Linkin Park's Future

hahninator

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geki, I thought you left because you're not a fan? :D
In all seriousness, you're out of your mind man. Your suggestions are awful! (not having a dig, they just seem crazy haha)

Oli is an AWFUL live singer. Unfortunately had too many experiences seeing this... Shadows would forget lyrics all the time - he hardly remembers his own hahaha.

Jon Greene would be good for the clean stuff, though ideally we'd need one person who can do both. Shadows COULD do that, but we need someone who isn't active currently.

I’ve gone back and forth in my mind about replacing Chester so many times. But it’s pretty impossible not to. Mike can’t sing a lot of the Linkin Park stuff, especially the first three albums, as well as some others past that. And plus, Mike does so much on stage that he can’t solely be singing vocals for every song. They need someone to replace Chester but he can’t be someone like John Green. They need someone who can scream and sing very aggressively, as well as sing. There are many vocalists out there that do both well, usually metalcore vocalists. I said Oli Sykes because I like him as a vocalist and I think he truly appreciates LP. Fuck M. Shadows. He said he never even knew Chester and he isn’t even that good IMO. He doesn’t fit the style at all, either, while Oli definitely does. Ryan Key is also good, I don’t know why people don’t like him.

I’ve always listened to Warped Tour style bands since like 2003 outside of LP. That’s why I loved the MTM touring cycle because they toured with a lot of those kinds of bands. So I like a lot of these vocalists and bands. They need someone from that world.

BMTH is kinda big on their own way, I still prefer rotating guest vocalist for each tour... that would honor Chester and no one will take his place...

is there a case of a band that did that? would be great to pick up Corey, M Shadows, Oli etc when they are available that would be very intereresting.

Queen toured with Paul Rodgers and Adam Lambert after Freddy Mercury's death.

Who cares though, it’s not Linkin Park. No other band in the world can be compared to them or how they operate.

I've never met someone with a stick stuck so far up their ass that they are legitimately just oblivious to the world around them.

You're like the spitting image of what everyone thinks (key word - thinks; you can support whoever you wanna support) a Trump supporter is like, but with Linkin Park

I've never met someone with a stick stuck so far up their ass that they are legitimately just oblivious to the world around them.

You're like the spitting image of what everyone thinks (key word - thinks; you can support whoever you wanna support) a Trump supporter is like, but with Linkin Park

I just don't care about what other bands have done. It's not the same. If Linkin Park chooses to continue without replacing Chester, or if they want to continue with replacing Chester, it's strictly up to them, which is obvious. But comparing them to other bands is pointless to me, because they have never been like other bands. There has never been any other band in the world who has been similar to Linkin Park, in terms of not only their music, but the entire ethos of the band and how they operate, even their business side.

I was simply saying what I think the band should do. Obviously they aren't going to do what I post on a Linkin Park fansite. They're going to do what they want to do. At the same time, leftshoe has all the right in the world to say what he thinks, or to compare them to other bands, etc. But it seems pointless to me to compared them to other bands in terms of moving on without their frontman. Some bands didn't move on with a new frontman. Look at Nirvana for example. You can say examples of it all with bands who did or didn't continue on. But it's pointless.

Half the shit that I have posted since Chester died is just trying to get conversations going and what not because the Linkin Park community is so dead. They have like 20 years worth of music to discuss, with thousands of unreleased songs, hundreds of unreleased shows, etc. and yet no one talks about any of it anymore. LPA actually has some decent threads with people still discussing all of that stuff but LPL has none of that.

Edited by Geki