Meteora

lpfan12

• 4 months later...

Would love to hear those Meteora remix's/demos one day. It's the album that got me into the band and because of that, it means so much to me.

Same here. I really want to hear that ''Thoughts That Take Away My Pride'' song a lot, especially now. And I'd also love to hear any other Meteora demos that they have. The Meteora remixes would also be epic, if they were indeed real. Has it ever been confirmed by the band if they're real or not? I think Linkin Park should empty the vaults to us of the early Linkin Park albums demos, from 1997-2008. That's my dream.

I tend to go back and forth over which album I prefer between Hybrid Theory and Meteora. They have a similar sound and pull from the same well, but Meteora does feel like an evolution on the foundation built by Hybrid Theory. I really couldn't picture a song like Nobody's Listening on Hybrid Theory.

I wonder if LP will ever do deluxe reissues. They probably won't consider anything like that for a long time.

I tend to go back and forth over which album I prefer between Hybrid Theory and Meteora. They have a similar sound and pull from the same well, but Meteora does feel like an evolution on the foundation built by Hybrid Theory. I really couldn't picture a song like Nobody's Listening on Hybrid Theory.

I wonder if LP will ever do deluxe reissues. They probably won't consider anything like that for a long time.

I agree. Meteora does have a few songs that seem like an evolution. Easier To Run, Breaking The Habit and Numb all feel like the direction of Minutes To Midnight, and Nobody's Listening is very experimental, like you pointed out, it wouldn't have fit on Hybrid Theory. The rest of the songs could have, but I love that sound.

People always say that Minutes To Midnight was the big change for the band, but I don't 100% feel that way. Minutes To Midnight seemed like a natural progression of Meteora in some ways, just not the nu-metal elements as much. Songs like Breaking The Habit, Numb, Easier To Run, etc. Don't forget, Minutes To Midnight had some hard rock songs like Given Up, Bleed It Out, What I've Done, No More Sorrow, Qwerty, etc. Yes, it was far more experimental, but it wasn't something like you'd never guess it was Linkin Park. A Thousand Suns was the real game changer, IMO, because that was so out of their comfort zone in every way.

Edited by Geki

Same here. I really want to hear that ''Thoughts That Take Away My Pride'' song a lot, especially now. And I'd also love to hear any other Meteora demos that they have. The Meteora remixes would also be epic, if they were indeed real. Has it ever been confirmed by the band if they're real or not? I think Linkin Park should empty the vaults to us of the early Linkin Park albums demos, from 1997-2008. That's my dream.

Yes! And the "Just drag it out" song. And that sick instrumental that was never released. So much good content from that era.

Yes! And the "Just drag it out" song. And that sick instrumental that was never released. So much good content from that era.

"Just drag it out" was ultimately confirmed to have been part of a discarded attempt at putting vocals on A-Six.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree. Meteora does have a few songs that seem like an evolution. Easier To Run, Breaking The Habit and Numb all feel like the direction of Minutes To Midnight, and Nobody's Listening is very experimental, like you pointed out, it wouldn't have fit on Hybrid Theory. The rest of the songs could have, but I love that sound.

I feel like BTH points more towards ATS, with the dreamy strings, the electronic glitches and stuff, but ETR and Numb do feel like perfect bridges between HT and MTM