Linkin Park Sued by Kyle Christner Seeking Royalties on ‘More Than 20 Songs’

JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

2 hours ago, bloodbath said:

"Give me a box set and we forget all of this." Gotta love this guy

1 hour ago, leftshoe18 said:

He can't have believed in his case too strongly if he was willing to drop everything for a box set. lol

Congrats for failing to actually read the news and falling for an obvious troll.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little surprised that Warner didn't just hand him a couple thousand to close this out quick. Someone on their side must have been really annoyed about this suit, lol.

That, or they're wary of setting a precedent of minor payouts for bogus claims, which would also be understandable. You hand one guy an unearned 2k to shut the fuck up and all of a sudden every band on the roster's got guys coming up to Warner like "I totally played on this demo and if you don't give me some money I'll go public and sue!!" or some shit.

• 3 weeks later...

It's over:

"We are pleased to announce that we have reached an amicable resolution with bass guitarist Kyle Christner," said a spokesperson for Linkin Park. "Kyle is a very talented musician who made valuable contributions to Linkin Park at a pivotal time in 1999. He performed with the band in several shows and many record label showcases. Kyle helped write and performed on many songs from that era, including some of the songs on the Hybrid Theory EP."

https://metalinjection.net/news/linkin-park-settles-lawsuit-with-former-bassist-kyle-christner

On 3/30/2024 at 9:52 AM, bloodbath said:

I'd never had the LP guys for greedy persons (which is very different from stand your ground when necessary), I'm glad they could put an ending to all of this in amicable terms. 

It was never the band, Warner did some dirty things in the past.. they didn't let Chester do a reunion show w Grey Daze for a Fundraiser back in 2002, the lack of promotion for DBS and not letting Chester do a proper tour, throwing SOB like garbage and stopping the release of their album.

I guess that since C passed away they just want to keep the band away from any controversy, they basically paid for the silence of Kyle.