Papa Roach #INFEST20 Celebration (featuring Linkin Park)

LPLStaff

At least one member of Linkin Park will join Papa Roach's celebration of their "Infest" album that turns 20 this year. This afternoon at 1pm PST, Papa Roach will go live on YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and VK for an album celebration. They have hinted on social media over the past week that Linkin Park will be joining in some capacity and it seems that is confirmed now with a retweet of the celebration by Phoenix.

Check it out here.

Linkin Park and Papa Roach toured together in 2000 - Linkin Park's fourth tour ever was opening for Papa Roach on their "Master Bay" Tour in December 2000.

56 minutes ago, michalangelo said:

Cool, blocked by WMG in my country 🤣

Seems to be blocked worldwide.

Record labels blocking material on official artist accounts is my favorite illustration of how fucking absurd the music business is these days.

Curious what the WMG claim is for though, considering Papa Roach isn't on WMG.

10 hours ago, Astat said:

Seems to be blocked worldwide.

Record labels blocking material on official artist accounts is my favorite illustration of how fucking absurd the music business is these days.

Curious what the WMG claim is for though, considering Papa Roach isn't on WMG.

I think WMG owns their older albums, and Papa Roach lost right to their old songs when they changed label or something like that. They can play them live, but not use them in materials like this.

On 4/26/2020 at 2:02 PM, bogdan971 said:

I think WMG owns their older albums, and Papa Roach lost right to their old songs when they changed label or something like that. They can play them live, but not use them in materials like this.

I understand that the law is the law, but morally it feels fucked up that artists get can copyright strikes against them for using their own songs in a video because they don’t have the rights to them anymore.

So they would need to ask permission from a corporation if it would be alright for them to use their own song in their own video... so the decision lies not with the songwriter who may have a strong personal and/or emotional attachment to the material, but with a group of people who sees the material not as art, but as numbers. As in dollars and cents.

Again I know it’s a business thing, and they signed a contract, but it still just doesn’t feel right.

Edited by Justin

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 6:10 AM, Justin said:

I understand that the law is the law, but morally it feels fucked up that artists get can copyright strikes against them for using their own songs in a video because they don’t have the rights to them anymore.

So they would need to ask permission from a corporation if it would be alright for them to use their own song in their own video... so the decision lies not with the songwriter who may have a strong personal and/or emotional attachment to the material, but with a group of people who sees the material not as art, but as numbers. As in dollars and cents.

Again I know it’s a business thing, and they signed a contract, but it still just doesn’t feel right.

I totally agree with you that it is a horrible thing to do to an artist, especially to a band like Papa Roach who wrote their music from passion and not just for the money.