Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

Also the fact that they barely promoted it.

Maybe it was promised to Warner in their contract (either as a "GH", or just as "one more additional release"), and the band wanted to get it out and get it over with.

They weren't keen on doing interviews because at that point the LP reunion had already been in the works. They knew that questions about possible LP comeback would come up, which if answered truthfully would obviously compromise their plans, so they mostly opted out of interviews for that reason.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the character in front looks like Mike.

Not sure what that means though. I hope, and think, it's a new song. I also think they will have a new vocalist, but they keep it hidden until the actual reveal.

5 hours ago, BeardyWilderness said:

Come on man, we were asked to stop with this. They're your opinions, and I respect them, but they also can come across as provocative to people that care about this (second rate LP, for example).

Let's not have this topic closed again. :')

No negativity intended. We were asked to stop arguing, im not looking for an argument, i just say my feelings lol.

Roll on thursday/friday so we can judge fairly.

Genuinely sorry if it pissed people off, no drama intended.

5 hours ago, Smarky said:

I've not seen it discussed much but the timing seems curious. Just at the end of last year, Mike released already over and seemed to be teasing/talking about something bigger as if it was a new era for him and Mike Shinoda music, he talked about non-traditional release schedules and the whole 'crimson' thing and even making a big deal about shaving his hair etc, seemed like it was symbolising a new era for him and releases.

But then he went pretty silent and then now we have this. It seems to me like something came together behind the scenes and changed his plans? I'd also not be too sure that there is a full album coming soon as if this is true, the time frames would be pretty tight.

Brad heard Already Over and was like "hold on a minute, this shit slaps" and called everyone to get the band back together

8 hours ago, millytripleseven said:

Also the fact that they barely promoted it.

Maybe it was promised to Warner in their contract (either as a "GH", or just as "one more additional release"), and the band wanted to get it out and get it over with.

They weren't keen on doing interviews because at that point the LP reunion had already been in the works. They knew that questions about possible LP comeback would come up, which if answered truthfully would obviously compromise their plans, so they mostly opted out of interviews for that reason.

That's a good point. I never actually thought about that but when exactly was their last interview? I remember Mike was doing tons of media for that. Howard Stern, Apple Music, etc. But then after that it was the whole Already Over sessions for the rest of the year, then we got the Papercuts Greatest Hits hype back in April, but has it really been no interviews since the Meteora 20 release?

34 minutes ago, eyesburning said:

I'm a little disappointed they didn't make it such that 300 hours exactly fell on the release time. That feels a little lazy?

Maybe the release time changed, seems odd to me to not have a countdown back to 0 which would have made the most sense rather than end on count up.

1 hour ago, solidss said:

That's a good point. I never actually thought about that but when exactly was their last interview? I remember Mike was doing tons of media for that. Howard Stern, Apple Music, etc. But then after that it was the whole Already Over sessions for the rest of the year, then we got the Papercuts Greatest Hits hype back in April, but has it really been no interviews since the Meteora 20 release?

For Papercuts there was a written interview for Revolver Magazine, and then maybe one more (on Sirius XM?). I can't recall any other interviews

32 minutes ago, millytripleseven said:

For Papercuts there was a written interview for Revolver Magazine, and then maybe one more (on Sirius XM?). I can't recall any other interviews

Even if it wasn't any reunion. Interviews would be pointless, you can ask them:

Why did you choose those songs?

Why releasing a GH?

Tell us more about Friendly Fire/Qwerty

And that's it. Not much to speak about.

46 minutes ago, Bebro said:

I think the thing with papercuts being 2000-2023, confirms that there will be new music this month.

It doesn't confirm it per se, but I definitely think there will be new music this week.

I think I said before that putting the years 2000-2023 marked a line in the sand (pun intended)

Weird.

I've been keeping an eye on Emily Armstrongs instagram after the rumours as I'd love it to be her.

I saw that Jim Digby was following her (LP's tour manager) who I was pretty sure didn't show before. I left it on the screen and just came back to check and it appears he isn't following her anymore....

58 minutes ago, Smarky said:

Weird.

I've been keeping an eye on Emily Armstrongs instagram after the rumours as I'd love it to be her.

I saw that Jim Digby was following her (LP's tour manager) who I was pretty sure didn't show before. I left it on the screen and just came back to check and it appears he isn't following her anymore....

LP comeback cancelled!

Dead Sara in general looks suspicious. They announced new music and shows at the end of last year for this but since then they are basically completely silent. They made a cover EP from 2017 available on streaming and that‘s their only communication ever since then  (obviously there is a chance that they constantly posted Instagram stories that I have no idea about). And for this year there is no music or any show announced. Their drummer is touring with another band right now (not sure about his involvement besides touring), their guitarist played at least one show with another band and Emily herself collaborated on two tracks on her own with other artists. Dead Sara looks very inactive to me which could either be a sign or complete coincidence (lol). 
Also last year they suddenly cancelled all their European shows without any communication or explanation. Most festivals apparently just removed them from the line up. But from what we currently can theorize, that happened before the LP thing got rolling. But in general things look odd. Maybe someone here is more knowledgeable than me about them though. 

18 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

The Emily following on Instagram is pretty suspicious indeed. Real, a decoy, or something else (collaborator on something)?

I really think this is the least suspicious out of all the things regarding Emily. Because that's easily explainable.

It's very likely that people within LP circle would like a fellow smaller artist from L.A. area, who's also on the same label (they literally could've bumped into each other in label offices over the years, or gone to Dead Sara shows occasionally), and vice-versa.

The wiping out of her instagram pictures seems more suspicious to me, as well as her not even addressing all the questions about LP, which she got many of in the comments (and you can bet in the DMs as well). She just keeps posting vague ig stories, like the middle finger with a microphone, driving around L.A. or at the beach.

Don't know what to think about it. I would like to know where the rumor originated from (allegedly it's from some people in the industry/in the area, but who exactly and how they would know about something that is definitely kept secret).