Can we talk about Emily?

8 minutes ago, Justin said:

I think that the people who want a statement would say that's still a cop out and not enough. It would be something, and enough for a lot of people to read between the lines when it comes to Emily's current status with Scientology, but I don't think Cedric and Chrissie and the Growing Up In Scientology guy would be satisfied with it.

They want her to explicitly and forcefully denounce Scientology. A roundabout statement that implies that her status as an active Scientologist has changed won't be enough for them and the people who have been the most adamant on the subject.

Actually, I do think that implication would be enough for some of the fans who just want some clarification, especially if it was stern enough and worded in a way that represents all six of them. And I think Aaron (Growing Up in Scientology) was asked a similar question in one of his streams and said a statement of that nature would be a step in the right direction.

As for Cedric and Chrissie, they got every right given their history. If Emily is really trying to leave, I hope she can reach a point where she can come out and apologize to them proper.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if this is new information to any of you but for the “emily doesn’t believe in mental health” crowd, it’s worth pointing out that back in 2020, Emily and Dead Sara performed at a charity benefit concert for Talinda Bennington’s mental health charity. https://loudwire.com/badflower-so-happy-im-thirty-festival-dead-sara-bones-uk/

4 hours ago, Justin said:

Fantano has completely adapted to fit the majority opinion of his viewing audience. He is the living embodiment of the fauxmoi subreddit.

Somehow it's become that the burden of proof is on her to prove a negative, otherwise everything being said about her is true by default.

Fauxmoi?

Fantano really pissed me off, his jokes about OML being the worst album of the year or something like that, his video about his perception of OML after Chester's passing with jokes and humor in it, him sayinghe could not care less about PT and did not bother even giving it a chance, while he spends 40 minutes talking about the new Lil Uzi Vert record... bleah. 

Youtubers and critics shitting on Linkin Park? We're soooo back. I see things like that over the internet, but I'm having a lot of fun. Screw whoever that's trying to ruin it for people just for some clicks and attention. I think we're gonna get all the answers we need in time. It's only been a week.

3 minutes ago, NimaLP said:

Youtubers and critics shitting on Linkin Park? We're soooo back. I see things like that over the internet, but I'm having a lot of fun. Screw whoever that's trying to ruin it for people just for some clicks and attention. I think we're gonna get all the answers we need in time. It's only been a week.

Luckily, so far, it's not affecting the song popularity and the comeback that much, 32 million on Spotify in less tha a week is bananas, everybody is talking about LP new music.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/6564/bz5DBX.png

Yeah... I'm gonna need some actual sources on that one.

Anyway, after a week of mulling over everything, I'm leaning towards giving Emily and the band the benefit of the doubt. Music journos and (actually credible) CoS critics are going to be investigating and if the band doesn't make any sort of statement they'll get answers. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Edited by HybridParty

Implying that Mike is now a Scientologist sounds like the kind of thing someone says when they feel the attention of the public and the media shifting away from you. Like a last gasp before everyone fully moves on.

No doubt some people will absolutely take this and run with it as if it’s an absolute fact, but yeah I agree with needing some actual proof of that claim rather than just “Hearing from sources in the know”.

Saw some guy yesterday refering to this old rehearsal video of 1999 (or 2000) before they were famous where you can see a Scientology building in the background at some point who took this as proof that they have always been ST. 

2 minutes ago, Xelawie said:

Saw some guy yesterday refering to this old rehearsal video of 1999 (or 2000) before they were famous where you can see a Scientology building in the background at some point who took this as proof that they have always been ST. 

If they were always ST, then wouldn’t Mike casually calling Scientology “pretty dark” have been a problem? I don’t know much about the inner workings of Scientology, but I’m pretty sure “Don’t publicly disparage Scientology” is like rule 1.

This is getting ridiculous. Some of you jokingly said that the next thing would be they'll accuse MS of being Scientologist... And you can't understimate people's attention craving.

Let's be real, Scientology needs celebrities joining them and making proselitism. Tom Cruise, John Travolta... If Mike would have become a member, we would already know, that's what brainwashing are for

14 hours ago, HybridParty said:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/6564/bz5DBX.png

Yeah... I'm gonna need some actual sources on that one.

Anyway, after a week of mulling over everything, I'm leaning towards giving Emily and the band the benefit of the doubt. Music journos and (actually credible) CoS critics are going to be investigating and if the band doesn't make any sort of statement they'll get answers. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

What does this even mean haha

Hello, i am new here but a fan since hybrid theory.

English is not my native language so sorry in advance if i write something strange. 🙂 

I have seen this band five times live and i loved every second. His voice and his personality was very unique. I still listen to them every day. And still deeply in love. My favorite album is ATS. 🙂 

Now, with emily. Aside of the rumours. (i really hope it is just rumours) First i heard that there will be a female singer i was like: uu i don`t think that will work.

After hearing her, i like her voice and it sounds LP to me. Not everything but her voice is good. And for the `slow` linkin park songs it works very well in my opinion.

BUT... there are a few songs that i really struggle to hear from her. Given up, Breaking the habit.. somewhere i belong, leave out all the rest, numb. And so on. This songs for me are chesters songs. It stung in my chest heraing it from her. I know maybe it needs more time. And is there a reason no songs from oml was played? (iam glad but still wondering)

But i am looking forward to the new album. The emptiness machine is very cool and I hope everything goes well for them and that at some point it is about the music again and bringing joy into our hearts.

Sooo these are just my thoughts about it. I needed to let it out. Thanks 🙂 

Edited by Faaaaabi

Certain people have been accusing the band of joining a cult or something similar like that since the Collision Course days, especially when they changed the logo on MTM (triangle meaning, etc). It's nothing new. Emily joining them and having a dark past was just pure coincidence but don't expect any good logical reasoning behind a person who probably still believes Chester and Chris passed due to other circumstances and not suicide.

I want to share something that has been around my head since the come back show. 

It's a personal story. I was in a band like 10-12 years ago, we started as a cover band playing Deftones and Linkin Park mainly and to fit better the vocal range of the guy who sang for us, we had to change the key of many songs, for example Breaking the habit or Bleed it out so when I heard the key change on the show didn't sound weird/New to me because we had to did the same back them for our shows. A couple of years later the guy left the band and we picked a girl to sing. We started our shows with Somewhere I belong with the 2007 intro (the one with the drum fill) so when Linkin Park started the show (after TEM) and Emily began to sing the "classic" songs it sounds very natural because I was listening Linkin Park songs sung by a girl for 3 years.

Of course Emily is a professional artist and our girl was an amateur, the skills can't be compared but the feeling was there. They're still Linkin Park. 

On 9/11/2024 at 10:40 PM, WaitingForTheEnd said:

I am not sure if this is new information to any of you but for the “emily doesn’t believe in mental health” crowd, it’s worth pointing out that back in 2020, Emily and Dead Sara performed at a charity benefit concert for Talinda Bennington’s mental health charity. https://loudwire.com/badflower-so-happy-im-thirty-festival-dead-sara-bones-uk/

yeah, she has some lyrics regarding mental health etc in Dead Sara as well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKLhILz_nBg

On 9/11/2024 at 10:40 PM, WaitingForTheEnd said:

For what it's worth, I think that's a major misdirection of what the event was actually and primarily about. It was not a charity event, it was a birthday celebration because 3 of them got 30 during that time. That might be the only premise under which Dead Sara was booked and the rest developed after. We have no way of telling one way or the other.

57 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

yeah, she has some lyrics regarding mental health etc in Dead Sara as well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKLhILz_nBg

Scientology does not deny mental health in general and I have no idea where this misconception comes from. In fact Scientology is heavily reliant on mental health and people struggling with it because that's how they make their money. They say that traditional and scientific psychology and psychiatry is not able to treat mental health problems, instead mental health problems can only be treated by their pseudo science Dianetics and through auditing etc. The book they base their stuff on is even called "Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health".

And that whole thing is one of the many major issues with Scientology: it prevents people with actual problems to get proper help because they are made to believe that they are already treated perfectly fine (all while getting ripped off).

So no, it is not like Scientology denies the existence of mental health. It's the treatment they disagree with.

Edited by Coizu