Meteora 20th ?

Hello Soldiers, I'm on my lunch break at work, and the memory came to me that we are less than 1 year away from the meteora turning 20, and I was imagining a birthday box like the HT20th, I would like to create this post so we can say what we can expect, comment what you think, what can come in this box????

What I most expect is that there will be about 4 unreleased shows (1 of these shows the collision course with all the repertoire before jay z takes the stage), live in texas on vinyl, and the demo of "The Wizard song'

and what do you think can come in this box???

Edited by Hybridtheory

1 hour ago, Hybridtheory said:

Hello Soldiers, I'm on my lunch break at work, and the memory came to me that we are less than 1 year away from the meteora turning 20, and I was imagining a birthday box like the HT20th, I would like to create this post so we can say what we can expect, comment what you think, what can come in this box????

What I most expect is that there will be about 4 unreleased shows (1 of these shows the collision course with all the repertoire before jay z takes the stage), live in texas on vinyl, and the demo of "The Wizard song'

and what do you think can come in this box???

Thoughts That Take Away My Pride, Sick ("Don't Stay" Demo), Cuidado ("Lying From You" Demo), A-Six/A.06/A6 (With Vocals), and that Rob Bourdon drum track from that one Meteora LPTV episode are others, besides the Wizard Song, which you mentioned, that I would want to be released on the Meteora box set, if Linkin Park consider doing that, anyway. Heck, they could also release those unreleased Meteora remixes on it's own disc, just like what they did with Reanimation the Hybrid Theory 20 boxset. And if they do that, they might as well even put those same unreleased remixes on vinyl, again just like what they did with Reanimation the Hybrid Theory 20 boxset.

Edited by NJPLP

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

Thoughts That Take Away My Pride, Sick ("Don't Stay" Demo), Cuidado ("Lying From You" Demo), A-Six/A.06/A6 (With Vocals), and that Rob Bourdon drum track from that one Meteora LPTV episode are others, besides the Wizard Song, which you mentioned, that I would want to be released on the Meteora box set, if Linkin Park consider doing that, anyway. Heck, they could also release those unreleased Meteora remixes on it's own disc, just like what they did with Reanimation the Hybrid Theory 20 boxset. And if they do that, they might as well even put those same unreleased remixes on vinyl, again just like what they did with Reanimation the Hybrid Theory 20 boxset.

I believe 100% that the meteroa box will happen.
the LP has so much, so much audio and video material that this should be put out to the fans I really hope a box with more material than the HT was.

I'm really hoping for a Meteora box set because I think it's our best bet to get some of the b-sides from that era that never saw the light of day. Getting some of those unreleased remixes would be cool too. At any rate I don't expect a box set to be as expansive as the Hybrid Theory one just because HT was a much bigger album. I could definitely see them doing a 5-CD set with Meteora, Collision Course, Meteora-Era LPU Tracks, Meteora Single B-Sides and an unreleased tracks CD like the HT box set had. If they do want to do something as big as Hybrid Theory 20 they could add in some DVD's with the behind the scenes documentary and a live show or two and some vinyl pressings of Meteora and Collision Course.

1 hour ago, Wilderness said:

I'm certain he never said this, but I still don't think M20 will happen.

It could have been on the stream where he talks about HT20, I could have sworn he said something like "we dont have something like that planned for any other record" or similar.

I´d be just as happy as the next guy but I just wouldn´t get my hopes up.

Meteora 20th will happen!!!
there is a lot of material to be released, many shows were recorded in 2003 and 2004 and meteora was the second best selling LP album.

all artists are releasing box whether 20th or 30th year.
I think it's more than fair to the fans.
We haven't had anything new since the HT20 and I believe it will be another perfect marketing move assuming the box comes between $199 to $250
I believe 100% that this will happen and I don't think they would let this opportunity pass.

Edited by Hybridtheory

4 hours ago, WISDOMJUSTICELOVE said:

Even tho Mike said they have no plans for M20, i think something will happen because that record was SO big that even nostalgic people who didn't care for albums from ATS on will probably buy it

Thanks that was likely the thing I remebered. But it would be an absolute waste not to do anything of that sort!

I just found it odd that so many people figured it´d be a thing on all albums.

9 hours ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

Our very last chance to get some demos or b sides w vocals from this era it's now or never considering that LP is one of WB's favorite artist for sure it's going to happen

exactly!
seriously, it will be as big as the HT and I venture to say that there may be more things in the box than the HT20.

of course we are just talking here and putting what each one would like to happen
I think that by November or December of this year, we will have some news about this possibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Man ht has like 14x plat or 20 something idk, ofc it justifies a reprint but Meteora? although mike wouldve said no like in 2020 i have a feeling this will be something different i mean the band hasnt released anything since 5 years not even underground, for sure they would release meteora or just say no at the last minute im leaning toward the latter. Anyway i hope ht20 sold enough to justify M20 because there wasnt any remix album, no EP only a trashed industry album before they made meteora, lp is in a jiffy they know the hardcore fans want unreleased songs but they dont release them, not even for ht20 weve only heard like 5-6 new songs others were leaked. For meteora they would have to release alot of new material or just some merch with a 2nd cd like the forgotten demos. Realistically speaking its unlikely, on the other hand its linkin park we're talking about it's been 5 years and You guys did a superb job focusing on demos although the rest of the band dont care except like mike and pheonix i have a feeling this is a topic thats on a razor line with either decision or neither being a pyrrhic choice, scatter home pray for your lawds and hope that the band doesnt have any plans making a new album so they would bust out m20 for 4 new songs to hear

I would be saddened, but not shocked, if the ‘celebration’ consists solely of all LP related socials posting a message like “Come celebrate Meteora’s 20th birthday with brand new merch in the LP store! Use code (whatever) for 20% off your order!”

I would love another boxset, but I think Warner and possibly even LP themselves underestimate demand for these things. Didn’t the band have to basically be talked into doing HT20? Then Warner didn’t even produce enough boxsets at first because they vastly underestimated demand.

If they felt that way about Hybrid Theory, they genuinely may not even be considering a Meteora 20 boxset at this point.

4 hours ago, Justin said:

I would be saddened, but not shocked, if the ‘celebration’ consists solely of all LP related socials posting a message like “Come celebrate Meteora’s 20th birthday with brand new merch in the LP store! Use code (whatever) for 20% off your order!”

I would love another boxset, but I think Warner and possibly even LP themselves underestimate demand for these things. Didn’t the band have to basically be talked into doing HT20? Then Warner didn’t even produce enough boxsets at first because they vastly underestimated demand.

If they felt that way about Hybrid Theory, they genuinely may not even be considering a Meteora 20 boxset at this point.

It’d be awesome to get at least a double CD with the standard album and one with rarities, like they did with the “minor” HT20 edition 

as the HT was underrated and it sold more than they thought, the meteora can do a good number too.

it's disappointing to see that for so many years the fans have always been loyal to linkin park and now the band's own guys I'm sorry for the word " they don't give a shit " to the fans.
and this is very sad I really try to believe that the M20th will happen, I hope that the forums and communities can make noise for this to happen.

17 hours ago, WISDOMJUSTICELOVE said:

It’d be awesome to get at least a double CD with the standard album and one with rarities, like they did with the “minor” HT20 edition 

Yeah, would be down for that. Should happen at the very least. We will be wiser in a couple of months I presume.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello , I was looking at the posts here on the forum about the HT 20th and the rumors started 7 to 8 months before the launch of the HT box set in October/2020. well we are a little more than 8 months away for meteora to complete 20th, as we have nothing new from the LP since then yes I created an expectation to see this happen next year, I know that mike said in April since this year not there was a scheduled release or nothing new from the LP, etc...
however as meteora only completes 20th next year and it's been 3 months since his statement on twitter, things could be happening between the guys and warner.
well, we can maybe somehow make a noise to shake this 20th release of meteora, I know everyone here would like something like:

Meteora reamastered, vinyl Live in texas, meteora, collision course, cd's demos and live shows, dvd's unreleased Concert, book, etc...
I think this should happen all fans deserve this, I hope the LP guys can understand this and somehow we can get it to them for this release.

what do you think?
a hug, peace!

Edited by thigolpbr