Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

So member wise Twenty one pilots would be perfect for LP. A singer replacing Chester and a drummer replacing Rob. Also they're currently on world tour, around that time they're in Texas but they're free on September 5th. It's not that much of a stretch...

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, PizzaPino said:

So member wise Twenty one pilots would be perfect for LP. A singer replacing Chester and a drummer replacing Rob. Also they're currently on world tour, around that time they're in Texas but they're free on September 5th. It's not that much of a stretch...

Got a LPU email so I don't know that they would do an event in LA and announce in Texas. 

TOP and LP also never quite made sense to me. No reason for TOP to change what they're doing. I only liked it because I am in Texas and could have gone lol

SmartSelect_20240829_112801_Email.jpg

23 minutes ago, Chazy987 said:

I have no doubt: they understood yesterday's reaction and decided to fix. Sure the timer was supposed to continue but they rushed it and gave us something REAL. Good move, they fixed it.

I actually have always thought whatever the situation with the clock is, there is going to be more *confirmed* info out before the actual thing. Seeing as LPU members got an invite to an offline event for next Thursday, I can’t imagine them just deciding to do that overnight..

I don't think they pushed this change/announcement forward because of the response they got. The LPU email contains the same artwork and the sign up time frame is today and tomorrow. I doubt they reshuffled all of that on such short notice. When else would they have given people the chance to sign up and make plans?

Adam being back has me on the hype train. 

He isn't back for something small. This is his job. 

I'm so happy. Everything ran so smooth under Adam with LPU. I'll pretend this was the end of the countdown announcement lol

8 minutes ago, Numbrocker said:

Adam being back has me on the hype train. 

He isn't back for something small. This is his job. 

I'm so happy. Everything ran so smooth under Adam with LPU. I'll pretend this was the end of the countdown announcement lol

Exactly my thoughts. This is the biggest development so far.

Adam being back full time and on LP management, not just Warner and looking after LP would mean they needed someone to handle things full time suddenly again, so whatever is going on, it's going to be pretty big, not just a random single release, reissue, other random tribute show etc. This looks to be the real deal. 

The countdown should have just had that video of Adam waving when it got to zero, maybe with the other LP members...

Edited by Smarky

24 minutes ago, Stranger said:

Adam Ruehmer left Warner and now back with LP as LINKIN PARK MANAGEMENT.

holy fucking shit. This is all but confirmation that LINKIN PARK IS BACK!

now was that so hard? They should've done this at the end of the countdown but probably saw the huge community backlash and just dropped it instead of waiting.

1 minute ago, linkinepi said:

holy fucking shit. This is all but confirmation that LINKIN PARK IS BACK!

now was that so hard? They should've done this at the end of the countdown but probably saw the huge community backlash and just dropped it instead of waiting.

The irony is, if Adam is back in LP's management full time, part of this might even have been his doing...

"Be a part of something" is interesting and also has me feeling a bit unsure about our assumptions. Like I'm beginning to think more along the lines of this being a one-time tour or festival run, maybe with a new song or EP on streaming to coincide, but not something that is indefinite. 

Like, I'm not getting my hopes up for it to be an indefinite comeback yet. I'm thinking it's gonna be a limited run/celebration, maybe with content from fans similar to Mike's Open Door campaign back in the day

2 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

"Be a part of something" is interesting and also has me feeling a bit unsure about our assumptions. Like I'm beginning to think more along the lines of this being a one-time tour or festival run, maybe with a new song or EP on streaming to coincide, but not something that is indefinite. 

Like, I'm not getting my hopes up for it to be an indefinite comeback yet. I'm thinking it's gonna be a limited run/celebration, maybe with content from fans similar to Mike's Open Door campaign back in the day

Wouldn’t Mike have shutdown these rumours/assumptions if that’s the case

Edited by Arslan

1 minute ago, Arslan said:

Wouldn’t Mike have shutdown these rumours/assumptions if that’s the case

No, because if new music is coming he's gonna be pretty silent, because that's a big deal no matter what. And you could still have a new singer for a limited tour, so the idea of this being a "limited run" vs an indefinite comeback would still jive w the original leak being intentional as well 

1 hour ago, PizzaPino said:

Some people are deaf definitely 

That guy as a vocalist its pretty fucking limited .

Might be of interest to some of you fine folk that 'lp.jpg' from the website has latitude and longitude added to its EXIF tags, both reading '0º 0' 0.00"'. So that might be another clue for the Zero / Xero theory.

WTKV5Rx.png

35 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

Maybe 'Be a part of something' is the new single title? hehe

48 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

fair point. i think if Adam quit another job to come back as LP’s digital manager, this might be something a bit more permanent. not sure though.

Talking about EXIF data, the image seems to be based on a photo that has been taken months ago. Shortly after we got the Billboard article. Just to give some perspective of timings. Don't visuals usually come last in their creation period? Or at least very close to it. So if that was already a topic they took care back then, this whole thing has been in the works for a long time.

image.png.8cd8a5d687fa80741285b44965ca8a21.png

Edited by Coizu

Can anyone explain how the Emily Armstrong rumor got started? I've been listening to Dead Sara and think she would be really cool if they decide to go the female singer route. I just don't understand how she's been connected to Linkin Park.

4 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Talking about EXIF data, the image seems to be based on a photo that has been taken months ago. Shortly after we got the Billboard article. Just to give some perspective of timings. Don't visuals usually come last in their creation period? Or at least very close to it. So if that was already a topic they took care back then, this whole thing has been in the works for a long time.

image.png.8cd8a5d687fa80741285b44965ca8a21.png

Ofcourse it's been in the works for a long time.
Mike's "New Era Of Mike Shinoda Music'' didn't end just because of Papercuts all the sudden.

I knew it was when the Already Over sessions were sped- up that the other guys were in on board and something was happening.

2 hours ago, Smarky said:

The irony is, if Adam is back in LP's management full time, part of this might even have been his doing...

Tbh it probably was. 

But Adam has earned about 10 passes from me. So all is good lol

This literally made my day.