2017.04.06 - Berlin, Germany - ECHO Awards

The big finale to Linkin Park's European promo is here. The entire band and Kiiara are performing 'Heavy' at the ECHO Awards in Berlin, Germany!

Mike and Chester have been in Europe for almost two weeks now doing promotional shows in a few cities. They hit four places on their trip: Amsterdam, Paris, London, and Hamburg. On this trip, they performed a few acoustic tracks (including the live debut of 'Battle Symphony') and announced a few headlining shows along the way.

Mike and Chester debuted 'Battle Symphony' in Paris, France, where they played a piano version of the track.

This trip is coming to an end now, this time with the entire band. All six members of Linkin Park (+ Kiiara) are in Germany right now ready for to perform 'Heavy'. This will be the second full band performance of the cycle, and the second time the full band version of 'Heavy' is performed. 'Heavy' has been played as its piano version many more times than its studio version, so it'll be good to hear all the band members performing again.

Linkin Park and Kiiara performed 'Heavy' at The Late Late Show With James Corden back in February. This is the only other full band performance of the song so far!

The awards ceremony will start at 8:15 PM CEST, but the song performance will air tomorrow on the 7th.

Linkin Park will begin touring on May 6 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. We have one month - mark your calendars. Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

Well, all in all good performance, but...the introduction was bad! Nothing about the new album, the single, the "new style". Actually he forgot to say "feat. Kiiara". As a German it was kind of embarrassing for me.

Well, all in all good performance, but...the introduction was bad! Nothing about the new album, the single, the "new style". Actually he forgot to say "feat. Kiiara". As a German it was kind of embarrassing for me.

The whole show was embarrassing and awful.

The whole show was embarrassing and awful.

as always, haha! :D

I only watched it once when Rammstein played as backing band for Marilyn Manson, and this was featured at the very end too, so I had to go through all the boring and acted blah blah as well.

I prefer the Corden performance but it's not bad. I certainly hear more guitar and other elements of the song in this one. Vocally I think Chester and Kiiara have more emotion in the Corden one versus this one.

1. Is Kiiara even wearing pants?

2. Joe went all Rock am Ring 2001 on this DJ rig here...simplistic as it gets

I'm surprised they haven't booked up Kimmel, SNL, etc (a bunch of morning shows) to play the song.

I'm surprised they haven't booked up Kimmel, SNL, etc (a bunch of morning shows) to play the song.

I think they'll do that closer to the album release date.

Chester sounds great here. He really outshined Kiiara.

what´s up at 1:42 ? camera man came up at left stairs... and at 1:43 he is disappeared? bad cut :(

Not to mention Chester teleports halfway down the runway from one shot to the next. They clearly did multiple takes.

what´s up at 1:42 ? camera man came up at left stairs... and at 1:43 he is disappeared? bad cut :(

The camera perspective from 1:43 (on the stage) is the same camera man you see at 1:42, who comes up the left stairs.

Edited by LinkInThePark

The camera perspective from 1:43 (on the stage) is the same camera man you see at 1:42, who comes up the left stairs.

This, also where does Chester 'teleport' ? You can clearly see him walking downstairs in the shot on 1:42, and then from the camera on stage.

Yep, nothing wrong with editing and nothing that implies multiple takes. Just a confusing angle from one of the cameras.

Yeah, after watching it again I see it. In the wide angle shot, it totally looks like that camera is coming up the stairs that are closer to the stage that you can see in the second shot. Just seems off because of the lack of depth perception from the first angle.