New Steve Aoki Mashup Of ALTNC + DTB

RogueSoul

Steve Aoki was one of the big collaborators with Linkin Park in the last decade that really got them on a grind to work with more artists on their music. 2013 saw the release of their first song together, 'A Light That Never Comes,' that would later be featured on RECHARGED. The artists collaborated again in 2015 for Steve Aoki's last album, Neon Future II, for a song called 'Darker Than Blood.'

As a way of celebrating Chester's life and his music, Aoki is launching a brand new remix entitled 'Darker Than The Light That Never Bleeds (Chester Forever Steve Aoki Remix).' He played it for the first time today on SiriusXM and it will be launching on Apple Music and Spotify worldwide tomorrow (it's currently out in Australia already).

EDIT: The remix is officially out. Listen on Steve Aoki's official YouTube channel. Net proceeds of the remix will go to Music For Relief's One More Light Fund in Chester's name.

Let us know what you think of the mashup! The Aoki songs are a big hit-or-miss here - did this mashup make you like either of the songs more? Keep an eye out on our Twitter and Facebook page for more updates on Linkin Park. No word on whether or not the Japan shows in November are cancelled, but with every passing day it seems more and more likely that they will be happening, so be ready for those.

I gave it a listen. Feels a bit too dancy for this type of tribute to me, but he's an EDM artist and I can see why he wanted to pay Chester respect this way. Overall, I'm glad he did it.

On another note, the name is just weird.

Edited by Mesck547

I really like DTB and ALTNC, but this mix was just meh to me. That said, it's still a nice tribute and gesture. Not my cup of tea, but every little bit counts.

On a side note, I'm still hoping Aoki releases the competed vocal stems for DTB with Chester's final chorus. Perhaps someday.

I never understood why DTB didn't just have Chester's final chorus as the chorus each time in the song. I guess because EDM is supposed to be ''progressive'' and shit. But it should have been like that. If they did release the stems for the song, someone could make it with the final chorus as the chorus the whole song, plus make the song more structured like an old-school LP song.

I never understood why DTB didn't just have Chester's final chorus as the chorus each time in the song. I guess because EDM is supposed to be ''progressive'' and shit. But it should have been like that. If they did release the stems for the song, someone could make it with the final chorus as the chorus the whole song, plus make the song more structured like an old-school LP song.

YES it d have been awesome if the chorus was always as powerful as the last one

A light that never comes is owned by LP / Warner

Darker Than Blood is owned by Steve Aoki / Ultra

I was saying that this little mashup is released by Warner Bros., but it's actually not true. Warner holds only rights of the song, the song itself was not released by Warner but different label.

And this mashup is actually new Linkin Park x Steve Aoki single.

https://s26.postimg.org/ixdv7ajfr/USWB11701603.jpg

EDIT: here's a design for the physical version, which I did for that song.

Edited by martinez

• 2 weeks later...