"Welcome to Blinkin Park" Shows Announced

RogueSoul

The rumors were true! Linkin Park and Blink-182 will be performing together this summer! Along with Wu-Tang Clan and Machine Gun Kelly the whole event is coming to the northeast for two shows. The dates were announced via Funny or Die, who has a promotional video featuring both LP and Blink.

All bands will perform at these dates:

2017.07.28 Citi Field - Flushing, New York
2017.07.30 Hersheypark Stadium - Hershey, Pennsylvania

These shows come after rumors of Blink-182 and Linkin Park performing an entire tour together. Linkin Park's One More Light North American Tour was just announced yesterday with One OK Rock and Machine Gun Kelly opening shows, but there was a distinct lack of Blink in there. The stage is now set.

These are going to be some pretty crazy shows. For one - Linkin Park is playing in U.S. stadiums. That's been long overdue. These shows are being playing at absolutely huge venues, so you won't want to miss out on them if you can go. What we're seeing here is basically a stripped down Projekt Revolution taken to some huge venues. Another thing that's overdue: playing with Blink-182. Members of Blink have joined the band over the past few years, almost like a tease. Travis Barker joined up with the band in 2014 for the Concert For The Philippines when he played drums on 'Bleed It Out,' and also joined Mike, Chester, and Steve Aoki for a performance of 'A Light That Never Comes' in 2013. At the last show of The Hunting Party tour, the Relief! Live event, Mark Hoppus played bass on 'Numb' with the band. Perhaps now we'll see that all come to the big stage.

Check out Travis Barker duke it out on the drums with Rob during the bridge of 'Bleed It Out.' Who won this battle? It'd be great to see that happen live in these stadiums.

Who's going to go? Linkin Park's summer North American tour is already looking pretty massive so we're not sure if the band will return again for a couple of years, let alone do something of this size, so make sure you don't miss your shot. If you can't go, be sure to check out the other tour dates announced to see if the band will be coming to a stop near you. Follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for updates.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

I'm going to be in NY about two weeks after they play there, and Blink is one of my favorite bands other than LP... This could've been my chance to see both bands live for the first time.

Still great to see they're playing stadium shows though.

That Funny or Die thing is so funny XD

:D Absolutely!! Almost the best since years :D

Hershey and Camden are so next to each other :o Only 2 hours away^^ I thought that they will play maybe in Pittsburgh

I put Hershey, Uncasville and Oklahoma City as for the make up shows because those are really non traditional markets for LP to play in the summer. We had a staff discussion on it but we're up to go either way - normal show or "rescheduled". LP rarely "reschedules" a show officially, but we typically put the next show in the city after a canceled show as blue. What do you think? They canceled Hershey and Uncasville, along with Rocklahoma. I don't see them playing those cities at all if that canceled 2015 tour had been successfully completed. We did the same for Switzerland 2008 -> 2009, for example. The difference here is that there was an entire year off.

Thoughts?

Yeah I think that is totally right, but what I mean that this special concert or day-festival name "Welcome to Blinkin Park" should be written black because the other bands were not rescheduled.
Same with Oklahoma City. They will play there but it is not the festival from 2015.

For example if LP would play at Rock im Park in Nuremberg and the show was cancelled and a half year later they would play in Nuremberg again it would be a rescheduled show but not a rescheduled festival^^

Does anyone understand me? :P

Edited by marzo23

Yeah that's a good point. I don't think we can separate it and have just blue for Hershey, PA but not blue for the name. I'll see what we can do. This is another "first" for this touring cycle....along with many others (the stripped down performances, etc) so it takes us a little bit of time to figure out how to handle certain things lol

Yeah that's a good point. I don't think we can separate it and have just blue for Hershey, PA but not blue for the name. I'll see what we can do. This is another "first" for this touring cycle....along with many others (the stripped down performances, etc) so it takes us a little bit of time to figure out how to handle certain things lol

We can only appreciate LPL's effort.

Back to the topic. At first I was suprised why they chose this large venue. LP is known for big venues in Europe, Asia or South America. After they announced all the bands, it is definitely a stripped down Project Rev. Without Blink, MGK and Wu.Tang Clan I do not see them filling those stadiums.

Wow Wu Tang Clan.

Why couldn't they get these acts all together for a stadium tour?

I agree with this! I'm guessing the other acts are busy during some of the tour because LP+Blink+Wu-Tang+MGK would be a really cool Stadium tour!

This also makes me wonder when they will announce the Support for the October shows. I'm hoping it's a rock band and if it is a rapper, I hope it's one I like.

Really hope Blink-182 will jump on the October shows but I'm doubtful.

Is LP big enough in the US to sell a decent amount of tickets for these stadium shows?

That's why they announced all these supporting acts. I do not think that LP and Blink could do this on their own. With all the bands a lot of people will be interested to go.

And another reason is that there are only two shows with that line up! If they would tour around the USA with 20-25 shows it would be difficult to sold out

Edited by marzo23