2024.09.05 - Los Angeles, CA (Special Event)

RogueSoul

If the event will include some kind of performance, I'm curious if they took Lost, or Friendly Fire into consideration when creating the setlist, which are still pretty recent singles. It would be cool to be able to hear live versions of these songs. 😁

But if I may be tempted to make a prediction, I think they will play 5–6 songs during the event, safe bets + a new song:

1. The Emptiness Machine

2. Numb

3. Waiting for the End

4. In the End

5. Faint

6. Bleed it Out

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI, no regional drop-- midnight in NZ rn, no song. I don't know why anyone expected otherwise, considering there's a countdown and everything, but I just thought I'd let people know.

Regarding setlist discussion, I bet they won't open with a new song. I think at some point Mike will do a little speech about past 7 years, maybe about the creative process and what led to writing this new music, then he'll introduce the new song and the'yll play it.

I'll say under 1 hour set, 11 songs:

1. Papercut

2. One Step Closer

3. Lost

4. Iridescent

5. The New Song

6. Mike solo

7. In The End

8. Faint

9. Waiting For The End

10. What I've Done

11. Bleed It Out

15 minutes ago, Elaine said:

Just an FYI, no regional drop-- midnight in NZ rn, no song. I don't know why anyone expected otherwise, considering there's a countdown and everything, but I just thought I'd let people know.

A lot of people don't realise that singles aren't released at midnight regionally the same way albums are released. They can do, but they also often don't.

They are often released at specific date and time universally. To match with other promo activities such as this. I think some people just got confused because they often just check at midnight for new releases. 

31 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

love the phrasing lol. hope they did.

I did a meet and greet on the hunting party tour and all the band members kinda came out separately. And then one of LP's management thanked us all for coming and hoped we enjoy the show, we had to remind her that Rob hadn't come out, someone had to go and get him.

When he came out, I told him, they had forgotten about him, so to fuck up the other guys he should sign my Hunting Party Vinyl the biggest to show that he was really the one that mattered. So now I have a THP vinyl with a huge Rob signature on it :D 

15 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

Regarding setlist discussion, I bet they won't open with a new song. I think at some point Mike will do a little speech about past 7 years, maybe about the creative process and what led to writing this new music, then he'll introduce the new song and the'yll play it.

I'll say under 1 hour set, 11 songs:

1. Papercut

2. One Step Closer

3. Lost

4. Iridescent

5. The New Song

6. Mike solo

7. In The End

8. Faint

9. Waiting For The End

10. What I've Done

11. Bleed It Out

I think 11 songs is quite ambitious, but I do agree with them not opening with the new song. I kind of think they’ll do the first song with out the new member(s) and then introduce after that. 

I’m gonna guess 4 songs.. maximum of 5.. unless they splice together parts of a bunch of songs and we count that 

30 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

I think 11 songs is quite ambitious, but I do agree with them not opening with the new song. I kind of think they’ll do the first song with out the new member(s) and then introduce after that. 

I’m gonna guess 4 songs.. maximum of 5.. unless they splice together parts of a bunch of songs and we count that 

So do you think there's gonna be more to the event, let's say a Q&A session after the performance ?

From all the timeframes they provided, someone calculated that the event should be (at least ?) around 1.5 hours. I'm not sure they would be setting up this whole logistical ordeal, a ticketed event, secret location, transportation only to make a 15 to 20-minute appearance

50 minutes ago, Smarky said:

A lot of people don't realise that singles aren't released at midnight regionally the same way albums are released.

Albums can have global releases too.

17 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

So do you think there's gonna be more to the event, let's say a Q&A session after the performance ?

From all the timeframes they provided, someone calculated that the event should be (at least ?) around 1.5 hours. I'm not sure they would be setting up this whole logistical ordeal, a ticketed event, secret location, transportation only to make a 15 to 20-minute appearance

I think it starts with some sort of hype video that kind of highlights the history leading up to today… Then the guys talking about how this came together and/or a short behind the scenes documentary about the making of the new song. A nice little segment or interview with the new singer to get to know them, and how they got here.  tour/show announcements, music video, and then (and this is purely wishful thinking) maybe an album announcement with details on bundles etc. and then some sort of short q and a..  all of that plus them playing 4-5 songs either at the start, the end, or maybe even sprinkled throughout the whole show kind of like a Howard stern interview. 

idk why, I just don’t see them playing a ton of songs.. at least not on the live stream, maybe the crowd there will get more.

edit: also didn’t know the show was 90 minutes long. Is that the length for the actual stream? I’m imagining the live stream being 30-45ish minutes, with another 45 minutes just for the live crowd, that might include an extra 3-4 songs and a photo op. 

Edited by milkshake227

6 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

edit: also didn’t know the show was 90 minutes long. Is that the length for the actual stream? I’m imagining the live stream being 30-45ish minutes, with another 45 minutes just for the live crowd, that might include an extra 3-4 songs and a photo op. 

No, I just remember someone on here calculating the rough length of the actual event from the timeframes they've given (they've given information how long you should expect to be separated from your vehicle etc.) and I think it was somewhere around that

5 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

No, I just remember someone on here calculating the rough length of the actual event from the timeframes they've given (they've given information how long you should expect to be separated from your vehicle etc.) and I think it was somewhere around that

Ahh gotcha. I might be way off and it is mostly a live performance.. I just keep picturing it as more of a comic con or e3 style reveal/panel to get as much info out as possible, with a live performance sprinkled in. 

Edited by milkshake227

Very emotional and anxious about this event and can’t wait for it to be over. Not sure if I’ll be supporting the band moving forward though. 

Linkin Park have played a major role in my life since 2001. My favorite band of all time, and Chester is my hero. It was an honor to meet him in 2003, go to a handful of LP shows, be in the LPU, work with the Street Team, and be part of the LPlive community.

If the smoke clears after today’s event and “Linkin Park” are releasing new music, tour dates, or have a new member, I’m out. To me, Chester IS Linkin Park. The heart, the soul, the voice. I don’t care who created the band, who wrote the music, and who is still here to move forward. Chester is gone. And “Linkin Park” should be, too.

My other favorite band, Sublime, just spent almost 15 years with a new singer, making music and touring as “Sublime with Rome.” It was upsetting to hear people say “Hey I’m going to see Sublime tonight!” No, you’re not. Bradley  Nowell isn’t playing guitar and singing on stage. He can’t.

I know Chester supported Sublime with Rome, and he himself “replaced” Scott Weiland, touring and making new music as “Stone Temple Pilots”, so there’s certainly a valid argument of “Chester would have wanted this” or “it’s a tribute to him” and “continues the legacy.”

I hope that if new music comes out, it involves Chester outtakes. If they tour, they play his vocals over the PA, or have the crowd + band do his parts. That’s the most I can hope for.

I’m happy others are excited and wish the surviving members the best of luck, but this potentially crosses a line for me personally and is too upsetting to be part of. 

I never thought I'd see a preshow post any more. Wow!  Been following since 2007. It's good to read this.  It brought a tear to my eye. Love you soldiers!  I'll be at the event too, looking forward to meeting some of you!

18 minutes ago, sublimeric said:

Very emotional and anxious about this event and can’t wait for it to be over. Not sure if I’ll be supporting the band moving forward though. 

Linkin Park have played a major role in my life since 2001. My favorite band of all time, and Chester is my hero. It was an honor to meet him in 2003, go to a handful of LP shows, be in the LPU, work with the Street Team, and be part of the LPlive community.

If the smoke clears after today’s event and “Linkin Park” are releasing new music, tour dates, or have a new member, I’m out. To me, Chester IS Linkin Park. The heart, the soul, the voice. I don’t care who created the band, who wrote the music, and who is still here to move forward. Chester is gone. And “Linkin Park” should be, too.

My other favorite band, Sublime, just spent almost 15 years with a new singer, making music and touring as “Sublime with Rome.” It was upsetting to hear people say “Hey I’m going to see Sublime tonight!” No, you’re not. Bradley  Nowell isn’t playing guitar and singing on stage. He can’t.

I know Chester supported Sublime with Rome, and he himself “replaced” Scott Weiland, touring and making new music as “Stone Temple Pilots”, so there’s certainly a valid argument of “Chester would have wanted this” or “it’s a tribute to him” and “continues the legacy.”

I hope that if new music comes out, it involves Chester outtakes. If they tour, they play his vocals over the PA, or have the crowd + band do his parts. That’s the most I can hope for.

I’m happy others are excited and wish the surviving members the best of luck, but this potentially crosses a line for me personally and is too upsetting to be part of. 

Well in that case you can already check out at this point.

They are adding a new member.

They are releasing new music.

They are going on tour.

I understand Chester was your hero, he really was mine too, but for me personally; i'm done looking into the past.

Chester will always be in my heart and many more around the world, but his time sadly got cut short. Our time simply keeps going and going. 

For me personally i see no other way but to honor him by living life the absolute best you can. I'm sure surviving members also had this discussion and must have come to the same conclusion. Their luck should not be held back by something they are not in control off.

It's sad that you can’t see it the same way, but we are all allowed our opinion ofcourse (as long as It's presented in a respectful matter)

31 minutes ago, sublimeric said:

Don't you think that Chester would have wanted them to move on without him?

Come on man...

14 minutes ago, Mohnjorrow said:

I never thought I'd see a preshow post any more. Wow!  Been following since 2007. It's good to read this.  It brought a tear to my eye. Love you soldiers!  I'll be at the event too, looking forward to meeting some of you!

Any idea when we think the ticket will be emailed?

We are very spoiled by the fact that the band has gone through literally no line-up changes since 2001. This is very special and shows how dedicated LP members are to this band. If only for this reason, they have every right to continue their work, maintaining full respect and love for Chester.