Grey Daze's "Anything Anything" featured in Dark Nights: Death Metal Soundtrack

Somebodyangry

3 minutes ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

That would blow my mind away. There’s also that “God is afraid” song that wasn’t even a GD song but a Sean Dowdell and Friends song 

What about Painted Pictures & Kill The Flies?

49 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

What about Painted Pictures & Kill The Flies?

Yeah, in theory there’s material for a 3rd album for sure, the point is if they want to rework these old demos. 
Sean said in an interview that he doesn’t want to revisit bad quality demos, but who knows. 

2 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Since we already got an idea for what should be on Grey Daze's next remix album, I got an idea for their third remix album. They should remaster their demos, even the unreleased ones. I'm talking about songs like Commit, Come On, My Bluest Day, Smoke Mouth, How Would You Be, The Endless Highway, Piece Of My Mind, Everybody's Falling To Pieces, Beyond Warm, Ryan's Wisdom, Super Star, Old School & Forever.

I treat commit as a full on original GD song lol, I love it

The album will be (in no particupar order):

1. Spin

2. Wake Me

3. Starting To Fly

4. Holding You

5. Hole

6. Believe Me

7. Here, Nearby

8. Drag

9. Anything, Anything

10. Saturation

The reason the project started as a remaster of No Sun Today was because the band didn't have the original tapes for Wake Me and the producer of the original albums asked a lot of money for them and they weren't willing (or couldn't afford) to pay. It's the same reason we never got the Real Records album and No Sun Today pre-production tapes which includes Ryan's Wisdom, Super Star and Old School. If I recall correctly, the band doesn't have those either. They were very lucky Jason still had the Wake Me tapes and agreed to let the band use them. What they might have is Come On and Commit.

Unless the band manages to track down the SDAHF master tape (we believe the original rip of Kill The Flies that's floating around came from it, the sound quality is much better than the cassette rip), I don't see them using those songs either. It's also unrealistic to expect them to use songs like The Endless Highway, Everybody's Falling To Pieces, etc. because those were only ever played live. Grey Daze was a small independent band and didn't have money to record that many songs in a proper studio.

Only 24 tracks were registered when the band was working on Amends. 11 from Amends + 10 from the second album makes 21. I believe the number includes the 3 acoustic bonus tracks for Amends, so that would make it 24.

16 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

1. Spin

2. Wake Me

3. Starting To Fly

4. Holding You

5. Hole

6. Believe Me

7. Here, Nearby

8. Drag

9. Anything, Anything

10. Saturation

The reason the project started as a remaster of No Sun Today was because the band didn't have the original tapes for Wake Me and the producer of the original albums asked a lot of money for them and they weren't willing (or couldn't afford) to pay. It's the same reason we never got the Real Records album and No Sun Today pre-production tapes which includes Ryan's Wisdom, Super Star and Old School. If I recall correctly, the band doesn't have those either. They were very lucky Jason still had the Wake Me tapes and agreed to let the band use them. What they might have is Come On and Commit.

Unless the band manages to track down the SDAHF master tape (we believe the original rip of Kill The Flies that's floating around came from it, the sound quality is much better than the cassette rip), I don't see them using those songs either. It's also unlealistic to expect them to use songs like The Endless Highway, Everybody's Falling To Pieces, etc. because those were only ever played live. Grey Daze was a small independent band and didn't have money to record that many songs in a proper studio.

Only 24 tracks were registered when the band was working on Amends. 11 from Amends + 10 from the second album makes 21. I believe the number includes the 3 acoustic bonus tracks for Amends, so that would make it 24.

It makes sense. In fact the band always talked about a 2nd record and MAYBE a third, so the count you made  is definitely correct. 

52 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

1. Spin

2. Wake Me

3. Starting To Fly

4. Holding You

5. Hole

6. Believe Me

7. Here, Nearby

8. Drag

9. Anything, Anything

10. Saturation

Unless the band manages to track down the SDAHF master tape (we believe the original rip of Kill The Flies that's floating around came from it, the sound quality is much better than the cassette rip), I don't see them using those songs either. It's also unlealistic to expect them to use songs like The Endless Highway, Everybody's Falling To Pieces, etc. because those were only ever played live. Grey Daze was a small independent band and didn't have money to record that many songs in a proper studio.

Whats the source of the 24 registered tracks ? Thanks

15 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

1. Spin

2. Wake Me

3. Starting To Fly

4. Holding You

5. Hole

6. Believe Me

7. Here, Nearby

8. Drag

9. Anything, Anything

10. Saturation

Unless the band manages to track down the SDAHF master tape (we believe the original rip of Kill The Flies that's floating around came from it, the sound quality is much better than the cassette rip), I don't see them using those songs either. It's also unrealistic to expect them to use songs like The Endless Highway, Everybody's Falling To Pieces, etc. because those were only ever played live. Grey Daze was a small independent band and didn't have money to record that many songs in a proper studio.

What about the 1994 demos of My Bluest Day and Smoke Mouth? You didn't mention those.

Edited by NJPLP

On 5/20/2021 at 4:25 AM, NJPLP said:

What about the 1994 demos of My Bluest Day and Smoke Mouth? You didn't mention those.

The rip we have is missing parts due to the natural deterioration of the cassette tape. I'm not entirely sure, but I think Sean doesn't have a master tape of this demo since the cassette rip was all we got from them.

10 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

The rip we have is missing parts due to the natural deterioration of the cassette tape. I'm not entirely sure, but I think Sean doesn't have a master tape of this demo since the cassette rip was all we got from them.

He said they’re not reworking “bad quality” demos (paraphrasing him) so I guess you’re right about him not having the master tape and f these demos. 

26 minutes ago, LPLivesWorstNickname92 said:

He said they’re not reworking “bad quality” demos (paraphrasing him) so I guess you’re right about him not having the master tape and f these demos. 

yup they did a wonderful job resorting Chester vocals but they can't do a miracle 

their very old demos are 100% impossible to be used

7 hours ago, JZ-CashGrabDude said:

yup they did a wonderful job resorting Chester vocals but they can't do a miracle 

their very old demos are 100% impossible to be used

Yes man, they can’t make miracles or “add” vocals