Mike Shinoda NFT Comments

LPLStaff

19 hours ago, Coizu said:

If a person is promoting and participating in something that I think is morally and ethically wrong, then it will surely affect me and my opinion of this person.
It‘s fine if other people don‘t care but I think it is totally understandable if people have a strong opinion here. 

sorry, but this is plain out wrong by now. He said things like „people think this is bigger than bitcoin“, „prices usually go up after the first mint“, „embrace the fomo“ etc. He is making people afraid of missing out on something. If he hypes up something and then puts a small disclaimer at the end it doesn‘t free him up of all responsibility. 

nahh, he's just encourage people to join the NFT world but not forcing. people keep using the same reason/excuse why NFT is ethically wrong but without proper proof. if you think it is FOMO, that's your problem. he never ask his fans to be FOMO for not participating. i think you're a little bit exaggerated. you hate NFT much until you bring the hatred to everything. how bout you go off the internet for a while and rest since the NFT thing wont stop for a long period from now on. you just have to accept it. 

Funny how the people pissed at Mike are the ones that already didnt really like him at first.

I dont care about NFT's, if he is happy and that means releasing new art and music, then even better.

The life of a VIP is not really gonna affect my mood honestly, people should grow up a bit lol

19 hours ago, Cesar656 said:

Funny how the people pissed at Mike are the ones that already didnt really like him at first.

Yeah, no. It takes about 30 seconds of going through his tweet replies to find LONGTIME members of the community who are vocally against this. Mike's always been my favorite member of the band, and I've stopped listening to all Linkin Park-adjacent projects for the first time in over 20 years solely because him turning into an NFT grifter has left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Mike has always been heavily invested into tech and pushing the envelope in that field. It’s part of the reason why he and the band has been so successful. NFT are w/e to me. I see people even in real estate talking about using nft for deeds/ownership/land/etc. it’s about the $$$ at this point. 

22 minutes ago, FaiNt said:

I see people even in real estate talking about using nft for deeds/ownership/land/etc.

Crypto people talk about it. No one besides crypto enthusiasts see it as a viable solution for ownership proof for example since you need to have a central authority that honors that ownership anyway. Decentralization makes no sense here (like it is with pretty much everything crypto claims to solve). 

I also hate where the discussion is going here. If you dislike something Mike is doing you are suddenly a hater? I was always more interested in what Mike did, went to every possible FM/MS show, watched every single stream for more than one year, etc and now suddenly I am a hater because I have a critical view of what he does? People get on twitter levels of „I have to protect my favorite artist, no matter what“ on here and it‘s embarrassing. 

46 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Crypto people talk about it. No one besides crypto enthusiasts see it as a viable solution for ownership proof for example since you need to have a central authority that honors that ownership anyway. Decentralization makes no sense here (like it is with pretty much everything crypto claims to solve). 

I also hate where the discussion is going here. If you dislike something Mike is doing you are suddenly a hater? I was always more interested in what Mike did, went to every possible FM/MS show, watched every single stream for more than one year, etc and now suddenly I am a hater because I have a critical view of what he does? People get on twitter levels of „I have to protect my favorite artist, no matter what“ on here and it‘s embarrassing. 

It’s because people are emotionally driven - it’s an easy response to something critical.I really dislike this nft driven mike the more I read about this whole saga.  It all feels so corporate slim ball like.  The music just seems an afterthought.

On 1/14/2022 at 5:07 AM, Coizu said:

If a person is promoting and participating in something that I think is morally and ethically wrong, then it will surely affect me and my opinion of this person.
It‘s fine if other people don‘t care but I think it is totally understandable if people have a strong opinion here. 

sorry, but this is plain out wrong by now. He said things like „people think this is bigger than bitcoin“, „prices usually go up after the first mint“, „embrace the fomo“ etc. He is making people afraid of missing out on something. If he hypes up something and then puts a small disclaimer at the end it doesn‘t free him up of all responsibility. 

Definitely understood on the first point.

Did not realize he said any of those things. Have only seen him say to not get into it if you don't know what you're doing or don't know about NFTs. 

On 1/18/2022 at 1:34 AM, Astat said:

Yeah, no. It takes about 30 seconds of going through his tweet replies to find LONGTIME members of the community who are vocally against this. Mike's always been my favorite member of the band, and I've stopped listening to all Linkin Park-adjacent projects for the first time in over 20 years solely because him turning into an NFT grifter has left such a bad taste in my mouth.

WOW.

• 1 year later...

I totally get where you're coming from with the whole crypto thing. It can seem a bit sketchy to rely on a decentralized system for something as important as ownership proof. I mean, who's going to vouch for you if there's no central authority to oversee things, right? But then again, I've heard some pretty convincing arguments about the potential of crypto, and I can't help but feel like there's more to it than just a passing fad. As for the Mike discussion, I feel you there too. It's frustrating when people can't handle a bit of criticism without immediately resorting to name-calling. I mean, it's totally possible to be a fan of someone's work while still being critical of certain aspects of it. Speaking of money, have you heard of this article I read about the strongest money in the world? It helped me to build a great trading strategy that's been really paying off lately. I think it might be worth checking out if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Edited by willieblake

On 1/14/2022 at 5:44 AM, LPLStaff said:

Literally don't care about the NFTs, have not followed it at all. Thought it was so weird Mike sold a 37 second clip of One Hundredth Stream for $36,000 and all of us thought he was selling the actual song in full lol

There isn't any real downside to him doing NFTs for the LP community. He's releasing music and has made everything available musically to everyone that he's sold as NFTs. So why does it matter that much to us? He pissed off the gamer community but that's their problem they have with him about coming up with hypothetical futuristic situations. He preaches all the time about like, "don't get into NFTs if you don't know what you are doing" to the LP fans. In that regard, he isn't being careless about being a "leader" for some folks in that area.

Just don't see it as such a huge deal when he's always been interested in new technology for pretty much the entire history of the band. We don't pay it any attention since we aren't interested. Some people may like it, so that's fine.

Agreed. Who gives a rats ass? Obviously people who spend 70 hours a week online spewing out their bullshit when no one irl would care to listen. Besides it's only a trend, a month from now who cares? 

As long as Mike keeps making Linkin Park it's all good.