Grey Daze's "Anything Anything" featured in Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack

Somebodyangry

Big news for Grey Daze fans, the band announced that the re-work of “Anything Anything” will be part of the DC cartoon Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack, coming on June 18th. 

Members of the band will voice some characters too. 

Are we gonna hear "Anything Anything" soon? Is that the "big announcement" coming tomorrow? We’ll see 

UPDATE: the band announced their comic book cover by DC Universe Comics “Dark Nights Death metal” with a limited edition including a 7” Flexi disc of “Anything Anything” in the comic. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CO0ixDkgV40/?igshid=g7wgadbowal4

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

• LPLStaff changed the title to Grey Daze's "Anything Anything" featured in Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack
3 hours ago, martinez said:

It's one of the Chelsea Wolfe song.

I haven't seen the preview, is it a new song by her or something from a previous album?

By the way, for those who don't know, Grey Daze worked on an episode of the series last year. Tyler Bates created a new mix of B12 for it, but it seems the song wasn't used and this version was never released.

7 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I haven't seen the preview, is it a new song by her or something from a previous album?

I guess it is something new because it's scheduled for release. The song is called "Diana"

16 minutes ago, martinez said:

I guess it is something new because it's scheduled for release. The song is called "Diana"

Awesome. Just saw the tracklist. Can't wait!

Looks like they're releasing a limited edition comic with Grey Daze on the cover to go along with the single:

https://www.altpress.com/news/mastodon-dc-comics-dark-nights-death-metal-album/

Pre-order of the Grey Daze vinyl + comic:

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/35116197/grey-daze-anything-anything-dc-dark-nights-death-metal-version

The soundtrack itself will be available in digital, CD and 2-LP formats. Revolver will release two exclusive color vinyls limited to 500 copies each:

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/mastodon-forged-neron-dc-dark-nights-death-metal

Just now, Subs said:

Wonder what todays announcement could be. 

Im thinking new album with anything anything as lead single but who knows. Seems weird timing after yesterdays news

Yeah it’d be weird, and Sean once responded me that the album is coming “end of the year” so announcing the release date today for, say, November would be weird 

41 minutes ago, Subs said:

Damm. 

I was expecting something album related, but as I said the album is coming end of the year so it’s super early to get tracklist/release date info. But I’m glad we’re hearing Anything Anything in a month 

3 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

I was expecting something album related, but as I said the album is coming end of the year so it’s super early to get tracklist/release date info. But I’m glad we’re hearing Anything Anything in a month 

Me too. I just remember WITE dropping in jan and the album was june wasnt it, but it did get delayed due too to covid

14 minutes ago, Subs said:

Me too. I just remember WITE dropping in jan and the album was june wasnt it, but it did get delayed due too to covid

Yeah it was due out April, so if Anything Anything is dropping in June I don’t think the album is coming earlier than October 

Since we already got an idea for what should be on Grey Daze's next remix album, I got an idea for their third remix album. They should remaster their demos, even the unreleased ones. I'm talking about songs like Commit, Come On, My Bluest Day, Smoke Mouth, How Would You Be, The Endless Highway, Piece Of My Mind, Everybody's Falling To Pieces, Beyond Warm, Ryan's Wisdom, Super Star, Old School & Forever.

Edited by NJPLP

3 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Since we already got an idea for what should be on Grey Daze's next remix album, I got an idea for their third remix album. They should remaster their demos, even the unreleased ones. I'm talking about songs like Commit, Come On, My Bluest Day, Smoke Mouth, How Would You Be, The Endless Highway, Piece Of My Mind, Everybody's Falling To Pieces, Beyond Warm, Ryan's Wisdom, Super Star, Old School & Forever.

That would blow my mind away. There’s also that “God is afraid” song that wasn’t even a GD song but a Sean Dowdell and Friends song