My Life On MTV: Linkin Park to Air Tonight

lpliveusername

MTV Music UK just announced Linkin Park will be the theme of tonight's episode of My Life On MTV. The documentary, composed of exclusive footage filmed by MTV over the years, promises to show "the band's highs and unthinkable lows." The series' IMDb page reads: "Each 30-minute episode will tell the stories of two artists who are linked by a common theme - We'll see their first ever appearance on MTV, and all the defining moments through present day."

Today's episode is about Linkin Park and Green Day. It airs tonight at 7pm BST. Watch the teaser here.

Edit:

Extended trailer:

27 minutes ago, mattyice318 said:

I thought the video was really disappointing, not like it could be much more in 11 minutes but they really built up the VMAs to be the biggest thing of all time

I thought it was a little weird how Minutes To Midnight was depicted as a failure because they lost a VMA to Fall Out Boy. lol

Yeah very mid 2000s, something I would have recorded and saw coming back to school more than a decade ago. Yeah lol for the VMA part 😂😂 I mean winning an award is important but MTM debuting #1 in literally every country and selling a million copies in the US in 2 weeks was a thing 😂😂😂

Hey good time skip of like three albums at the end, good job MTV. also cool Emma Stone cameo.

But in all seriousness at least it was entertaining and to be honest there isn't that much you can tell in 11 minutes of video

15 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

I thought it was a little weird how Minutes To Midnight was depicted as a failure because they lost a VMA to Fall Out Boy. lol

The cut from "The winner is Fall Out Boy" to a shot of Chester sitting with his head in his hands made me literally laugh out loud.

As if that was LP's rock bottom, losing a VMA to Fall Out Boy. That was their "unthinkable low".

1 hour ago, Justin said:

The cut from "The winner is Fall Out Boy" to a shot of Chester sitting with his head in his hands made me literally laugh out loud.

As if that was LP's rock bottom, losing a VMA to Fall Out Boy. That was their "unthinkable low".

😂😂 yeah an unthinkable low with meanwhile MTM going platinum everywhere a few months after the release and WID crowned as one of the most successful rock songs of the decade 😂😂😂
The weirdest thing is MTV treats LP like Maroon 5, a band obsessed by success and “oh no our song wasn’t #1 it’s a failure” when they did stuff like ATS and THP that basically were a giant “Don’t give a fuck about mainstream music” lol. If LP were bothered by not winning the award they wouldn’t have done ATS after MTM for sure 

Edited by LPLivesWorstNickname92

49 minutes ago, LPLivesWorstNickname92 said:

😂😂 yeah an unthinkable low with meanwhile MTM going platinum everywhere a few months after the release and WID crowned as one of the most successful rock songs of the decade 😂😂😂
The weirdest thing is MTV treats LP like Maroon 5, a band obsessed by success and “oh no our song wasn’t #1 it’s a failure” when they did stuff like ATS and THP that basically were a giant “Don’t give a fuck about mainstream music” lol. If LP were bothered by not winning the award they wouldn’t have done ATS after MTM for sure 

I mean it is MTV. That's why they acted like appearing on TRL and winning a VMA were the pinnacles of a music career, those are both MTV produced shows.

I guess a lot of artists do think that way, that if they aren't #1 on the charts and all over MTV then they're irrelevant, but LP definitely didn't. They knew they had fans who were willing to go on that journey of different styles with them.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

I mean it is MTV. That's why they acted like appearing on TRL and winning a VMA were the pinnacles of a music career, those are both MTV produced shows.

I guess a lot of artists do think that way, that if they aren't #1 on the charts and all over MTV then they're irrelevant, but LP definitely didn't. They knew they had fans who were willing to go on that journey of different styles with them.

Yeah definitely, the relevancy of the MTV Awards is due to the fact that it’s an MTV product lol. But yeah LP was never that kind of band. The problem with MTV and that kind of media is that they treat every artist the same, as if Katy Perry was bothered for her album to flop the same way LP was bothered by THP not hitting #1. I remember the title “new Linkin park flops and lands #3 on Billboard” 😂. I mean of course artists aim to success, I think there’s no artist that wishes his record to flop lol, but some of them see things differently and take artistry into consideration (like LP not making “some WID shit” working on ATS or not phoning in another LT in 2014). 
As Mike said on that Fantano interview a few months ago, they always tried to balance between commercially appealing stuff and more experimental/risky stuff 

Edited by LPLivesWorstNickname92

On 6/12/2021 at 3:33 PM, LPLivesWorstNickname92 said:

Yeah definitely, the relevancy of the MTV Awards is due to the fact that it’s an MTV product lol. But yeah LP was never that kind of band. The problem with MTV and that kind of media is that they treat every artist the same, as if Katy Perry was bothered for her album to flop the same way LP was bothered by THP not hitting #1. I remember the title “new Linkin park flops and lands #3 on Billboard” 😂. I mean of course artists aim to success, I think there’s no artist that wishes his record to flop lol, but some of them see things differently and take artistry into consideration (like LP not making “some WID shit” working on ATS or not phoning in another LT in 2014). 
As Mike said on that Fantano interview a few months ago, they always tried to balance between commercially appealing stuff and more experimental/risky stuff 

Mike never meant ‘’some What I’ve Done shit’’ in that way. He meant he wasn’t on some What I’ve Done shit because he literally wrote that song in one night after friends of the band felt like Minutes To Midnight was missing one final piece. The band talked about how incredible is was of Mike to do that in the span of a night, they talk about it in the Making Of Minutes To Midnight, the version shown in theaters with the Webster Hall show back in 2007. They’ve also mentioned it elsewhere. He was saying he couldn’t go home and write a massive song in one night because he was talking about how some members of the band felt like they didn’t have a strong choice for the first single. Watch it again and you’ll see what he means. But all other points you’ve made, fully agreed. 

3 hours ago, Yellowstone said:

Mike never meant ‘’some What I’ve Done shit’’ in that way. He meant he wasn’t on some What I’ve Done shit because he literally wrote that song in one night after friends of the band felt like Minutes To Midnight was missing one final piece. The band talked about how incredible is was of Mike to do that in the span of a night, they talk about it in the Making Of Minutes To Midnight, the version shown in theaters with the Webster Hall show back in 2007. They’ve also mentioned it elsewhere. He was saying he couldn’t go home and write a massive song in one night because he was talking about how some members of the band felt like they didn’t have a strong choice for the first single. Watch it again and you’ll see what he means. But all other points you’ve made, fully agreed. 

👌 I thought he meant he didn’t want to write a heavily radio friendly rock song