New Linkin Park Underground Launches

LPLStaff

The new Linkin Park Underground, that Linkin Park teased at the end of 2022, has launched today at www.lpunderground.com. There is no exclusive music for this LPU, but the site does come with integration into Discord for the Discord users.

Who has renewed or checked out the new LPU?

I doubt we'll ever get another demos CD now that the box sets are happening. There's a finite amount, after all. I think, barring a change in the band's status, the best you could hope for is a live compilation, or remixes or something.

Edited by gorast

5 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Any chances of a LPU 17? Or it's impossible to know?

it feels weird if they release a cd under the name LPU17 cuz it's been few years back. last LPU was LPU21. hope that they dropped the number thing so they can release anything without any doubt. btw, anybody in here renewing their membership? 

5 hours ago, gorast said:

I doubt we'll ever get another demos CD now that the box sets are happening. There's a finite amount, after all. I think, barring a change in the band's status, the best you could hope for is a live compilation, or remixes or something.

I think there are many more demos than we know/believe exist. We got five previously unheard songs, and even with all the demos included on the disc, there are still versions of songs that we haven't heard in full yet. Just off the top of my head

- "Just drag it out! Remember!" version of A.06

- "I can't stand to fake this!" version of Figure 09

- Sung verses version of Figure 09

- Faint when it was 70bpm [if that still exists]

- "Thoughts that take away my pride" Lost demo

- Whatever the hell Serpent and Nocturnal are

- Grecian

- Reggae style Don't Stay

- Any of the apparently "terrible" demos from the Jeff Blue tapes

And that's obviously like only 10% of what is probably listed on Linkinpedia. And that's just the stuff we know about. Guarantee you; there are songs the band has written that we have no clue they even made.

As for whether or not we'll ever get them or an LPU CD will ever happen again, I agree with you that the odds aren't great. I think the eras of LPU CDs are gone. Sadly.

31 minutes ago, LPAAltwireDerek said:

I think there are many more demos than we know/believe exist. We got five previously unheard songs, and even with all the demos included on the disc, there are still versions of songs that we haven't heard in full yet. Just off the top of my head

- Grecian

As for whether or not we'll ever get them or an LPU CD will ever happen again, I agree with you that the odds aren't great. I think the eras of LPU CDs are gone. Sadly.

Don't forget on "Soundtrack" with vocals, "Shortcut" etc. There are probably more known and unknown demos with vocals. And hopefully you aren't right with LPU CD's. Without them LPU will not survive and it will be like it was after Chester's death.

Grecian!! 

I know it's MTM stuff, so not for now, but that one definitely would be a holy grail to me. I remember back in 2007, around the time MTM dropped, 2 snippets quickly appeared online as well. One was an extract of "No Roads Left", and the other one was an extract of "Grecian". Being young and naive, and not understanding English at the time, when NRL appeared in full, I was convinced "that 2nd screamy B-side" would also come in no time. Except it didn't. It never did. Song was never even finished.

Just for that reason,  I'd love to hear whatever it was, even if it is shit 😄

Edited by Qwerty18

On 4/5/2023 at 7:24 AM, LPAAltwireDerek said:

- Grecian

And that's obviously like only 10% of what is probably listed on Linkinpedia. And that's just the stuff we know about. Guarantee you; there are songs the band has written that we have no clue they even made.

Deftest

Pointillism

Dreamer

Weight

Sick (Don't Stay Demo)

Fire In The City

Chicken Basket

Fucking Awesome

Monday Meeting

LeftRight

The Glistening

Until It Breaks (4th Demo)