Mike Shinoda NFT "Cathedral" and WarpSound Remix

lpliveusername

Mike Shinoda has released a new piece of music as part of his collaborative NFT with graphic designer Luis Nunez (aka MLNDR). The piece, titled "Malandro 176 - Cathedral (Mike Shinoda x MLNDR)", is part of Nunez' Los Malandros collection. The 3D piece features doodles created by Mike Shinoda and uses 56 seconds of 'Cathedral,' a song he created live on Twitch on January 7. Check it out in the link:

https://opensea.io/assets/0x5c973f17b9e8566be97f69eaf7abc521b90d76e4/239

The full song can be heard here:

For those who haven't seen it yet, Mike Shinoda's remix of the "Example Sample" loop by WarpSound was released through the group's official Audius page on January 16th. You can listen to it here:
https://audius.co/warpsound_ai/mike-shinoda-wvrps-"dj-dragoon"-twitch-remix-experiment-11322

WarpSound is a virtual group featuring the characters Nayomi, DJ Dragoon and Gnar Heart. The track Mike remixed is attributed to DJ Dragoon.

In real life, the project was created by Chris McGarry with composer Steve Pardo serving as audio director. All of WarpSound's music is AI-generated.

Mike remixed the track live on Twitch on January 13th following his talk with Xavier Coelho-Kostolny about NFTs on videogames. Unfortunately it was a paid stream and was removed the next day.

DAMN! this project is freaking sick! robots always been a part of LP culture since the beginning. amazing collaboration. Cathedral is a perfect song for this. Regarding WarpSound, the remix is cool. and the artwork reminds me of M.Shadow of Avenged Sevenfold. 😂

thanks for this update dude! really appreciate it. 💯🔥

4 hours ago, DIE4U92 said:

Sounds like Skin to bone and that LPU16 demo with the dark trappy beat  called Dark Crystal 

'Dark Crystal" is one of the best track in LPU16. still remember when the EP released, I imagine LP7 will sound like that. and i still wish they can implemented it for future releases.

53 minutes ago, Stranger said:

'Dark Crystal" is one of the best track in LPU16. still remember when the EP released, I imagine LP7 will sound like that. and i still wish they can implemented it for future releases.

Yeah Dark Crystal is a GREAT demo, love that dark trappy vibe 

On 2/7/2022 at 9:57 AM, KlaytonShinoda said:

I wish he would stop this and release anything similar through a different medium.

I think it's sad that we've reached a point where a new project by Mike only gets responses by 4 different people in 8 days.

Some of the people who have been mainstays of LPL, who have always been here and involved with every LP and LP related project, have stepped back more and more since the NFT stuff started.

59 minutes ago, Justin said:

I think it's sad that we've reached a point where a new project by Mike only gets responses by 4 different people in 8 days.

Some of the people who have been mainstays of LPL, who have always been here and involved with every LP and LP related project, have stepped back more and more since the NFT stuff started.

Yeah it’s sad, I miss the old days (even the PT days) where people like Astat or Peppepark or others were always here discussing stuff etc 

4 hours ago, Justin said:

because it's a minor news. this project ain't the same par/level as ZIGGURATS. well, the forum is only active on the chatbox more rather than replying in a thread.

Personally, I don't care much for single song releases. Especially with Mike who is mostly doing single song stuff these days, I just... have no interest in it. I mean, I've listened to some releases but not anymore. I like bigger projects and am always down for new ones (if they get released officially, won't care for anything NFT-related). But yeah, for the most part I pretty much ignore any new Mike Shinoda news.

5 hours ago, Trumtram said:

Personally, I don't care much for single song releases. Especially with Mike who is mostly doing single song stuff these days, I just... have no interest in it. I mean, I've listened to some releases but not anymore. I like bigger projects and am always down for new ones (if they get released officially, won't care for anything NFT-related). But yeah, for the most part I pretty much ignore any new Mike Shinoda news.

Yeah, I'm tired of small projects going nowhere.

19 hours ago, Justin said:

Two things. People hate NFTs and small projects which this news is about. Also, both tracks were posted on YouTube and for download here at least 3 weeks ago, so people who were interested enough to check them, arleady listened to them few times and they have opinions on them. So this news doesn't offer too much, to bring more people to disscussion.

I haven't listened to WVRPS remix from start to the end yet, mostly because I didn't have to.

Edited by martinez

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say it, but Mike's instrumentals like these have gotten a bit stale for me. His skill is unmatched with the sound, but the sound itself is predictable.

I would love to see him step out of his comfort zone more. Give us something really live and organic. Work with some session musicians besides Dan on drums and give us something with space and room tone that is unrecognizable as a Shinoda track. Something like Three Band Terror or the organic sounds on some MTM tracks would be awesome to me. 

4 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

I hate to say it, but Mike's instrumentals like these have gotten a bit stale for me. His skill is unmatched with the sound, but the sound itself is predictable.

I would love to see him step out of his comfort zone more. Give us something really live and organic. Work with some session musicians besides Dan on drums and give us something with space and room tone that is unrecognizable as a Shinoda track. Something like Three Band Terror or the organic sounds on some MTM tracks would be awesome to me. 

Agree on this.