2017.06.18 - Clisson, FR - Hellfest

I love the studio version, but it never had the same impact live. They struggled a lot with it, and the Experience version just translates so much better. I do miss the ATS interludes, but I can live with their absence if it means we get a "MTM-era Points" style outro.

The 2015 ones I saw in Orlando and Nashville were A+. ROTR doesn't count because that whole show was so fucked without Brad, truly awful. Really a big fan of the song, wish they'd play it more honestly. Huge energy from Chester too.

Maybe the screams, but his voice has changed in a way that just doesn't fit the song anymore. No vocal control and his voice sounds too deep as if he's forcing himself to try to hit the song at the proper key. Of course, it's all due to his past substance abuse, aging, etc, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it just doesn't have the appeal he once had on the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FDtVO8753w

Probably the last time he performed this song well. Second chorus was great.

I think the time is coming for them to tune down their instruments and play a step lower live or it will be really hard to keep Chester's voice healthy for long.

Hell, just tune everything from MTM onwards down half a step like HT/Meteora. Chester didn't REALLY start straining his voice until stuff like Given Up came out anyway.

RTN outro to Invisible sounds like Mike just momentarily forgot WFTE wasn't in the setlist, lol.

Hell, just tune everything from MTM onwards down half a step like HT/Meteora. Chester didn't REALLY start straining his voice until stuff like Given Up came out anyway.

RTN outro to Invisible sounds like Mike just momentarily forgot WFTE wasn't in the setlist, lol.

I'd believe it if he did the first verse and then chorus but he started with the chorus. But I can't be sure, I mean you are just as possibly right as me lol. I'll have to see with the next 6 shows (all festivals).

I'd believe it if he did the first verse and then chorus but he started with the chorus. But I can't be sure, I mean you are just as possibly right as me lol. I'll have to see with the next 6 shows (all festivals).

Not sure what you mean, he always starts with the chorus. Started in exactly the same spot and same way he always does when the Invisible > RTN > WFTE transition happens, he just stopped after one repeat of the chorus, right about at the point where the RTN/WFTE mashup instrumental would normally start to come in.

Yeah that would both help and be very convenient for them. It's not a big deal, people age and it's ok. If I'm not wrong, Metallica records albums in standard and then play everything tuned down live.