No Roads Left

ChuckCheese

If I was in the band, I'd be glad the song got so much attention, particularly due to all the work that went into it. No Roads Left and No More Sorrow were the two songs that the band attempted to record in the studio with all members playing at the same time.

from what i've been reading reading Mike apprantly has performed No Road's Left live, at the same time We Made It to! Apprantly it was at a secret show for the guys that help set up all there equipment and stuff when they're on tour.

Does anyone know of a good MP3 or WAV version of the song? The only ones I could find sounded sorta grainy.

*ETA: Nevermind, I found one.

I love the lyrics and Mike does a nice job in the studio version. Would love to hear a full studio version of Chester singing it since the tiny snippet on the Making of MTM isn't really much to go by in deciding whose voice better fits the song. To be quite honest, I didn't care for Mike's singing in that same tiny snippet but the studio version sounds much better.

• 4 weeks later...

That had to be one of my Favorite MTM songs even though it wasn't on the record. They could have improved a bit by having a bridge with Chester coming in and doing a little part. But im pretty sure Chester also played guitar on that song. All in all fucking amazing song.

Possibly the most overrated song in LP's short history.

Totally agree on that. But my opinion is a bit more radical. I think that NRL is one of the worst songs that LP has ever recorded. Mike's vocals are, well... poor. Music, comparing to other LP songs, is nothing unusual. Lyrically, however, it is one of the best songs I've ever heard from LP.

Well, i thought they'll play it on the Asian tour, but... :/ They can play it on a "secret show", but on a big live - never {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_sad.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_sad.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_sad.gif A live version of this song MUST exist on LPU8... but there's no fucking chance already... or if they play it in their studio in Burbank and there release it on LPU8... i don't know, but the song must be on LPU... but IMO, it never gonna be played live...

I don't think that releasing this song on LPU could be useful. Media files from LPU are available for free every year, like some LPU videos or LPU songs. You know, it's the same if that's launched on LPU or not. There will be always a website or something to give those stuff to the people for free via youtube or some messageboards.

Otherwise it seems that No Road Left is pretty hard to play on stage. Just watch Mike singing this song in the making of MTM, that's pretty difficult for him to just sing this song in the studio. This is what i felt when i saw him. His voice isn't enough powerful to play a song like this during the shows. In my opinion he can't do that for a big audience. Maybe he can do it in small venue with a few people but i doubt about that though.

• 3 weeks later...