"Lost" Q+A with Linkin Park on Discord

PeppePark

4 hours ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

Sean Dowdell. 😂

10 dollars per question

3 hours ago, KikiSparkle said:

So we're not going to actually see them?! So someone could just pretend to be Rob?! And Joe and Brad?

No, they can send a picture proof of themselves. 

2 hours ago, KikiSparkle said:

Dumb old lady question.... What's a Discord chat like? Will the guys be on video and we type questions or something similar?

In this instance they have set up a Stage channel. Normal Discord chat channels allow video calls and streaming but its limited to occupancy. A Stage channel can allow many many more people to join in and are more easily managed by moderators and the host. However, it lacks video and streaming currently. It will have audio so you can hear hosts talking.

It also has a "raised hand" option for the audience. So if you have a question the mods will see the icon or list on their end and can bring you on Stage to ask the band.

1 hour ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

Probably they want to use discord to create a 2003 LPU chat experience, there are better options but this is better than nothing!

cant wait for the new info that we will get

that's true. question: will they record the Q&A? i mean like in case any of us couldnt attend the q&a

Edited by AJ93

8 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

One of? This is THE best fan site out there.

Especially when on the other big fan site there are like 20 comments about Lost and most of them are like “I’m curious even tho I don’t like Meteora and I’m not expecting something on ATS level of quality”. 

2 minutes ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

Especially when on the other big fan site there are like 20 comments about Lost and most of them are like “I’m curious even tho I don’t like Meteora and I’m not expecting something on ATS level of quality”. 

Lol. They are noobs. ATS level of quality sucks if I compare it with Meteora. I wonder how many ATS demos were rewritten milion times to get the best versions like we got on Meteora.

17 minutes ago, Hybrider said:

Lol. They are noobs. ATS level of quality sucks if I compare it with Meteora. I wonder how many ATS demos were rewritten milion times to get the best versions like we got on Meteora.

I love ATS honestly, but they treat Meteora like dogshit and ATS like the best album on earth, acting like it’s objective… if you dare say that SIB is really good and, say, you think BITS is a good song but you wouldn’t rank it top 20 in the band’s catalog they roast you like you insulted their mother 

3 hours ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

Lol I saw one comment there that was like "I'm not looking forward to this song specifically but I am interested in the boxset overall."

Like what? It's the first major release by the band in 2.5 years. They're active again, communicating with fans and building hype. They took the time to mix and master one of the most sought after tracks by the fans over the last 20 years. This is a big deal.

6 hours ago, Justin said:

Lol I saw one comment there that was like "I'm not looking forward to this song specifically but I am interested in the boxset overall."

Like what? It's the first major release by the band in 2.5 years. They're active again, communicating with fans and building hype. They took the time to mix and master one of the most sought after tracks by the fans over the last 20 years. This is a big deal.

This is the biggest thing involving LP since the passing of Chester, yeah. The hype is stellar 

14 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

Finally heard Joe say in this QA that they don't particularly care for the spatial audio mixes of old albums. So glad they're not pushing that gimmick personally, it's so dumb

The interesting part about that was also that they seem to not know anything about the Atmos version of Hybrid Theory. But I agree with what he said.

On 2/8/2023 at 6:55 PM, Hybrider said:

Depends on what you consider "quality", the production value and amount of work put on ATS is miles ahead HT and Meteora. One track alone, like "When they come for me" has more audio tracks than 3 or 4 Meteora songs combined. And this wont change, even if you dont like ATS (and thats fine).

"Quality" is not just what you like buddy.

44 minutes ago, Coizu said:

The interesting part about that was also that they seem to not know anything about the Atmos version of Hybrid Theory. But I agree with what he said.

Yes, I have been guessing that for a while. I don't think most of the Atmos releases that came w apples big push are actually blessed by the artists. I've followed CHVRCHES closely and they had nothing to say about their spatial mixes either. It's something only a few artists embrace (and it's cool when they actually want to use it), and otherwise just something Dolby wants to sell and Apple wants to show off as a reason to subscribe to them.