"Live 8" Compilation Re-Released, on Apple Music + TIDAL

lpliveusername

As of May 28th, the "Live 8 (Live, July 2005)" compilation is available on Apple Music with 115 tracks recorded live at a string of benefit concerts that took place all over the world on July 2nd, 2005. The album features much of the same recordings released in 2005 as part of the "Live 8: One Day, One Concert, One World" DVDs, omitting only the Pink Floyd songs. Two Linkin Park songs are present: 'In The End' and 'Numb/Encore' (with Jay-Z). This is the first time 'In The End' from this show is released in audio format. Check it on Apple Music here.

Thanks to martinez for the heads up!

Yeah - I think it launched around the time that Rihanna's ANTI came out. They released it for free download from the TIDAL Store [as well as Desiigner's New English] but haven't pushed it since. It's a shame because it looks like a great service, however I really only stream nowadays unless it's LP related in which I case I buy physicals. 

It's a shame we never got Crawling on any of these Live 8 releases. I actually like the performance of Crawling and if we did have it, that's a full officially released LP show right there from the old days.

Edited by GarretLP

I checked it. You can buy it on iTunes, amazon, google play store, 7digital. On qobuz is now only for streaming, but I think when I checked it earlier it was also for purchase.

Availaable formats/quality:

MP3: 256kbps, 320kbps

M4A: 256kbps, 320kbps

LOSSLESS: FLAC

24-bit/44.1kHz: FLAC

15 minutes ago, erichoholic2k1 said:

Is it just me or do these recordings of "In the End"/"Numb" sound way better than what was released on the LPU CD? Maybe I'm just getting confused at my old age, or did a poor quality rip forever ago when the CD came out?

Probably mixed much better is why. The LPU 5 CD has a really awful mix, not sure who approved that but it's probably the worst mixed thing they've ever released.

Give that show to someone in 2019 to mix it again and reissue it and it's going to sound much better.

Would be a good show to put on a Meteora reissue box set.

4 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Probably mixed much better is why. The LPU 5 CD has a really awful mix, not sure who approved that but it's probably the worst mixed thing they've ever released.

Give that show to someone in 2019 to mix it again and reissue it and it's going to sound much better.

Yeah, having someone re-mix the entire show would be really cool. I’d rather have a full 2003 show released for Meteora but I welcome anything at this point.

On 6/11/2019 at 2:49 PM, ToddWilliamson said:

I also didn't realise that Live 8 has been slowly uploading all the videos over the last few months from the concert in 1080 with no watermarks. In The End has over 1,000,000 views and Numb / Encore has over 6,000,000.

Holy actual hell.

Man apparently these versions aren't truly lossless that they uploaded. Right martinez?

On 6/11/2019 at 11:19 PM, ToddWilliamson said:

I also didn't realise that Live 8 has been slowly uploading all the videos over the last few months from the concert in 1080 with no watermarks. In The End has over 1,000,000 views and Numb / Encore has over 6,000,000.

Youtube or Tidal?!

On 6/10/2019 at 10:33 AM, LPLStaff said:

LPU5 mix tried waaaaaay too hard to emphasize how big the crowd was. It comes off like there's just a constant drone of background noise during the entire thing and it totally blurs the separation of the instruments in a really unpleasant way.