Mike Q&A Summary April 15th, 2020

LPLStaff

We're back with another Mike Q&A summary, this time from April 15th!

- "It has been said that Pictureboard has been played one time with Linkin Park. Did it turn into another song?" -> "It did not. It got played back then and then there's a sample in it so we didn't play it anymore so we didn't want to deal with it anymore. So that's the story on that. I don't know if it was played as an intro to another song. Not a record, I'll tell you that much."

- "Have you considered releasing CoronaJams as a fundraiser for COVID-19 relief?" -> "We'll see. I don't know, we'll see. It has occurred to me but I am not making any commitments yet."

- "Does Post Traumatic feel current or does it feel like a representation of where you were at two years ago?" -> "The subject matter feels really far away, thank god. The production does not. The production on it I feel like, I really like what was going on with the production with that. The good news is that those of us going through difficult things, some of you going through difficult things right now, it does get better. Take your mental health seriously."
- "Have you ever thought about selling good quality prints on your store?" -> "I have done it before, it's a good idea, there are none up there right now. Maybe there is a good way to do it for COVID-19 fundraising. There are always these legal hurdles that get in the way of doing that. I'll think about it and try to figure it out."

Mike is going to take the Instagram Live demos we heard (when he was streaming on his phone), bring them into Albeton and work on them soon so we can hear good quality versions.

40 minutes ago, Stranger said:

Edited the "Flute Loop" instrumental from this CoronaJam session.

Dude, thanks so much! How did you do that?...he kept talking xD

Could you make a separate master thread with your edits and post the mp3s, please? :) Maybe name the thread like "Mike Streaming Demos" or "Corona jam demos".

1 hour ago, eyesburning said:

Dude, thanks so much! How did you do that?...he kept talking xD

Could you make a separate master thread with your edits and post the mp3s, please? :) Maybe name the thread like "Mike Streaming Demos" or "Corona jam demos".

I would appreciate it as well 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Kinda confirms to me that the Chester stuff is long gone with Mike.

Dont get me wrong, he misses him and probably think of him all the time. Just seems like hes over it all now, good on him for sorting his mental health, it still feels really raw to me and its been almost 3 years.

1 hour ago, bloodbath said:

It's just me or every time he responds something about pictureboard he does it very rude or agressively? Like it's a taboo topic or something. 

Because people keep asking him about it 24/7.

What would be funny is if they release it this year for the Hybrid Theory 20 anniversary and it really isn't very good, just as he said a decade ago LOL

3 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Because people keep asking him about it 24/7.

What would be funny is if they release it this year for the Hybrid Theory 20 anniversary and it really isn't very good, just as he said a decade ago LOL

That would be so epic.
Imagine we get this 40-seconds bad instrumental track and we all hate it 😂