Is it over with Linkin Park?

I think its too soon guys. I bet we won't hear anything about Linkin Park very very long time. If they decide to do some shows in the future I'd like to see them perform with Corey Taylor or Jonathan Davis.

Edited by mrfox

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its too soon guys. I bet we won't hear anything about Linkin Park very very long time. If they decide to do some shows in the future I'd like to see them perform with Corey Taylor or Jonathan Davis.

I mean if you define a "very very long time" as 3 months then I agree. They still have to announce what's happening with Japan. They didn't cancel those shows and they're still on LP's official website to purchase tickets. If they were absolutely sure that they wanted to put everything to do with LP aside for a while they would have canceled those shows as well when they canceled the North America tour.

I mean if you define a "very very long time" as 3 months then I agree. They still have to announce what's happening with Japan. They didn't cancel those shows and they're still on LP's official website to purchase tickets. If they were absolutely sure that they wanted to put everything to do with LP aside for a while they would have canceled those shows as well when they canceled the North America tour.

That's true. If they would know that they need 2/3 years off then they would have canceled these dates already. They probably gonna cancel these too

Name 3 vocalists that can nail Chester's vocals: (forget a second about Chester's death)

I only can think Jeff Gutt from Dry Cell. He voice used to be similar like Chester but now, he's getting better. Check out his audition when he joined X-Factor.

and this is his recent photo, he shaved for Chester. (Source: https://www.facebook.com/JeffGutt/photos/a.197042457095038.50546.177832955682655/1102968096502465/?type=3)

20245886_1102968096502465_90225409905590

Edited by Stranger

His voice sounds great even if Hallelujah will forever be painful and beautiful at the same time to me now. I can hear that aggression in his voice at some parts that makes me feel like he could theoretically do it.

I just wonder how it would work in the future. If they do choose to find a lead vocalist they need to be alright with bringing him in to the studio, weighing his ideas equally with their's, meeting families, being friends, etc. There's a lot that goes to joining a band beyond anything to do with music, and LP to me has never seemed like the kind of band that would replace a member and keep going. Of course they could just hire a singer to sing what they come up with on their own but that would feel awkward.

I'm torn, honestly. I want them to keep going because I love this band's music and I always will. I just don't know how it will be without Chester.

I only can think Jeff Gutt from Dry Cell. He voice used to be similar like Chester but now, he's getting better. Check out his audition when he joined X-Factor.

and this is his recent photo, he shaved for Chester. (Source: https://www.facebook.com/JeffGutt/photos/a.197042457095038.50546.177832955682655/1102968096502465/?type=3)

20245886_1102968096502465_90225409905590

This is the best option so far... the way he sings Hallelujah and then you listen to his stuff with Dry Cell it's insane... very versatile

Thanks for sharing this dude.. it gave me hope

Back in the day I remember that in p2p programs there were tons of Dry Cell songs labeled as LP songs... this guy can do the job.. but hey all the things that Justin said are very true.. great post man.

Let's be honest if LP continues there's no way that Mike can handle Chester's vocals... Mike is a great singer don't get me wrong but he is the opposite of Chester that's why they had the best chemistry in rock and roll.

Edited by JZE

Do you really think, they will do some Linkin Park shows in this october? Impossible. Mine "very very long" time is something about 5 years.

Do you really think, they will do some Linkin Park shows in this october? Impossible. Mine "very very long" time is something about 5 years.

They can do one later this year, which will become the last one (played as Linkin Park).

That's just ridiculous IMO. A few months is a pretty safe guess for when we'll hear something more definitive about the future of the band.

I don' t want to seem cynical but a 5 men tour labeled as Linkin Park is not impossible, maybe in a couple of years, i mean, short setlist :

Invisible

Iridescent ( band sings Chaz part)

LOATR ( stripped down like The intro in The last tour)

ITE ( crowd sings chorus and bridge as it already does)

AFN ( with band making gang vocals)

Roads Untravelled

COG experience ( Mike can handle it with band gang vocals IMO)

Mike solo medley ( like in The THP world tour)

Burning in The Skies

UIB ( he already played it with FM back in 2015)

WTCFM

Jornada del muerto

I know it s weird but i think it Could work in some ways, even THo The whole thing is so sad :(

Add some Fall-out/ mashup intro and maybe a shortened SFN version and you have a short but OK setlist

Oh and i Forgot HHH, In Between and BIO ( with The crowd singing as it already does)

I don' t want to seem cynical but a 5 men tour labeled as Linkin Park is not impossible, maybe in a couple of years, i mean, short setlist :

Invisible

Iridescent ( band sings Chaz part)

LOATR ( stripped down like The intro in The last tour)

ITE ( crowd sings chorus and bridge as it already does)

AFN ( with band making gang vocals)

Roads Untravelled

COG experience ( Mike can handle it with band gang vocals IMO)

Mike solo medley ( like in The THP world tour)

Burning in The Skies

UIB ( he already played it with FM back in 2015)

WTCFM

Jornada del muerto

I know it s weird but i think it Could work in some ways, even THo The whole thing is so sad :(

Add some Fall-out/ mashup intro and maybe a shortened SFN version and you have a short but OK setlist

Oh and i Forgot HHH, In Between and BIO ( with The crowd singing as it already does)

A lot of people would think that this is a disgrace and brings bad light to the band for not respecting Chester.

But to be honest. Me as a fan would be already happy if they perform. Whether it is a 25 song set or a 16 song set. They can't allow themselves to now get under the rock and don't speak to their fans (Besids from their social media).

Now that Chester is sadly gone, all of us fans would scream his parts even louder.

Again, it is not up to me what they do but I really wanna see them continue and whatever way. No matter how long their break might be.

Chester would never want them to stop, so how could it be a disrespect to his memory if they continue? Whether it's as a 5 piece band or with a new vocalist, I don't see it as a disrespect, it's not their fault that things happened this way and I'm sure they are shattered but it wouldn't bother me at all if they choose to keep under the Linkin Park name.

I'm pretty torn up about this. I don't know what to think right now. I don't think they'll get another vocalist, nobody could ever fill Chester's shoes. Besides that, I don't think the guys will be comfortable sharing the stage with another member that isn't him.

A part of me feels like LP can't exist without Chester. But I do feel like he would've wanted the guys to keep making music together. If it was up to me, I would use the material they have in the vault to release another album with Chester's vocals as a tribute to him, then retire the LP name and have the 5 remaining members carry on as a band under a different name.

However, I would support the guys regardless of the choice they end up making.

Edited by Mesck547

I agree with Jeff Gutt as a potential new vocalist.

Michael Barnes of RED is also a good choice. His voice also sounds similar to Chester. He can scream and sing. He can do both soft and heavy songs. You can definitely hear Linkin Park influences on RED's first few albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQjOK3e5sCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OUHoFAziyU

Edited by theATShipster

I agree with Jeff Gutt as a potential new vocalist.

Michael Barnes of RED is also a good choice. His voice also sounds similar to Chester. He can scream and sing. He can do both soft and heavy songs. You can definitely hear Linkin Park influences on RED's first few albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQjOK3e5sCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OUHoFAziyU

I LOVE RED, but Barnes is a horrible choice. He's a pretty bad live singer (but a great album singer). LP would need someone who can bring it in live shows.

To be honest, if they choose someone, they probably take a singer who they know and friends with. Aaron from Of M&M is someone who can do both. I mean you cannot replace Chester 100% but he is a good one and already played LOATR with the band back in 2014!

Jeff Gutt is available that's another point in his favor.. I don't think thst someone like Oly would leave his band.. Or belong to both bands wr all know what happened when Chester tried to do STP/LP

That's a good point, but remember there's also Corey Taylor in Stone Sour and Slipknot and that's working out. Also LP said a while ago that they already wanted to tour way less since the members all have their own families now and wanted to spend more time with them. So it's possible, if this is a route they ever consider taking.

Just going to throw some names out there... smaller names.

Brandon Bolmer, a personal friend of mine. Former singer of Chiodos. Amazing cleans. Can hit high notes. Can hit low notes. Can scream his ass off, and sound good doing it. Amazing stage presence. Also, pretty young. Can handle long-ish sets full of heavy music. Produces his own music so he could have amazing input on future music. Can bring something new and clean to the table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec9j2OwZmbA

Jordan Radvansky, Vocals for Sepharim. Small band. The singer. My goodness. Young. A powerhouse. Nice screams. Can handle LP heaviness. Now... the clean vocal. Listen to him. I can't even begin to tell you how beautiful this fucking voice is. Seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEs7-eF0uBs

Edited by Legend