Meteora Videos Upgraded to 4K

LPLStaff

In a move that fans were hoping would happen, Linkin Park has uploaded 4K versions of all of the Meteora music videos. These are pretty significant upgrades and provide in-depth details in the videos with improved coloring and more. You can watch all of the videos on Linkin Park's YouTube channel.

Upgraded videos include Somewhere I Belong, Faint, From the Inside, Numb, and Breaking the Habit. The music video for Numb will reach 2 billion views very shortly as well!

2 hours ago, LPMaskMan said:

Would be cool, and possible, since it was shot on film too (except the close drumcam, which is DV), so it can rescanned in higher resolution.

It would be awesome to have it at least full hd. On youtube the video has 25 million views, so it deserve the quality upgrade.

22 hours ago, PizzaPino said:

I need this for live in Texas please. 

I already have it...someone from sharemania did an amazing job on LIT....I often don't like upscaled videos but what he did is nothing short of magic

18 hours ago, LPMaskMan said:

Would be cool, and possible, since it was shot on film too (except the close drumcam, which is DV), so it can rescanned in higher resolution.

yes thats the only low quality camera and one of those cameras on fans was also kinda bad

Yeah I really, really hope they upgrade LIT too. Also at some fans saying the original looked better and some even saying it's an AI upscale lol kids aren't aware that pretty much everything at one point before 2002-2003 was shot on film.

Edited by RentEznor

29 minutes ago, RentEznor said:

Also at some fans saying the original looked better

While the quality increased, they changed the color grading quite drastically in some of the newer versions and I can understand that people prefer the muted colors of the original versions compared to the new ones. I personally think the red in Numb is a bit too vibrant for example. All in all I am glad we got the upgrades though.

Regarding a LIT upgrade: If they would do a similar upgrade, they would have to rescan all the original film material, recreate the original cut, do all the necessary editing etc. There were probably way more cameras involved in a live concert recording than a music video shot, so the material they would have to work with is magnitudes more compared to the 4 3-minute videos. At that point the money and time investment is probably not feasible anymore.

2 hours ago, Coizu said:

Regarding a LIT upgrade: If they would do a similar upgrade, they would have to rescan all the original film material, recreate the original cut, do all the necessary editing etc. There were probably way more cameras involved in a live concert recording than a music video shot, so the material they would have to work with is magnitudes more compared to the 4 3-minute videos. At that point the money and time investment is probably not feasible anymore.

Damn I didn’t have this in mind but you’re absolutely right. Rip my dreams. 

8 hours ago, lpplus said:

I already have it...someone from sharemania did an amazing job on LIT....I often don't like upscaled videos but what he did is nothing short of magic

yes thats the only low quality camera and one of those cameras on fans was also kinda bad

thanks for the info. I just got it and also his collision course release. That’s pretty dope!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PizzaPino said:

Guess we still got the LIT upgrade anyway lol. Not 4K but 1080p is still a great upgrade. But makes me think if this is just an upscale?

It's a combination of a slightly better source than the DVD and AI upscaling. In some cases the AI upscaling artifacts are super obvious (for example in fast camera sweeps above the crowd) but the result wouldn't be this good if the source was the original DVD quality.

5 hours ago, Coizu said:

It's a combination of a slightly better source than the DVD and AI upscaling. In some cases the AI upscaling artifacts are super obvious (for example in fast camera sweeps above the crowd) but the result wouldn't be this good if the source was the original DVD quality.

Good to know. It looks really good on a computer.

On 4/7/2023 at 5:13 PM, Coizu said:

Not natural upgrading like how they did with the music videos then? Shame.