"Fighting Myself" to be the next pre-release song from 'Meteora 20'?

LPLStaff

Apple Music has now updated the track time for "Fighting Myself" to 3:21, usually a good indicator that the song will be the next pre-release track off of the upcoming release.

The information is unconfirmed for now, but this has traditionally proven true for Linkin Park's digital releases for upcoming "instant grat" / "pre-release" songs.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Apple Music has now updated the track time for "Fighting Myself" to 3:21, usually a good indicator that the song will be the next pre-release track off of the upcoming release.

The information is unconfirmed for now, but this has traditionally proven true for Linkin Park's digital releases for upcoming "instant grat" / "pre-release" songs.

That's an amazing news!

Wait, does that mean Fighting Myself is not a demo, along with More The Victim? I think i saw an article about these two tracks being 90% nearly done.

Anyway, if that's from Apple Music, did they add that to Spotify yet (like pre-save)?

Edited by AJ93

Not yet on Spotify, it could be just a little early because they JUST released Lost so this probably wouldn't happen for another few weeks. They'd definitely spread them out.

Fighting Myself - updated the wiki with info on it https://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Fighting_Myself

Mike considers it 90% done, so he wouldn't consider it a "fully complete" non-album track, but it is close so that's good enough to release since they did "In the End (Demo)" for HT20.

45 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

That's an amazing news!

Wait, does that mean Fighting Myself is not a demo, along with More The Victim? I think i saw an article about these two tracks being 90% nearly done.

Anyway, if that's from Apple Music, did they add that to Spotify yet (like pre-save)?

Unlike Lost, Fighting Myself was a step below finished, but it's the next most "complete" track with 2 verses and a chorus. According to Mike, "we had the makings of a chorus that was like 90% done, to the listener it's done". More The Victim is another demo, "More the Victim, released in a version that's basically 'the furthest we got with it, in terms of a demo'". 

I did some calculations trying to predict the released date of Fighting Myself using HT20 as a reference:

She Couldn´t release date: 13th of August, 2020

In the End (demo) release date: 1st of October, 2020

HT20 release date: 9th of October, 2020

Time passed between the release of She Couldn´t and HT20: 57 days

In the End (demo) was released 49 days after She Couldn´t. That represents 85.96% of the total time between the release of She Couldn´t and HT20

------------------------------------------------------------

Lost released date: 10th of February, 2023

Meteora20 release date: 7th of April, 2023

Time between the release of Lost and the release date of Meteora20: 56 days

85.96% of 56 days is 48.14, so 48/49 days after Lost. That date is the 30th or 31st of March, wich is a thursday and a friday.

So, if this is correct, the release date of Fighting Myself will probably be the 31st of March

Edit: If Fighting Myself is the next single, we still don´t know that

Edited by jopevc

59 minutes ago, jopevc said:

I did some calculations trying to predict the released date of Fighting Myself using HT20 as a reference:

She Couldn´t release date: 13th of August, 2020

In the End (demo) release date: 1st of October, 2020

HT20 release date: 9th of October, 2020

Time passed between the release of She Couldn´t and HT20: 57 days

In the End (demo) was released 49 days after She Couldn´t. That represents 85.96% of the total time between the release of She Couldn´t and HT20

------------------------------------------------------------

Lost released date: 10th of February, 2023

Meteora20 release date: 7th of April, 2023

Time between the release of Lost and the release date of Meteora20: 56 days

85.96% of 56 days is 48.14, so 48/49 days after Lost. That date is the 30th or 31st of March, wich is a thursday and a friday.

So, if this is correct, the release date of Fighting Myself will probably be the 31st of March

Edit: If Fighting Myself is the next single, we still don´t know that

oh @jopevc did you just used my comparison research that i used in the "exciting news" topic? lol. but good job using my comparision research. but you forgot to compare the One Step Closer release date and Somewhere I Belong release date.

but of course, i did mention about the second upcoming single release date (which i thought it could be an LPU rarities tracks) via "Exciting news" topic. but here's my theory:

March 3 (Friday), March 10 (Friday), March 17 (Friday), March 24 (Friday), or March 31 (Friday)

P.S., let's compare Faint release date and the M|20 second single as well.

Edited by AJ93

I appreciate how much effort was clearly put into that, and I’m not downplaying it at all, but I really doubt Warner will be doing that kind of math.

I don’t think they have a set equation like that to determine when to release promotional singles from upcoming releases.

Not to mention I doubt they would release a promotional single 7 days before the full release.

IF Fighting Myself is released as a single ahead of the boxset, I would honestly guess it would be around mid-March. Maybe a month from now.

Edited by Justin

Kinda surprised they'd release another brand new track and not something like "Faint w demo verses" or something along the lines of In The End. I guess they really wanna keep the momentum going from Lost. Hoping for the best in terms of success for these two tracks

4 hours ago, AJ93 said:

oh @jopevc did you just used my comparison research that i used in the "exciting news" topic? lol. but good job using my comparision research. but you forgot to compare the One Step Closer release date and Somewhere I Belong release date.

but of course, i did mention about the second upcoming single release date (which i thought it could be an LPU rarities tracks) via "Exciting news" topic. but here's my theory:

March 3 (Friday), March 10 (Friday), March 17 (Friday), March 24 (Friday), or March 31 (Friday)

Well, I knew someone did something similar to what I´ve done, but I didn´t remeber it was you or it was that similar. But if I "copied" your job it means you did a good job and I liked it XD. I only compared to HT20 because is the most similar thing to M20

It was weird for me to see that the pre order for M20 started show up in some countries for example on iTunes, while in some other stores appeared in a bit later time, even almost 24 hours later, now I know why. Don't know if you have seen my site yesterday/today, but there are now listed 3 M20 albums. I found out that the streaming platforms/digital stores will have two separate versions of the album, currently the only difference I know is just a different barcode, but that means that the info and audio files have to be delivered to two version of the albums. It is a possible that this another version of it is contrlolled by another branch of Warner. Don't know, I will say maybe.

So, taking into account the similar situation that happened with other albums in the past, the info about the tracks in two different albums (in albums that have two different barcodes) can be delivered at different perioud of time and those two versions can received two different infos.

One of that store is Qobuz it received the album with different barcode. While iTunes and some other stores already received the info about the track "Fighting Myself" the qobuz also received some details about the "More The Victim" track.

Edited by martinez

On 2/12/2023 at 3:55 PM, AJ93 said:

Funny enough, you're right with one of those days. Per the chat box a couple days ago, Martinez said the next song "Fighting Myself" would become available everywhere March 3rd, 2023.

Edited by NJPLP

17 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Funny enough, you're right with one of those days. Per the chat box a couple days ago, Martinez said the next song "Fighting Myself" would become available everywhere March 3rd, 2023.

thank you :)

lets say you (as a musician doing 20th anniversary), you can't release Lost on February 24th (the day SIB was released), so you need to release Lost before you pass the feb 24th. you need to beat that SIB release date.

March 3rd would make sense because no Meteora singles was released on March (well, Lying From You was released as promotional single on March 16, 2004).

Edited by AJ93

18 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

thank you :)

lets say you (as a musician doing 20th anniversary), you can't release Lost on February 24th (the day SIB was released), so you need to release Lost before you pass the feb 24th. you need to beat that SIB release date.

March 3rd would make sense because no Meteora singles was released on March (well, Lying From You was released as promotional single on March 16, 2004).

"Somewhere I Belong" was debuted live on February 23rd, 2003, but it was released as the lead single for Meteora on March 17th, 2003, 7 days before Meteora was released, according to it's Linkinpedia page.

2 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

"Somewhere I Belong" was debuted live on February 23rd, 2003, but it was released as the lead single for Meteora on March 17th, 2003, 7 days before Meteora was released, according to it's Linkinpedia page.

then why Wikipedia said SIB was released on February 24th?

21 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

There's no way the single was released a week before the album. We'll update it.

Edit: Feb 24 is correct. Updated the page.

i knew it. I knew SIB released on Feb 24th. Thank you @LPLStaff :) for making sure that Feb 24th is correct.

Edited by AJ93

Good to know March 3rd was confirmed for “Fighting Myself” to be released. I was wondering why the timestamp showed up in Apple Music. Can’t wait to hear the clean full track without all the talking through it.

Edited by solidss