01.08.2009 - Knebworth, England

Welllll after an eventful show in Stuttgart that featured a lot of new things in the setlist, the band will next play in Knebworth, England at Knebworth Park as a part of Metallica's Sonisphere Festivals. This one will last over two days, so LP headlines their own day instead of directly opening for Metallica like they did in Pori, Finland a few shows ago.

Stuttgart sure saw some badass stuff. The Dead By Sunrise portion was cool, right? And a huge shoutout to Anne right here who hung out with us in Zurich and Stuttgart after the shows. She is the one that asked Mike for us to do 'Reading My Eyes' over 'Bleed It Out'. Mike thought the idea was great, and instead did a totally different 'Points Of Authority' than he has ever done before. The intro featured 'High Voltage', 'Bloc Party', and lines from 'Points', while Mike gave his first LPU shoutout in years on the outro and rapped 'Reading My Eyes' over it for the first time ever.

Incredible! So please thank her for prompting Mike to keep changing the set.

What will Knebworth bring? Is Mike going to keep changing stuff? Who all from LPLive is going to the show?

*HERE* for those interested are the band set-times for both evenings. Linkin Park will be set to go on at 9:00 P.M UK Time.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going. :D

It's my third LP concert, and Linkin Park have a 1h45 slot, so I don't know if that means they'll fit in all their songs. :/

Just hoping for Mike to come into the crowd, and Chester to do the whole Given Up scream. :)

In an hour a half in Stuttgart they did the full LP set plus DBS. So they have plenty of time.

Mike will go into the crowd most likely but I doubt the Given Up scream will happen lol.

LOL, that took some worry off. :)

I want to get the best place possible for LP, but that means waiting at the main stage for like 12 hours and not going to the smaller stages, and waiting for like hours without music.

Doable. :D

Is there any chance of a decent audio recording, since there's no SBD of the show?

Are you recording this show mark?

if you are, could you record some of the other acts for me?

Also, Have a great time.

I'm not going man. I never said anywhere that I was going, lol. I am only going to Grafen and Pomona. I just went to Graz, Zurich and Stuttgart.

what i dont understand is how Heaven & Hell is opening for LP. Thats insane. LP need to get their shit together seriously if they wanna be a better show then Ronnie James Dio. Jesus Christ. For those who dont know who Heaven & Hell is. Its basically Black Sabbath without Ozzy Osbourne. Lead singer is Ronnie James. I cant believeee that LP is going on after them. man. Pray for LP guys. Pray

If LP does not talk to the crowd AGAIN then there is no way this show is going to be one of their best ever.

I'm actually starting to get a bit worried. I listened to a Sonisphere podcast and they think DBS is a joke (apparently they got some tracks early). If thats the attitude, then after DBS going into New Divide? That could get ugly.

I realize it's just the opinion of those people but still.

Well that's just the opinion of some. I mean even though I wasn't feeling DBS, I can't judge them until I personally hear the CD. The crowd wasn't feeling it much - some were don't worry - but DBS played a heavy set. Ryan and Chester were rocking out...Elias too. Amir, Brandon and Fu weren't really moving but man Ryan and Chester were everywhere. A lot of screaming and stuff.

New Divide is in a perfect spot. The UK crowd will love it, maybe not the non-LP fans but the LP fans will explode. The place just went fucking apeshit insane when Mike came out for the ND intro on the Virus. Everyone was so ready for LP to come back on stage and man they lost it on ND.

Then Faint and OSC, holy shit the place about melted. If they would have done APFMH I believe the stands would have collapsed from all the people jumping and people would've passed out in the pit, lol. We were ROCKING it like HELL up front. I think Sonisphere UK will be an ok show....lots of haters but lots of lovers too. Remember it is the only LP UK show this year so all the hardcore LP fans will be there going nuts.

Remember it is the only LP UK show this year so all the hardcore LP fans will be there going nuts.

LP fans are quite afraid to show some action, when there are some hardcore metal fans nearby, so it won't happen unless they all gather in front of the stage.

Just my opinion(attended Pori's show. Was one of few who sang along/clapped/jumped/chanted during all the songs(only Faint and OSC had some real action)

i know its stupid but i wana see james hetfield with LP or chester with Metallica , that would be crazy. just thinking about lars and rob solo togather , like james and lars in woodstock festifal 99.

:)It will be great:)

Edited by linkindude

i know its stupid but i wana see james hetfield with LP or chester with Metallica , that would be crazy. just thinking about lars and rob solo togather , like james and lars in woodstock festifal 99.

:)It will be great:)

Its not that its stupid its physically impossible for James to play with LP since that day Metallica will be playing in Dublin :)

Its not that its stupid its physically impossible for James to play with LP since that day Metallica will be playing in Dublin :)

ok din't knew about that . thats cool. but i am not getting all this .. ???

Edit: "This one will last over two days," what does that mean ? :blink:

Edited by linkindude

metallica in dublin! yeahhhhhh cant wait lol

to bad lp isnt here as well

nice little mini festival we have here... anyway i wonder if lp will change sumtin for the sundays show... hope something interesting will happen

I hope LP puts on a great show, though the reviews will all probably be pretty negative regardless of how they perform.

Gotta love those metalheads.

I hate those metal heads.

I dislike metal music on the whole along with their narrow-minded and rude fans.

I'm so worried for LP. :( They have to kick some major ass. That's all they need to do. Screw the critics all-around. If Chester thinks this is a make it or break it show, i hope they bring their A-game.

Why is Linkin Park even headlining a freaking 90% metal show when they're not even metal? The producers should be shot for their unbalanced mix of genres.

I have faith in LP to give their all but i don't have any faith in metal crowds in being respectful. God i wish i could go to give LP some support. I'm going to be biting my nails all through tomorrow. And that is why you don't get attached to a band and their music because just like people, you start caring about them. On-top of my worrisome college life, i now have to worry about LP.

I seriously need a break. <_<

Edited by arbiter