Epic Games Potentially Tease Chester Bennington Skin to Fortnite?

5 hours ago, Coizu said:

People who are against this, how would you feel about funko pop figures of the band, including Chester?

Honestly Funko Pop Figures of the band would be dope as hell. Now thats actually a good idea to do instead of being put into Fortnite 

Fortnite bad... but Funko Pop good???

I'd understand if it was about some proper statues or maybe even figurines of decent quality, but funkos are some of the most souless, mass produced pieces of trash out there

31 minutes ago, c3bebuilder said:

I think they should add a Mike Shinoda skin

If they do that, then they will have to release 8 versions. 

1. Mike Shinoda

2. Mike Shinoda (crimson look)

3. Mike Shinoda (reorganized look)

4. Mike Shinoda (fort minor look)

5. In My Head

6. Mike Shinoda (no hair look)

7. M!ķ£ $ħ!Ň()ďǍ (reanimated look)

8. Mike Shinoda (NFT)

Edited by milkshake227

5 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

1. Mike Shinoda

5. In My Head

8. Mike Shinoda (NFT)

9. nothings there 

just an empty box

16 hours ago, Coizu said:

How is it different though?

Well Fortnite is an awful game made of pixels while Funko Pops is something physical you can collect and not to mention we already have some LP figures like Nendoroid and the 3D ones from The Hunting Party Era so Funko Pops of the band could be nice since like people seemed to like the LP Album Pops  

How brutal is Fortnite for people to be voicing concerns about watching Chester be shot and killed repeatedly? Isn’t it a kids game? It’s not like we’re talking about GTA here.

On 3/18/2024 at 6:05 AM, Justin said:

How brutal is Fortnite for people to be voicing concerns about watching Chester be shot and killed repeatedly? Isn’t it a kids game? It’s not like we’re talking about GTA here.

It's hardly what I would call brutal, and there's pretty much no blood or other gore in the game either. The "death" animation isn't nearly as bas as some would lead you to believe

On 3/16/2024 at 10:31 PM, leftshoe18 said:

I'd love more Funko Pops based on the albums like the Hybrid Theory and Reanimation ones. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how they would do that for like A Thousand Suns or The Hunting Party.

I honestly think it was a missed opportunity for Linkin Park to not make a Meteora Pop Funko to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Meteora last year. Then again, I remembered hearing something about the figures not being able to be in a kneeled position, though I swear I have seen some Pop Funkos in kneeled positions before (unless I'm just misremembering about the part that I have seen some in kneeled positions before).

Edited by NJPLP

If this happens, it's going to be a new low point in terms of the band's decisions. 

I think the difference between an action figure and a digital avatar lies in the potential for ease of likeness misuse on a large scale to a larger audience. Sure, someone can pose an action figure or place a funko pop in a tasteless way, but an avatar in Fortnite has animations, accessories (weapons, tools, etc.), and freedom of player expression right from the get go. In addition to easy access to record clips on PC/consoles, there is much less effort needed to share something in bad taste to a playerbase/fanbase of millions. 

This isn't something new though. Activision was sued by Courtney when an avatar of Kurt Cobain was able to be used in Guitar Hero to play non-Nirvana tracks. With something like Fortnite which is basically Ready Player One in terms of pop culture saturation, you can have Chester doing all kinds of silly (at best) things. Maybe they would restrict his likeness in some way. 

If this release, will this be some great catastrophe that I will despair over? Nah. It's their band and Talinda and Chester's estate will do what they see fit with his image, but I will think it's lame as hell and will make me question the band's motivations. Especially with Mike being on record dismissing a Chester live hologram. Not totally the same thing but I think it's fair to say it's at least in a similar realm. 

46 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

I honestly think it was a missed opportunity for Linkin Park to not make a Meteora Pop Funko to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Meteora last year. Then again, I remembered hearing something about the figures not being able to be in a kneeled position, though I swear I have seen some Pop Funkos in kneeled positions before (unless I'm just misremembering about the part that I have seen some in kneeled positions before).

https://www.amazon.com/Funko-Pop-Marvel-Captain-Exclusive/dp/B01CDLXBEU

On 3/15/2024 at 4:02 PM, gorast said:

Thread pointlessly derailed in record time, impressive.

I can understand having reservations about using a Chester skin in battle royale, but if it's in the rhythm mode or other social modes (I don't know much about Fortnite's other features either) it doesn't seem all that bad to me. Using his likeness would mean sign-off/buy-in from his estate, and they wouldn't just hand that over for something they thought was tasteless.

Being that it is just a feeler thing, it would still have to go to the estate and get approval before anything else. None of us know if there's been contact or a sign off whatsoever.

On 3/17/2024 at 1:31 PM, milkshake227 said:

1. Mike Shinoda

5. In My Head

8. Mike Shinoda (NFT)

Don't give them ideas, they do this already. Lol.

Generally, my opinion on it is this. If he's going to be added, I'd personally prefer him to be restricted to certain modes. They have the ability to do that now. If he isn't added, no skin off my back, it makes no difference. I understand the concerns and I have my own reservations, but I do agree with the same moral question of AI shit. TOO easy to monetize online now to be making money off a deadman's fake likeness and me personally, I find it pretty fucking disgusting. That's me though. 

Funko pops are lifeless, mass produced little statues, but not really comparable here.

Fortnite is not a violent game. The worst you get is guns and swords and the 'death animation' isn't even a death animation'. It's listed internally as a loss animation as they don't consider your end of the game to be a death. You're eliminated from the game, but no-one is ever dead or killed. It's a whole lore thing, I needed my brother to explain it to me.

It differs for everyone, but I think, with restrictions, this would be fine enough. The band has collaborated to bring their music to the game, a skin wouldn't surprise me. And in the end, it isn't up to the band whether or not he ends up in it. It's up to his estate and Talinda before anything.

On 3/21/2024 at 6:44 PM, SardonicallyParanoid said:

Being that it is just a feeler thing, it would still have to go to the estate and get approval before anything else. None of us know if there's been contact or a sign off whatsoever.

Don't give them ideas, they do this already. Lol.

Generally, my opinion on it is this. If he's going to be added, I'd personally prefer him to be restricted to certain modes. They have the ability to do that now. If he isn't added, no skin off my back, it makes no difference. I understand the concerns and I have my own reservations, but I do agree with the same moral question of AI shit. TOO easy to monetize online now to be making money off a deadman's fake likeness and me personally, I find it pretty fucking disgusting. That's me though. 

Funko pops are lifeless, mass produced little statues, but not really comparable here.

Fortnite is not a violent game. The worst you get is guns and swords and the 'death animation' isn't even a death animation'. It's listed internally as a loss animation as they don't consider your end of the game to be a death. You're eliminated from the game, but no-one is ever dead or killed. It's a whole lore thing, I needed my brother to explain it to me.

It differs for everyone, but I think, with restrictions, this would be fine enough. The band has collaborated to bring their music to the game, a skin wouldn't surprise me. And in the end, it isn't up to the band whether or not he ends up in it. It's up to his estate and Talinda before anything.

You are very right here, Don't give them more ideas. 

38 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

OFF TOPIC: am I the only one who cannot post in the shout box ? When I try to post the page reloads and gets deleted 

Welcome in the club. I can show you the trick that might help you but you will be making doubles as me.