Brad Delson Meteora|20 Interview: "We wanted to make something timeless"

LPLStaff

1 minute ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

I really like single songs but the track list is my big issue: Side A is the big singles we all heard 10000 times, Side B is like the “good songs but too many U2-esque ballads”, I’d have moved NMS in the last 3 to break the VD IB IP TLTGYA sequence that is kinda flat 

Side B is flat and I agree. 

2 hours ago, RYG4R said:

LT and THP were supplementary releases, IMO. It's there because they had to because of contract and shit. No passion whatsoever. OML on the other side, it had the passion but lacked commitment. OML deserved to have an external producer. Different minds, different takes, different vibe. Though, we had different writers and contributors but they all sound the same. 

I couldn't have said better. LT and THP although good, they felt incomplete. And OML had better ideas than actual performance 

Edited by bloodbath

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Fans: We want more from other members besides Mike always doing the press
Also fans: These interviews with Brad are repetitive

lol. Any time we can hear from the band these days is good. Brad speaks very well and this was a solid interview. Talking about Don, mentioning he (Brad) was the one that wanted the song mixed by Manny, etc... the smaller details like Mike taking residency in a bus in 2001 to get demos made for the next album, all of that is cool.

i've mentioned about the questions, not about what they said... seems just like Lost is being released, when we have more 13 unheard tracks, idk why no one talks about this.

10 hours ago, unksoldier2000 said:

i've only mentioned the parts that they always ask, instead of just talking about the song bg and not getting furthur into MT20 itself.
(for example: like on the Discord Q&A... we asking about TTTAMP and etc and some other people asking which was Mike's favorite Transformer... geez)

actually that was one of my favorites parts of this interview, Don really deserve credits.
btw, i was going to ask here where he is been into.. he didn't show up for HT20 and either MT20 an he was the PRODUCER, lol.

Don was allegedly contacted about being part of HT20 and refused.

I loved the interview! The lady was so nervous bless her and only 23! It's crazy to think that Linkin Park has always been in her life, like Celine Dion is permenantly ingrained into me from my mum!

I'm now doing the same to my kids (current fav is Battle Symphony for them).

Really is nice to listen to someone else talk other than Mike! Doesn't really matter than nothing interesting was said.

But also, how he described Chester's vocals on Lost was lovely.

I'll keep dreaming for a Rob interview!

It's cool to hear how fond of the track Brad is.

Mike was more "it was cool to go through that time capsule and rediscover what we were about at the time". While Brad is like "Amazing vocal performance, one of the best things we've ever made". He seems more hyped about it than even some fans :D 

1 hour ago, Qwerty18 said:

It's cool to hear how fond of the track Brad is.

Mike was more "it was cool to go through that time capsule and rediscover what we were about at the time". While Brad is like "Amazing vocal performance, one of the best things we've ever made". He seems more hyped about it than even some fans :D 

Yeah Iove his over the top (in a good way) reaction. He is really hyped about the track and M20. This hype makes me a little bit sad at the same time because I always think about Chester’s hype about stuff 

43 minutes ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

Yeah Iove his over the top (in a good way) reaction. He is really hyped about the track and M20. This hype makes me a little bit sad at the same time because I always think about Chester’s hype about stuff 

Chester was the king of over the top hype, also in a good way. His passion was and still is contagious.

14 hours ago, bloodbath said:

I couldn't have said better. LT and THP although good, they felt incomplete. And OML had better ideas than actual performance 

The issue with LT and THP is that they are very inconsistent. I think they have some of their best songs. Sadly the albums as a whole don't manage to maintain that quality level for the full run time, and get really average at times.

OML has great melodies and song-writing throughout the whole record, but is unfortunately heavily pushed down by poor stylistic choices in the sound-design department. I mean, for example, the chipmunk stuff, it's really... of questionable taste. The clapping sounds are cliché. The rhythm sections are really boring from beginning to end.  

Edited by Qwerty18

2 hours ago, Qwerty18 said:

Chester was the king of over the top hype, also in a good way. His passion was and still is contagious.

The issue with LT and THP is that they are very inconsistent. I think they have some of their best songs. Sadly the albums as a whole don't manage to maintain that quality level for the full run time, and get really average at times.

OML has great melodies and song-writing throughout the whole record, but is unfortunately heavily pushed down by poor stylistic choices in the sound-design department. I mean, for example, the chipmunk stuff, it's really... of questionable taste. The clapping sounds are cliché. The rhythm sections are really boring from beginning to end.  

Yeah loved the way he was like “OMG ITS AWESOME IT’S OUR BEST SONG/ALBUM” I remember he hyped GATS all over his social media like a kid 😂😂❤️

5 hours ago, unksoldier2000 said:

i wonder why th he refused, any idea?

Could be anything from losing Chester is too much on him emotionally to participate in something like this - remember, Don was at the helm for two of the biggest rock albums in our lifetimes and knew a lot about Chester from these sessions and time together, to anything else like he has moved on from it in his life, or something. 

Chester would be blowing up about Lost if he were still around. Hell they'd play it live for a special event, I'm pretty sure of it. Whether for a TV performance on SNL or Kimmel or an exclusive LPU event, that seems like something LP would do with a number one song from something 20 years ago and how much they like interacting with their fans.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Could be anything from losing Chester is too much on him emotionally to participate in something like this - remember, Don was at the helm for two of the biggest rock albums in our lifetimes and knew a lot about Chester from these sessions and time together, to anything else like he has moved on from it in his life, or something. 

Chester would be blowing up about Lost if he were still around. Hell they'd play it live for a special event, I'm pretty sure of it. Whether for a TV performance on SNL or Kimmel or an exclusive LPU event, that seems like something LP would do with a number one song from something 20 years ago and how much they like interacting with their fans.

Yeah and I can totally see Chester make jokes with Mike about how many times they wrote the chorus or stuff like that 😂 and he would tweet about the song performing good in charts.

On 3/30/2023 at 9:31 AM, vinifeijo said:

Which release (album or song) do you think the band had confidence it would perform well but flopped?

There are a few releases the band knew it would'nt be popular, but what about the ones they thought it would?

Lost is clearly the opposite, way more successful than anyone could predict.

I would guess The Hunting Party-era stuff probably. Until It's Gone felt like it was engineered for success and it doesn't even seem to be that big within these hardcore fan circles. It also got a nice MV. Final Masquerade is kind of a weird one with the big MV and also the attention on the acoustic section. Choosing to play ALITS always seemed a little odd to me and felt like a sort of "let's make more people aware of THP" kinda play. And after years of "I wish LP would do heavy stuff again", I'm pretty surprised it wasn't bigger, except for the fact that I can see nothing truly captured everything HT and Meteora had. The closest feel musically was wastelands, but the lyrics mean nothing to most people. 

Maybe they thought Iridescent would be bigger as well because of the Transformers feature? 

On 3/30/2023 at 4:53 PM, unksoldier2000 said:

idk but it seems to me that all these interviews are repetitive af

Well, those interviews are not meant to be read by the same fans over and over again. They're conducted in different countries or platforms for one reason only: to promote a release to a broad audience, not the hardcore of the fanbase.

At one point on the BBC Radio 1 interview I thought they had taken the same audio of Brad talking to the German girl and used it for that, but that's because he did so many interviews in a row he was using some of the same talking points and words lol