Linkin Park @ Festival Rock One Confirmed

hahninator

According to the official Festival Rock One website here (or here), Linkin Park will be playing on August 5th, 2009 at the festival. The show is now fully confirmed for those of you who were unsure of it previously.

The location is in Portimão, Portugal at the Algarve International Motor Park (Autodromo Internacional Do Algarve). LP will be playing after Fonzie and before Klepth and James Morrison. The show has been added to our 2009 tour page as the last show in Europe for the year. This brings the total of 2009 shows to 18.

For you hardcore Linkin Park fans, this might mean another webcast and/or TV airing of the show. Portugal is known amongst LP fans for the proshot video recordings of the 2007 and 2008 shows in Lisboa. This could potentially be great considering many expect LP to change the setlist quite a bit for this tour and perhaps include some rarities or even a new song! Speaking of webcasts, has anyone researched webcasts for any other shows for 2009?

Stay tuned for the announcement on LP.com (I assume shortly). Well, congrats Portuguese fans - you got a last minute show added for 2009! And remember....the first show of the summer tour (Istanbul) is in just three days.

Edit - Show is now confirmed!

Linkin Park will be headed to Portimão, Portugal on August 5th to perform at the Rock One Festival, a four day music experience at the Algarve International Motor Park. Tickets are on sale now at http://www.rockone.pt/

Stay tuned for the announcement on LP.com (I assume shortly). Well, congrats Portuguese fans - you got a last minute show added for 2009! And remember....the first show of the summer tour (Istanbul) is in just three days.

portoguese fans are great! their crowds are amazing :)

portoguese fans are great! their crowds are amazing :)

Hell yeah Chester gave them a big shoutout in 2008. They are proud to play in a city that loves music more than any other city or something. The crowd was awesome...very good that LP is returning to Portugal.

Now they need a show in Spain...the Spanish seem to be quite unlucky lately, lol.

well, i don't know whether it will be a fylly broadcast, but uk sonisphere is in talks with several tv channels to broadcast some of the shows, and theres is a usb wristband where performances from some of the sonispheres will be put out to...

Hi, I'm form Portugal. I went to Optimus Alive! 2007 and Rock In Rio 2008 to see LP. This year, it will be so dificult to be in Portimao to see them. I dont think that will be recorded, because there aren't media partners that can do this transmission, but i'm not 100% sure. I remember you, that Optimus Alive! 2009, where was Metallica, slipknot, etc, there was not transmission. However, I really want a good transmission of the show. I will try go to the show so hard.

I remember you a phrase that chester said in Optimus Alive! 2007 that i never forget: "You are one the best crowds that we ever played for, if not the best crowd that we played for". That was amazing. We, portuguese fans, get really crazy in their concerts. :D

Sorry for my English.

byebye ;)

Edited by MacShepard

Hey so are the shows gonna be recorded this summer?

you read our minds. info on this coming tomorrow...

PS - oooh... i'm a contributor??

Edited by Adam

you read our minds. info on this coming tomorrow...

PS - oooh... i'm a contributor??

Epic! Hell yeah Adam thanks for the info :)

Contributor, yeah, haha. You contribute a lot sooooooo I thought it'd be fitting, heh.

Epic! Hell yeah Adam thanks for the info :)

Contributor, yeah, haha. You contribute a lot sooooooo I thought it'd be fitting, heh.

Now I need to come up with a sweet Avatar. I'll have to work on that.

Let me just say that I'm really happy to have LP again on my country!

But, unfortunately, we think this year the concert will be not transmitted on TV.

This is a new festival and as media partners they have a channel (TVI) that here we consider a little bit sensationalist and with a big lack of taste on the daily shows and we really think that they will not pass LP instead of the awful usual soap operas :S

Perhaps on Rádio Comercial we might could have a chance to listen something....(http://radiocomercial.clix.pt/)

The other think shocking us around here is the bands that will perform on that day because specially James Morrison and Klepht (a new national band which plays pop).

fonzie are known internationally(but not so much)...

Edited by Loony

Thanks MacShepard and Loony for all of your useful information! And welcome to LPLive :) Hopefully we get some type of broadcast whether it's radio or TV. Maybe there will be a Digital Souvenir Package for that show (more information tomorrow).

Adam you should take a screencap of you doing the LPU promo video and use that, hahaha.

"Oh, I didn't see you there; I'm just in the LPU chat room talking with all my homies"

Adam you should take a screencap of you doing the LPU promo video and use that, hahaha.

"Oh, I didn't see you there; I'm just in the LPU chat room talking with all my homies"

this. Adam has brought back the LPU, best thing to happen since sliced bread haha

Thanks MacShepard and Loony for all of your useful information! And welcome to LPLive :) Hopefully we get some type of broadcast whether it's radio or TV. Maybe there will be a Digital Souvenir Package for that show (more information tomorrow).

1) you're welcome when we know more informations we will tell you something (me or anyone from LPPT)

2) The digital souvenir package will be great because there are many fans (including me) who can't go to the show because they already have tickets for the others festivals occurring at the same time around our country or because of the location of the venue...

New info:

http://www.observatoriodoalgarve.com/cna/n...p?noticia=30611

For the non-portuguese:

"After being advertised as the headliners of the Rock One Festival, Linkin Park may not finally come to the Algarve. Organizers wait till the end of the day to confirm.

"They confirmed time ago, then they un-confirmed, and now we are waiting for a new confirmation, we have time till the end of the day (today, july 20). It seems that everything is ok." It's been said by the people from the Festival to this newspaper.

The band doesnt appear in the festival's website, neither in the advertisements put in airplanes to show the Festival in the Algarve's beaches."

Edited by Kay

New info:

http://www.observatoriodoalgarve.com/cna/n...p?noticia=30611

For the non-portuguese:

"After being advertised as the headliners of the Rock One Festival, Linkin Park may not finally come to the Algarve. Organizers wait till the end of the day to confirm.

"They confirmed time ago, then they un-confirmed, and now we are waiting for a new confirmation, we have time till the end of the day (today, july 20). It seems that everything is ok." It's been said by the people from the Festival to this newspaper.

The band doesnt appear in the festival's website, neither in the advertisements put in airplanes to show the Festival in the Algarve's beaches."

hm...seems sorta bad news :/

These guys are joking with us, i'm so sick of this :angry:

I've been following this LP@RockOne thing (I'm portuguese and I'd like to see the band if they come here) and I'm getting tired of this confusion around the festival.

I sent an e-mail to RockOne's organization some days ago, and they confirmed LP; however, in the festival's website(rockone.pt) there was no sign of LP; they told us that they had some problems with the website's server and couldn't update it... some days after that, the website was updated, announcing LP. In the following day, the website was updated again, and LP was nowhere to be found. WTH?

Now it's a little bit chaotic... in RockOne's official website we have some bands, in Radio Comercial's website (Radio Comercial is the official radio partner of the festival) we have other bands in other days,... and if you go searching in other sources you can find some variations of the festival's line up. Looks like the festival's organization has no idea about what they are doing :unsure: <_< I don't trust them at all anymore; I'll just wait for a confirmation from LP.com before I do anything...

Holy shit what a mess. Well the festival site officially announced LP, I went to the site and saw it and like you said, went back the day after and it was removed. I wonder what the hell is going on.

If LP pulls out then it's going down as a canceled date on the Live Guide since the festival announced the damn thing.

http://www.rockone.festivaispt.org/

Is that not an official site?

At http://www.rockone.pt/, LP was up there on that big rotating picture thing for a day. Wow, that'd be so crazy if they pulled out.