Linkin Park x Blink 182

hahninator

Something about this feels a bit off. Feels like LP has been organizing this tour for a long time for the Blink rumor to just come about now. I think we would've heard about this earlier had this tour been more... noteworthy? Maybe that means they only play a few shows with Blink? Maybe I'm just being overcritical :P

Something about this feels a bit off. Feels like LP has been organizing this tour for a long time for the Blink rumor to just come about now. I think we would've heard about this earlier had this tour been more... noteworthy? Maybe that means they only play a few shows with Blink? Maybe I'm just being overcritical :P

Wll think to past tours. I do not remember a 30STM rumor or an Incubus rumor circulating around before it was announced. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm actually surprised we got a rumor this time around.

Also, Derek usually doesn't post information unless he knows it to be true, so I think whoever he has been in contact with has reliable sources.

Are dates being announced this week or that same week?

Sadly I don't know and don't have any information on when dates will be released. LP typically announces dates and does an LPU presale the day after. I'll let you know if any info leaks from Blink fans or radio stations. We will have tour dates before the album is released is all I know, which is what LP always does for album releases so that's a safe assumption. And that's on May 19th.

By the looks of it, Blink plays August 12th in Denver, which is after their UK run. And they play Knoxville on September 13th, which sets them up for Music Midtown Atlanta just after that (rumored) like Sept 16/17. This could be a very short run for LP/Blink potentially, maybe just three weeks.

LP did 18 shows in 4 weeks with Incubus in 2012. This could very likely be the same sort of thing. We will see.

Sadly I don't know and don't have any information on when dates will be released. LP typically announces dates and does a presale the day after. I'll let you know if any info leaks. We will have dates before the album is released is all I know. And that's on May 19th.

By the looks of it, Blink plays August 12th in Denver, which is after their UK run. And they play Knoxville on September 13th, which sets them up for Music Midtown Atlanta just after that (rumored) like Sept 16/17. This could be a very short run for LP/Blink potentially, maybe just three weeks.

Why would LP do a short tour with Blink? US did not have a proper tour since 2014. It is time for LP to do a large US tour. You can proof me wrong but that does not make any sense for me.

Why would LP do a short tour with Blink? US did not have a proper tour since 2014. It is time for LP to do a large US tour. You can proof me wrong but that does not make any sense for me.

I think the issue here is that Blink's dates don't seem to allow for a large tour window. Seems to me like the US dates might get broken into small amphitheater run (a la Honda Civic) and then a winter arena tour to hit the remaining markets.

I'm also working on a doc to see what venues they might hit and when. PM me if you want to look/add to it.

It also could be that the three US shows of Blink182 are off-days of the tour with LP or LP will have another support act for that days like Metallica will do at their US summer tour or the third option is that LP will be also added to the line ups of those three festivals and the fourth option is that they start after those three shows and the last option ( :P ) is that they will play 2 weeks before that together, one week off and than another 3 weeks together. We will see :)

Sadly I don't know and don't have any information on when dates will be released. LP typically announces dates and does an LPU presale the day after. I'll let you know if any info leaks from Blink fans or radio stations. We will have tour dates before the album is released is all I know, which is what LP always does for album releases so that's a safe assumption. And that's on May 19th.

LP did 18 shows in 4 weeks with Incubus in 2012. This could very likely be the same sort of thing. We will see.

Hmmm, thank you for the response! I am buying Kendrick Lamar tickets on Friday which is why I'm wondering. Need to make sure they aren't on the same day. Kendrick's show is August 1st so I expect I'm good was just curious.

Also just anxious to see if this tour comes to Seattle! My friend really wants to see Linkin Park so I'm banking on them coming close by

Came here to say that Blink-182 is playing Life is Beautiful fest September 22nd.

But someone already beat me xD

Could be an off day or could be after the LP tour. LP tour could just be lats August- early September.

Blink-182s current tour which is in B-cities ends May 9th

I wonder if that affects announcement at all?

I'm now guessing next week it will be announced but it could be announced the week after that.

I think they have to announce their tour before the album is out. Many of the hardcore fans will think twice about 80-100 dollars tickets if they dont like the new album at all

Blink-182 also has their "new" album coming out May 19th so you could say the same for both parties.

I think they have to announce their tour before the album is out. Many of the hardcore fans will think twice about 80-100 dollars tickets if they dont like the new album at all

I don't know why they would, since LP plays for like an hour and a half, and even if LP plays 5 new songs that means 75+ minutes of older material. Hardcore fans would know that since Mike already said they aren't sacrificing older songs for new ones.

Could be that Blink isn't on the whole tour or something. The source checks out as he has insiders in the Blink camp, so whatever Blink is doing it involves LP for at least a few shows - no doubt about that. You might be on the money when you say it isn't a whole tour....very interesting.

Could they be doing a few shows with Blink and maybe a few shows with Fall Out Boy? Mike mentioning that on Twitter was interesting. What type of..."tour" is LP putting together here?

It isn't unprecedented for them to have bands only on board for part of a tour. The U.S. arena tour for ATS immediately comes to mind, and it happened with some of the second stage bands during the Projekt Revolution days too.