'Attached' as show outro music 2001

LPLStaff

We've never caught this - ever - until someone caught it on YouTube and left a comment.

Attached from the LPU 15 CD, labeled as being from 2003, goes back to at least early 2001 and likely 2000. The song was used as the show outro music after One Step Closer on the Street Soldiers Tour in early 2001, at least.

You can hear the song at the end of the videos from Pittsburgh (audience) and Las Vegas (webcast).

Mike pretty much alludes to this on the track by track for the demo, saying, "I think the fewest songs we ever wrote for an album, Hybrid Theory not included, would be like 40 or 50, and the most would be easily 150 or more. Some of that stuff is just unlistenable, like you'd listen to it and just be totally bored, it's just loops of stuff, and other stuff we do revisit from one album, if it falls by the wayside, we might bring it into the next album and start playing with it and see if we can salvage it."

It looks like the song started as a Hybrid Theory era demo and then was brought back in for Meteora, where it was also left unused until the LPU demo release.

Well in later LPU years Mike was starting to attribute demos to album years when they were from the album sessions. We all said immediately when Attached came out it would be 2002, not 2003. Almost absolutely nothing was done in 2003 studio wise. Chester wrapped up vocals in January I believe which was like, late as hell anyway. Every Meteora era song would be 2001 or 2002.

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Well in later LPU years Mike was starting to attribute demos to album years when they were from the album sessions. We all said immediately when Attached came out it would be 2002, not 2003. Almost absolutely nothing was done in 2003 studio wise. Chester wrapped up vocals in January I believe which was like, late as hell anyway. Every Meteora era song would be 2001 or 2002.

It was actually wrapped up in December of 2002. Literally no studio time in 2003. Astat confirmed it with Sean Paden years back. But yeah, I know what you mean about Mike slapping dates on them from the album they are  from. I mean Basquiat was in no way from 2007, he just said 2007 because it was from the MTM sessions.

1 hour ago, JamesMaloy said:

It was actually wrapped up in December of 2002. Literally no studio time in 2003. Astat confirmed it with Sean Paden years back. But yeah, I know what you mean about Mike slapping dates on them from the album they are  from. I mean Basquiat was in no way from 2007, he just said 2007 because it was from the MTM sessions.

Your memory's getting quite fuzzy there, Not-Geki. My conversation with Sean regarding "no studio time" was in reference to potential studio overdubs being done on Live in Texas. The band didn't spend any time in the studio between August and November of 2003. It's a well-established fact that Meteora was wrapped in January.

Sean wasn't even working for the band yet at the time you're referring to.

I remember there was one really cool outro song they used that never really got released anywhere else but i can´t really find it anymore. It was maybe even a part of a pro shot or tv broadcast. It would be cool to compile al those small songs somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Robrobbsen said:

I remember there was one really cool outro song they used that never really got released anywhere else but i can´t really find it anymore. It was maybe even a part of a pro shot or tv broadcast. It would be cool to compile al those small songs somewhere.

Rock am Ring 2004? That beat was awesome. 

The fact that we let idiots who claim LPU demos are fake get banned every few months, register multiple accounts, and keep coming back is a fucking joke. Zach Geranios should be nothing more than a name that serves as a punchline to in-community jokes (on par with Haguem Merak or manson666rules) because we collectively decided that he wasn't welcome and ran him off for good. And it should've happened a fucking decade ago.

Edited by Astat