2024.09.16 - Brooklyn, New York (Barclays Center)

RogueSoul

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Qwerty18 said:

You know what would make me loose my shit? 

If they'd ever play the 2000 version of High Voltage again. But that one I don't see happening^^ 

I'd also love to see Qwerty, that one has decent chances.

We're gonna play a B-Side for you. Something that's not on the album.. 

I also have the feeling Emily's takes on the old songs is improving quickly.

She seems to make more fine-tuned choices of when to go for a clean approach VS full rasp sing-scream, and the transitions between those styles is getting more smooth. It's all starting to flow more naturally, if that makes sense.

I can only imagine how much improvement is still ahead (as long as she doesn't strain her voice too much / use the correct technique).

Edited by Qwerty18

These number of shows in 2024 are great opportunities for Emily and the rest of the band to figure things out. Then in 2025 when the touring schedule will probably get crazy, we'll see how they're really doing. We've already seen great improvements in just 3 shows. There's no way to go but up.

37 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

I also have the feeling Emily's takes on the old songs is improving quickly.

She seems to make more fine-tuned choices of when to go for a clean approach VS full rasp sing-scream, and the transitions between those styles is getting more smooth. It's all starting to flow more naturally, if that makes sense.

I can only imagine how much improvement is still ahead (as long as she doesn't strain her voice too much / use the correct technique).

Same, I feel even Mike & the guys are less nervous and they're enjoying as hell.

Emily is less nervous and hitting every song really really really awesomely!

You may not like Emily, but you can't say she can't sing after what we saw her do in Keys to the Kingdom, Given Up, and A Place For My Head in those two shows.

Now, it's a pity that the setlist changes will be very small. Although it's an almost perfect setlist, it would be interesting to have more changes. They could do like Avenged Sevenfold, who create the setlist based on Spotify streams from the place where they're performing...

Chester had 20 years with the band, to learn, to improve, to know himself and how to approach songs (songs he helped write, he was a part of them since their construction)

Emily is no more than 12 months into this, having to first memorize structures and lyrics of 50 songs. All while recording new stuff and dealing with all this crazy world change for her.

Now it's the time when she's starting to really learn the approaches on detail. She will be way more awesome than she already is.

It's clear she was trying to heard to scream all the time, to be heavy and raspy all the time. It was the pressure of "no one will be able to replace Chester screams". And now she learned that we enjoy when she sings, and the scream are some spicy touches here and there.

Edited by vinifeijo

1 hour ago, Sukotto said:

So “… Intro C” uses Burn It Down. Wonder what B uses… maybe we’ll find out in Hamburg?

So if that was intro C and we still have an intro B, what are our guesses for the surprise song for set B?

Personally would love Rebellion or Final Masquerade but it will probably be something like From the Inside

19 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

Chester had 20 years with the band, to learn, to improve, to know himself and how to approach songs (songs he helped write, he was a part of them since their construction)

Emily is no more than 12 months into this, having to first memorize structures and lyrics of 50 songs. All while recording new stuff and dealing with all this crazy world change for her.

Now it's the time when she's starting to really learn the approaches on detail. She will be way more awesome than she already is.

Yes, we also have to remember that these songs were made for Chester's voice. She is taking on someone else's work while the band is trying to adapt these songs to fit her vocal range. For example, her performance in Emptiness Machine is flawless.

It's not just her who is 'learning,' the band is too.

Moreover, half of the band that had chemistry is off the stage, and this makes her job harder.

I haven't seen videos of the New York show yet, but the performance I saw of her in Los Angeles left me extremely satisfied.

45 minutes ago, Bliss said:

So if that was intro C and we still have an intro B, what are our guesses for the surprise song for set B?

Personally would love Rebellion or Final Masquerade but it will probably be something like From the Inside

I’d agree with something like From the Inside or Rebellion. Based on APFMH and LITE, it’s a high energy song.

The evolution is very significant.
Some songs still need to be more aligned. Emily has a very powerful voice and has already demonstrated this.

As all the previous comments say, it is only a matter of time before she finds the right technique and puts her own identity into the old songs.

As for the set list, it is very good indeed, and we have to think that probably 4 or 5 songs were removed from the set after the release of the new album to make room for the new songs.

14 minutes ago, thigolpbr said:

1,654,756 views in 4 days an audience recording.

Linkin Park could release some of these proshot shows so fans can buy and watch them. Those who can't go to the show anywhere in the world can watch them.
It doesn't have to be all of them, but some would be interesting.

It might be a wrong impression (especially since I'm not an expert), but I saw a lot more cameras than usual at the Los Angeles show. I got the slight impression that it wasn’t just for the big screen... I'm probably mistaken.

Now, if you think about it rationally, it doesn't make sense to release these shows in professional quality, since the band knows their performance is still evolving. They would probably prefer to wait until they're more polished before making any new official releases, ensuring that what goes out represents them at their best.

Maybe they are recording these shows for internal use, like to polish details of the live show, vocal melodies that not working as well as they initially thought, songs that not moving the crowd or things like these.

Talking with some friends many of us think that this tour is more of a test than a proper tour. To fire up the engines and get the band in perfect shape for the Hard tour next year. If you see the Emily from LA show and the one in NY, there are changes in her way to perform song songs like The catalyst like some of you has already said.

I see this as a warm up, but in a very high level.

27 minutes ago, Yucker said:

Talking with some friends many of us think that this tour is more of a test than a proper tour. To fire up the engines and get the band in perfect shape for the Hard tour next year. If you see the Emily from LA show and the one in NY, there are changes in her way to perform song songs like The catalyst like some of you has already said.

I see this as a warm up, but in a very high level.

That would make a lot of sense.

I just hope they'll keep the one THP spot in the setlist for the actual full-on tour. KTTK has been an absolute highlight, and I would love to see it become a staple in their setlist.  It can only get better from here, once the crowd gets more accustomed and reactive to it.