"Much-Too-Easy" By Myself Demo

AmbienT

1 hour ago, kiq fLP said:

With the info gave by Jeff Blue and the knowledgement we had from songs we didn't received, we could mount a tracklist like this:

CD1: Xero
01. Unknown (Xero Demo) - Dave Garett uploaded track
02. Deftest (Xero Demo)
03. Dreamer (Xero Demo)
04. Weight (Xero Demo)
05. Step Up (Xero Demo)
06. Carousel (Xero Demo)
07. Slip (Xero Demo)
08. Pointlism (Xero Demo)

CD2: Hybrid Theory
01. Kids (Dedicated Demo)
02. Flower (She Couldn't Demo)
03. Turn to Grey (1999 Demo)
04. Ashes (1999 Demo)
05. Slip (2000 Demo)
06. Pictureboard (2000 Demo)
07. And One (2000 Demo)
08. Harmonic Song (Pushing Me Away Demo)

Dave Garrett also has 5 other unknown tracks too. He has 12 tracks in total. The other 6, besides the 6 unknown tracks, are Dialate, Deftest, Stick N Move, Rhinestone, Esaul, and Pictureboard.

Edited by NJPLP

On 2/28/2023 at 1:38 PM, Hybrider said:

There is a studio recording of it from 2000. I asked Jeff Blue and he confirmed it.

He said the short version of And One has a studio recording? The version LP played live?

And is it confirmed Harmonic Song is Pushing Me Away?

56 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

He said the short version of And One has a studio recording? The version LP played live?

And is it confirmed Harmonic Song is Pushing Me Away?

Actually LPLive itself confirmed all these info in the Hybrid Origins page, saying that Blue said all this (and a little more) as a side note:

https://lplive.net/interviews/hybridorigins/

I wonder why the "Much Too Easy" By Myself demo was never in circulation. 🤔 

Maybe Jeff Blue has that demo version of the song on one of the Hybrid Theory/Linkin Park demo CDs he has.

Edited by NJPLP

• 4 months later...

Actually, I've known for a while that someone uploaded a longer version of the "Much Too Easy "By Myself"" demo: 

But, I've also discovered something else about the demo from the Mike vocals multitrack. It seems that (almost) the whole track exists, in a way. Here's a couple different amplified versions I made of the Mike vocal multitrack that has the demo (ignore Mike's loud and glitched vocals): https://voca.ro/16hC5pG36v8y

https://vocaroo.com/1jI8fkRNzs0h

If you listen very closely, it sounds like you can hear some backing track of the demo behind Mike's vocals, and if you listen closely during the pre-chorus, you can hear extra Chester vocals from the demo.

16 hours ago, NJPLP said:

If you listen very closely, it sounds like you can hear some backing track of the demo behind Mike's vocals, and if you listen closely during the pre-chorus, you can hear extra Chester vocals from the demo.

Yeah I noticed this awhile back when I was listening to the By Myself Multitrack it's hard to hear cause Mike's Vocals over lap it plus I think you can hear the clicking also slightly also you can hear Mike slightly in Chester's Main Vocal "If I turn my back" 

Edited by RayGun4200

On 8/6/2023 at 9:13 AM, RayGun4200 said:

Yeah I noticed this awhile back when I was listening to the By Myself Multitrack it's hard to hear cause Mike's Vocals over lap it plus I think you can hear the clicking also slightly also you can hear Mike slightly in Chester's Main Vocal "If I turn my back" 

I don't hear Mike in the Chester vocals. I don't know why, but I don't hear him in the vocals track (whichever one it is).

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

I don't hear Mike in the Chester vocals. I don't know why, but I don't hear him in the vocals track (whichever one it is).

It's after "with thoughts of failure sinking in" turn it up really loud and put it up close to your ear It's around 1:16 and 2:03 you can also hear it in the Vocal Double also there's others things you can hear after Chester's Vocals ends most get cut off like milliseconds after and I think you can hear a click or drum or the beat around 1:06 after he sings "It's all too much to take in" 

Edited by RayGun4200

36 minutes ago, RayGun4200 said:

It's after "with thoughts of failure sinking in" turn it up really loud and put it up close to your ear It's around 1:16 and 2:03 you can also hear it in the Vocal Double also there's others things you can hear after Chester's Vocals ends most get cut off like milliseconds after and I think you can hear a click or drum or the beat around 1:06 after he sings "It's all too much to take in" 

I can hear it now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 7:51 PM, kiq fLP said:

With the info gave by Jeff Blue and the knowledgement we had from songs we didn't received, we could mount a tracklist like this:

CD1: Xero
01. Unknown (Xero Demo) - Dave Garett uploaded track
02. Deftest (Xero Demo)
03. Dreamer (Xero Demo)
04. Weight (Xero Demo)
05. Step Up (Xero Demo)
06. Carousel (Xero Demo)
07. Slip (Xero Demo)
08. Pointlism (Xero Demo)

CD2: Hybrid Theory
01. Kids (Dedicated Demo)
02. Flower (She Couldn't Demo)
03. Turn to Grey (1999 Demo)
04. Ashes (1999 Demo)
05. Slip (2000 Demo)
06. Pictureboard (2000 Demo)
07. And One (2000 Demo)
08. Harmonic Song (Pushing Me Away Demo)

Well, if we are to believe Jeff's words, via his Instagram? We'll get everything he has on the band in the coming months. I wouldn't hold my breath, obviously, but there's certainly stakes to his claims and there's always a shot.

19 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

When was the last time he mentioned anything about that? I remember hearing months ago that we'd be getting everything in the coming months and we've so far had nothing.

Possibly not at all? Yeah its been like 5 months and nothing, I wonder if it got shutdown or something since it's been a long while since it was mentioned.

21 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

When was the last time he mentioned anything about that? I remember hearing months ago that we'd be getting everything in the coming months and we've so far had nothing.

2 hours ago, RayGun4200 said:

Possibly not at all? Yeah its been like 5 months and nothing, I wonder if it got shutdown or something since it's been a long while since it was mentioned.

Someone commented on one of his Instagram posts about if he was still going to do it and he replied with this: 

yessss lots projects & family took months but I will finally have time to begin that. Most likely start in few months!

From what Jeff told Sinful Soul (the person who commented), he assuming that it's going to happen before the end of the year or early next year in 2024.

Edited by NJPLP

19 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Someone commented on one of his Instagram posts about if he was still going to do it and he replied with this: 

From what Jeff told Sinful Soul (the person who commented), he assuming that it's going to happen before the end of the year or early next year in 2024.

Ahh I was wrong then pretty surprising tho thats actually good then, we just gotta wait a bit longer its seems.