Points" Live in Athens video. If I find the cable of my camera I will upload the video for you to see!!!!

Addiction continued. "Points" ended, and I was expecting the "There They Go" outro. I was hurting, and afraid of my leg..... I heard the word "sun".... I don't know why, but my first thought was "Papercut"... 4 seconds ago I SCREAMED, "DUDE, A PLACE FOR MY HEAD OUTROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Oh my God!!!!!!!

When "Leave Out All The Rest" ended (if I'm not mistaken, maybe it was in the end of another song) Chester said "I told you that it won't take long, to come back!!!!!!"

"New Divide" breakdown..... What a sound!!!!!!! No words!

"Faint" outro! Chester put his leg on Mr' Hahn's "table" and began headbanging!!!!

And finally "One Step"!!! Amazing!!! At the "One Step" HD video at youtube, you can see a T-shirt raised! That's me!

But it wasn't over! When the band left the stage, CHESTER GOT BACK AND GAVE US A HUUUUUUUUGE KISS!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't got a meet n' greet pass :( but the concert was amazing!!!!

WAITING FOR A 2010 EUROPEAN PROJEKT REVOUTION IN ATHENS!!!!!!!

Edited by Eddie

hmm tough one but my fave moments were :

1. When Mike rapped HHH over the intro of the reanimated crawling...I actually cried cause it's one of my fave songs and it was my dream to hear it live

2. The intro to BTH, the crowd was clapping faster faster and Mike went along with his keyboard when he suddenly stoped and looked at us with a wide smile is his face

3. Before APFMH Mike said it was requested by the LPU and he gave a shoutout to us (LPU) and I went like crazy and screamed so loud that made him point at me

4. Last but not least, before they leave the stage Chester gave us a huge kiss for goodnight. It was f*cking amazing!

These are my fave moments from LP's concert here in Athens, GR

Edited by EvoOba_

It was fun getting rips and updates this Summer, I enjoyed it. I think the new POA intro is awesome, same as the new New Divide intro and new BTH intro. I also loved DBS, we finally got to hear My Suffering in HQ as well as Fire, awesome shit. RIP 2009 tour!

Edited by Geki

Yo max! Nice to see you posting here.

For a moment I thought that it was you when I saw "max" nickname, but decided against it, and then saw the same thread @ LPUMB with shmu_hardon as the author and figured out that it was you here :)

one of my favorite moments of 2009 would probably be Epiccenter Breaking the Habit POWER OUTAGE its just funny seeing people going ooooooh WTF -starts singing-

and Dedicated Over Points Reading my Eyes outro place for my head outro

Yo max! Nice to see you posting here.

For a moment I thought that it was you when I saw "max" nickname, but decided against it, and then saw the same thread @ LPUMB with shmu_hardon as the author and figured out that it was you here :)

hey Serg, thanks :) Mark spotted this thread on LPU & asked me to post same thing here, and wow, im on the news page! thanks )

its awesome to read people impressions of this years lp shows :]

Edited by max

mine would be mike doing dedicated over POA and ouro APFMH chesters screaming voice has been the best that its been in a while BTH piano intro and new divide im not gonna say dbs im gonna wait till i seen them in a small venue when the crowed isint booing so i can enjoy them

I saw 4 shows this year and I can say that Mike treated me well. Four shows - 3 different POA outros (There They Go, Reading My Eyes, A Place For My Head). 3 different versions of HHH/KRWLNG (Hands Held High verse 1 over KRWLNG, Hands Held High verse 2 over KRWLNG, and then HHH verse 1 a capella into HHH verse 2 over KRWLNG).

Petrified verse 1 fucked up twice, High Voltage/Bloc Party, Petrified verse 2 over POA intro.

Highlights were Reading My Eyes since I was so fucking intent on getting that verse rapped over a part of the set. New Divide, jesus christ that song rocks it live. Lights the crowd on FIRE and Shinoda has a GREAT intro for it. HHH is sweet. Long intros to NMS/WID were top notch in the middle of the set and I really enjoyed Session (Joe Hahn is back, motherfuckers).

Numb outro into Breaking The Habit intro is simply the best one Mike has ever done. Fucking awesome buildup that gets the crowd into it. Highlight for that was Stuttgart after Numb when he started the piano piece. Crowd starts chanting MIIIIKE SHINOODDAAA (clapclapclapclapclap), etc for like 45 seconds and Mike just stops playing and looks up at us :) Hell yeah!!

DBS was dope. Ryan rocking out was a pleasure to see - I love watching him live.

Never thought I'd see APFMH, RME or High Voltage live so Mike made that wish happen for me this summer. A majority of the songs were the same as 2008 that I saw but energy-wise, this tour destroyed PR08 USA when the band seemed really tired on stage. Now I'm ready for some new setlists and a huge ass 2010 tour with me at 20 shows, haha :)

Overall an A+ tour, saw some great stuff I thought I'd never see, I love the small changes in the set....New Divide rocks it hard. Now time for some Figure.09, A Place For My Head and With You again.