Lost Demos (Compilation Album)

martinez

Looks like the band decided to put out an separated album with all the demos from the Meteora|20 called "Lost Demos". The album is available on various streaming platforms. All the songs are the exact same versions as the ones originally released on April 7.

300x300.jpg

Click on the cover for higher quality.

Tracklist:

1. Lost (03:19)
  2. Fighting Myself (03:21)
  3. More The Victim (02:41)
  4. Massive (03:08)
  5. Healing Foot (03:31)
  6. A6 (Meteora|20 Demo) (03:54)
  7. Cuidado (Lying From You Demo) (03:18)
  8. Husky (Hit The Floor Demo) (03:13)
  9. Interrogation (Easier To Run Demo) (03:40)
  10. Faint (Meteora|20 Demo) (03:55)
  11. Plaster 2 (Figure.09 Demo) (02:56)
  12. Shifter (From The Inside Demo) (03:24)
  13. Wesside (03:14)
  14. Resolution (04:37)

Official Linkin Park link for the album: https://lprk.co/lostdemos

As dumb a fixation as this is, I like that we get official artwork for the Lost Demos portion of the box with this release. I know there was custom art posted on here before, but I just prefer official art instead when it's available, even if it's just a palette swap and some added text.

4 minutes ago, HT_lash said:

They could have taken advantage and released the Lost (2002 mix) on streams :(

They actually could have done that, just so it's on streaming platforms as well, and not only on YouTube. Maybe they could've done something like add it as a bonus track to the Lost Demos compilation.

Edited by NJPLP

1 hour ago, HT_lash said:

They could have taken advantage and released the Lost (2002 mix) on streams :(

I think they don‘t want to put it on streaming services etc. since they want the 2023 mix to be the definitive version of the song. If someone goes to Spotify and searches for the song, that‘s the version they want that person to hear. Adding the 2002 version only makes that less likely. 

Sometimes LP team is outstanding at marketing decision and sometimes they make some incomprehensible moves.
Lost was so big, why didn't they follow that up properly with Fighting Myself and More The Victim?

Hope this move right now helps a little bit more.

6 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

Sometimes LP team is outstanding at marketing decision and sometimes they make some incomprehensible moves.
Lost was so big, why didn't they follow that up properly with Fighting Myself and More The Victim?

Hope this move right now helps a little bit more.

You sum up perfectly. Maybe we should do a list with their greatest hits and misses

8 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

I think there are two reasons:

1. Lost was way more successful than what they anticipated and they didn't prepare anything big afterwards. It was probably never meant to stick around the charts for that long.

2. They don't want to get caught in the nostalgic trip. As much as it is nice that the song is successful, I can imagine that they don't want to be defined by releasing old stuff now. Especially by releasing old music they didn't consider worthy enough to put on the album back then.

I think Lost is one of the most successful song. Fighting Myself wasn't postponed because of that but rather because Mike's new song was on the way.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:21 PM, Coizu said:

I think they don‘t want to put it on streaming services etc. since they want the 2023 mix to be the definitive version of the song. If someone goes to Spotify and searches for the song, that‘s the version they want that person to hear. Adding the 2002 version only makes that less likely. 

They don't want to release it on streaming platforms, because they want the song to be exclusive only on the CD, so they can raise more money from that.

On 5/8/2023 at 6:27 PM, martinez said:

Official Linkin Park link for the album: https://lprk.co/lostdemos

Why they list iTunes Store? The album is not available in any country there, it's only on Apple Music, Amazon link does not work for me either. Either it's gonna show up there later this week or it is a bug. It seems this supossed to by available for streaming only. If not the official link from the LP side I would consider this release as a mistake, there were such mistakes in the past. The barcode for this album looks weird, the release date is April 1st (Saturday), both not very typically by Warner.

I saw some people consider those as playlist. Check the links to both Apple Music and spotify, the links contains "/album/" instead of that they would have "/playlist/" then.

1 hour ago, Coizu said:

I think there are two reasons:

1. Lost was way more successful than what they anticipated and they didn't prepare anything big afterwards. It was probably never meant to stick around the charts for that long.

2. They don't want to get caught in the nostalgic trip. As much as it is nice that the song is successful, I can imagine that they don't want to be defined by releasing old stuff now. Especially by releasing old music they didn't consider worthy enough to put on the album back then.

That’s a really good point, the success of “Lost” is crazy, and M20 charting on Billboard for 4 consecutive weeks in the first 60 places is insane, like, it’s charting better than OML (except for the peak position). Insane 

• martinez changed the title to Lost Demos (Compilation Album)

I know it might be a bit "off-topic" but any guess as to why the band omitted to release the Instrumentals for Meteora for the anniversary too?

They didn't do it for HT20 either and it's sorta weird, given that they released their Instrumentals since Living Things.

4 hours ago, majorfort said:

I know it might be a bit "off-topic" but any guess as to why the band omitted to release the Instrumentals for Meteora for the anniversary too?

They didn't do it for HT20 either and it's sorta weird, given that they released their Instrumentals since Living Things.

They did release the instrumentals for LT and THP, but they did not release the instrumentals for OML. They were leaked.

Edited by Justin

17 hours ago, Justin said:

They did release the instrumentals for LT and THP, but they did not release the instrumentals for OML. They were leaked.

I think they would've done it post release, but do to Chester's passing they maybe canceled the release and never gone back to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 7:31 PM, YRQRM0 said:

Anything to get more the victim more listens!

100% agree! Lost don't need support anymore, I think Fighting Myself is that much good that can easily defend self, More The Victim needs more support.

On 5/11/2023 at 10:12 PM, Justin said:

OML Instrumentals/Acapellas was mastered and delivered by the band to the label. The label was waiting for the right moment to release them. That's what Mike said.

• 2 months later...