One-Step Vinyl - New 3 Vinyl Releases!

martinez

A special limited vinyl releases of three Linkin Park's albums Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes To Midnight are available now for Pre-Order on Because Sound Matters web store, for those who previously has purchased something through the band's official store. Check your e-mails! EDIT: the vinyls are now available for everyone!

Store description:

LINKIN PARK's first three studio albums will be released as One-Step vinyl records on August 9. As a valued customer of the LINKIN PARK STORE who has previously purchased vinyl records, we wanted to give you early access to this pre-order 24 hours before we launch.

One-Step vinyl is the ultimate vinyl pressing. The process creates the definitive sounding audiophile version of an album. Each limited to 3,000 copies, Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Minutes To Midnight will each be housed inside a top quality, foil-stamped, uniquely designed slipcase. The enclosed gatefold single LP will feature an “Old Style” tip-on jacket with original artwork and have printed details regarding the entire One-Step process.

Special care has been taken to faithfully preserve the original sound with exceptional clarity and depth, capturing the recording's nuances and subtleties at every step to create the best sounding record possible.

Hybrid Theory (093624844044):

ht-small.png

click on the cover for HQ artwork

PRE-ORDER

Details:

Spoiler

One-Step vinyl is the ultimate vinyl pressing! Because Sound Matters' meticulous One-Step process creates the definitive sounding audiophile version of Linkin Park’s Hybrid Theory

This One-Step version is strictly limited to 3,000 copies.

The album is housed inside atop quality, foil-stamped, uniquely designed numbered slipcase. The enclosed gatefold single LP will feature an “Old Style” tip-on jacket with original artwork.

Special care has been taken to faithfully preserve the original sound with exceptional clarity and depth, capturing the recording's nuances and subtleties at every step to create the best sounding record possible. The One-Step process is highly regarded among audiophiles and collectors for its' unparalleled sound fidelity and represents the pinnacle of vinyl manufacturing & craftsmanship.

BSM One-Step Details:

Audio Source: 192/24 files From Original Master Tapes
Vinyl Compound: Neotech VR900-D2 180g High-Definition Vinyl
Vinyl Mastering: Levi Seitz at Blackbelt Studios
One-Step Process: Dorin Sauerbier at RecordTechnology, Inc.
Pressing: Record Technology, Inc.
Packaging & Print: Stoughton Printing Company

Notes For This Format Release:
Hybrid Theory was recorded in the digital domain, it was then mixed through an analog electronic chain onto tape. Those original master tapes were then carefully transferred to 192/24 wav files that ended up being our audio source for the One-Step pressing.

We used Neotech VR900-D2 180g vinyl compound, which is also known as Super Vinyl or Clarity Vinyl – the best in the world.

Levi Seitz at Blackbelt Mastering (Metallica, Pearl Jam, Beyonce etc) cut the multiple sets of lacquers required – crucially all from the same lot of lacquers. Being a massive Linkin Park fan himself, Levi already knew every little sound on this iconic album.

Dorin Sauerbier at Record Technology, Inc has been plating records for decades and is considered the best in the world – he also has done more One-Step processing than anybody. This is a vital step in the process to ultimately delivering the absolute best sounding version of Hybrid Theory ever.

Record Technology, Inc did the pressing, using the exact machine used for so many Mobile Fidelity One-Step releases.

Our slipcases, “Old Style” tip on original art jackets, and inserts were printed by world renowned Stoughton Printing Company.

Tracklisting:
Side One

1. Papercut
  2. One Step Closer
  3. With You
  4. Points Of Authority
  5. Crawling
  6. Runaway

Side Two

1. By Myself
  2. In The End
  3. A Place For My Head
  4. Forgotten
  5. Cure For The Itch
  6. Pushing Me Away

Meteora (093624844068):

met-small.png

PRE-ORDER

Details:

Spoiler

One-Step vinyl is the ultimate vinyl pressing. Because Sound Matters' meticulous One-Step process creates the definitive sounding audiophile version of Linkin Park’s Meteora.

This One-Step version of Meteora is strictly limited to 3,000 copies.

The album is housed inside a top quality, foil-stamped, uniquely designed numbered slipcase. The enclosed gatefold single LP will feature an “Old Style” tip-on jacket with original artwork. 

Special care has been taken to faithfully preserve the original sound with exceptional
clarity and depth, capturing the recording's nuances and subtleties at every step to create the best sounding record possible.

The One-Step process is highly regarded among audiophiles and collectors for its
unparalleled sound fidelity and represents the pinnacle of vinyl manufacturing
craftsmanship.

BSM One-Step Details:
Audio Source: 192/24 files From Original Master Tapes

Notes For This Release:

Meteora was recorded in the digital domain, it was then mixed through an analog
electronic chain onto tape. Those original master tapes were then carefully transferred to 192/24 wav files that ended up being our audio source for the One-Step pressing.

We used Neotech VR900-D2 180g vinyl compound which is known as Super Vinyl or Clarity Vinyl – the best in the world.

Levi Seitz at Blackbelt Mastering (Metallica, Pearl Jam, Beyonce etc) cut the multiple
sets of lacquers required – crucially all from the same lot of lacquers. Being a massive Linkin Park fan himself, Levi already knew every little sound on this iconic album.

Dorin Sauerbier at Record Technology, Inc (R.T.I.) has been plating records for decades and is considered the best in the world – he also has done more One-Step processing than anybody. This is a vital step in the process to ultimately delivering the absolute best sounding version of Meteora ever.

Record Technology, Inc did the pressing – using the exact pressing machine used for
so many Mobile Fidelity One-Step releases.

Our slipcases, “Old Style” tip on original art jackets, and inserts were printed by world renowned Stoughton Printing Company.

Tracklisting:
Side One 

1. Foreword
  2. Don't Stay
  3. Somewhere I Belong
  4. Lying From You
  5. Hit The Floor
  6. Easier To Run
  7. Faint

Side Two

1. Figure.09
  2. Breaking The Habit
  3. From the Inside
  4. Nobody’s Listening
  5. Session
  6. Numb

Minutes To Midnight (093624844099):

mtm-small.png

PRE-ORDER

Details:

Spoiler

One-Step vinyl is the ultimate vinyl pressing. Because Sound Matters' meticulous One-Step process creates the definitive sounding audiophile version of Linkin Park’s Minutes To Midnight.

This One-Step is strictly limited to 3,000 copies.

The album is housed inside a top quality, foil-stamped, uniquely designed numbered slipcase. The enclosed gatefold single LP will feature an “Old Style” tip-on jacket with original artwork.

Special care has been taken to faithfully preserve the original sound with exceptional clarity and depth, capturing the recording's nuances and subtleties at every step to create the best sounding record possible.

The One-Step process is highly regarded among audiophiles and collectors for its unparalleled sound fidelity and represents the pinnacle of vinyl manufacturing craftsmanship.

BSM One-Step Details:
Audio Source: 96/24 Flat Master Files

Notes For This Release:
Midnights To Midnight was recorded and mixed in the digital domain at 96/24. Those flat master files are the audio source for the One-Step pressing. It was recorded at The Mansion in Laurel Canyon, produced by Rick Rubin and Mike Shinoda and mixed by Neal Avron – all legends at their craft. But the secret sauce of why this One-Step sounds so incredible were the engineers capturing the music. Andrew Scheps, Ethan Mates, Dana Nielsen and Protools engineer Erich Talaba showed up at work every day delivering career defining results. We used Neotech VR900-D2 180g vinyl compound which is the same as what is known as Super Vinyl or Clarity Vinyl – the best in the world.

Levi Seitz at Blackbelt Mastering (Metallica, Pearl Jam, Beyonce etc) cut the multiple
sets of lacquers required – crucially all from the same lot of lacquers. Being a massive Linkin Park fan himself, Levi already knew every little sound on this iconic album.

Dorin Sauerbier at Record Technology, Inc has been plating records for decades and is considered the best in the world – he also has done more One-Step processing than anybody. This is a vital step in the process to ultimately delivering the absolute best sounding version of Minutes To Midnight ever.

Record Technology, Inc did the pressing – using the exact machine used for so many Mobile Fidelity One-Step releases.

Tracklisting:
Side One

1. Wake
  2. Given Up
  3. Leave Out All The Rest
  4. Bleed It Out
  5. Shadow Of The Day 
  6. What I’ve Done

Side Two

1. Hands Held High
  2. No More Sorrow
  3. Valentine’s Day
  4. In Between
  5. In Pieces
  6. The Little Things Give You Away

All vinyls have a price $99.98 and will be released on August 9 this year. Let us know in the comments if you gonna buy it!

Instead of talking shit this release...

Its going to be interesting if this is actually an upgrade in sound quality, would be awesome if the albums sound better or atleast different.

the album wasnt mixed again right? its  just another mastering

Hope that we get some alternative versions of some songs, i will not buy this vinyl i dont even have a vinyl player.

Man, this is right up my alley from a technical perspective, but $100 a piece (or $240 for all, and that's before tax and shipping) is really steep. Especially for albums I already own multiple copies of.

Hybrid Theory and Meteora being mixed onto tape is new to me. Have any of the previously released HD digital versions been 192/24? I feel like I've seen 96/24.

Along the same lines, I'm surprised to see MTM at 96/24. Both the DVD with the OG release and the 15th anniversary use 48/24 for the main album, with the exception of the 15th anniversary deluxe being 96/24 for SotD because it's the wrong master, and No Roads Left.

That's an issue, too. Is it gonna be the OG mix of SotD or some kind of alternate master again? There's been three different versions of the song on vinyl, I believe (OG on 2008 pressing, V2 with no "sonar" synth and strings on the 2017 picture disc, and V3 with right synth but the alternate guitar on the Walmart pressing, if I'm not wrong).

Also odd that Meteora was once upon a time a double LP, despite only being 36 minutes long. What's better: a single sided One Step vinyl with 18 minute sides, or a double LP with sides that average about 9 minutes each?

Either way, hope I get to hear this somehow. I'm really curious to hear new masters of HT and Meteora, specifically, that aren't by Brian Gardner.

Edited by letdownagain

These aren't for normal people, lol. You need a real rig with high-end equipment to appreciate the process on these, because the nuances won't come through otherwise. The audience for these has to be vanishingly small, though - I know I personally would probably not be able to pick up the exact upgrades in sound quality over a well-maintained standard vinyl copy of any of these on high-end hardware, and I'm sure that's the case for most people.

Makes me wonder who the driver for this release was - Mike? Brad? Someone at Warner? Someone at BSM?

5 hours ago, gorast said:

These aren't for normal people, lol. You need a real rig with high-end equipment to appreciate the process on these, because the nuances won't come through otherwise. The audience for these has to be vanishingly small, though - I know I personally would probably not be able to pick up the exact upgrades in sound quality over a well-maintained standard vinyl copy of any of these on high-end hardware, and I'm sure that's the case for most people.

Makes me wonder who the driver for this release was - Mike? Brad? Someone at Warner? Someone at BSM?

I'm sorry for being the goofball In this situation but what does BSM stand for?😅

2 hours ago, Rokaito said:

I'm sorry for being the goofball In this situation but what does BSM stand for?😅

Because Sound Matters

14 hours ago, letdownagain said:

Have any of the previously released HD digital versions been 192/24? I feel like I've seen 96/24.

None of the Linkin Park albums were ever released with 192/24 quality. And I think those vinyls will be the very first ones to which the 192/24 masters were used.

14 hours ago, Coizu said:

I am not buying those vinyls anyway, but it is kinda stupid that I spent hundreds of euro in their store yet I didn‘t get the pre order email. If this was a limited item that I‘d actually want to buy, I‘d be furious. 

Artists almost never release One-Step versions of their albums in their website. 

9 minutes ago, bumblebeedc said:

Artists almost never release One-Step versions of their albums in their website. 

available now for Pre-Order on Because Sound Mattersweb store, for those who previously has purchased something through the band's official store.“

They sent a pre order links to people who previously bought stuff on the LP store, yet I didn‘t receive anything. 

• martinez changed the title to One-Step Vinyl - New 3 Vinyl Releases!

I don’t understand why everything being released is on vinyl and being marketed as the best sound quality. Whenever I think of high, crisp sound quality, the hiss/scratch noise that come when playing vinyl makes it inferior to me. That’s why as an audiophile who can notice sound quality I’d always choose a CD where you can rip it in WAV/FLAC and have superior sound quality over a vinyl recording. 

I contacted site support just to get an answer that they have no info about Shadow of the Day. LMAO

Hello Mike, 

Thank you for contacting us.
Unfortunately, we do not have information available beyond the description posted at our online store. 
I apologize for any inconvenience. 

Edited by michalangelo

26 minutes ago, michalangelo said:

I contacted site support just to get an answer that they have no info about Shadow of the Day. LMAO

But I think they would have to compare the SOTD with the correct version, otherwise how would they know which version they have?

2 hours ago, solidss said:

I don’t understand why everything being released is on vinyl and being marketed as the best sound quality. Whenever I think of high, crisp sound quality, the hiss/scratch noise that come when playing vinyl makes it inferior to me. That’s why as an audiophile who can notice sound quality I’d always choose a CD where you can rip it in WAV/FLAC and have superior sound quality over a vinyl recording. 

Preach brother