Summary: LPU 16 & New Album Facebook Livestream

RogueSoul

The irony is killing me.

Super-excited about hearing recent stuff, even if it gives no indication of the new album's direction. Bleed It Out I'm a little excited for I guess.

I've actually said that I prefer anything by Linkin Park over side projects, etc. so even if I don't absolutely love all of the LPU tracks, I still like to have it. Not really ironic at all.

It's highly unlikely that the 2015 demos will bare any similarities as to what the record will sound like, but that may also serve as an indication as to what the album MIGHT sound like, assuming that the tracks are different from what we're ending up with. Kinda wish we got some of those early-THP pop demos from 2013.

Also, you guys are MASSIVELY jumping to conclusions by expecting that the 2014/2015 demos included will be demos of tracks that are actually going to be on the album.

Welcome back. It doesn't say that anywhere in his post, you're making an assumption. It says from the album sessions.

Lockjaw can count too, right?

Lockjaw was essentially just a demo track for the new (at the time) MIDI capabilities of Pro Tools 8. It was in that short promo video first, then the song was released on LPU a little later.

Welcome back. It doesn't say that anywhere in his post, you're making an assumption. It says from the album sessions.

Don't get used to it. ;)

You forget how to Internet there, bud? "You guys?" Plural? As in POSTS OTHER THAN THE ONE I ONLY QUOTED IN REFERENCE TO ONE SPECIFIC, COMPLETELY UNRELATED THING? Sheesh, you're exhibiting the logic of a certain President-elect that I know you voted for.

Hell yeah. They wouldn't do that though if the songs didn't completely change so it will be interesting to compare the demos to their final versions on the album. Looking forward to this Bleed It Out demo too. This LPU is gonna kick ass.

The best part of the new LPU album is that we will finally know the direction of the new album, that's the biggest piece of information to me.

Edited by Astat

I'm not sure why people would ever think that these 2015 demos will be any indication of what the new album sounds like. The thought didn't even cross my mind when I heard we were getting some 2015 demos from the new album sessions. First off, it's highly unlikely that they would give us early versions of songs that will be on the record, keep in mind that this is Linkin Park after all. Secondly, there have been MTM demos that sounded literally nothing like anything on MTM, demos from ATS that sounded nothing like ATS, etc. Meteora, etc. Does Bunker sound like the music on MTM? Does Blanka sound like the music on ATS? Does Hemispheres sound like LT? Does Grr sound like HT? Does Halo sound like Meteora? I mean they all have a Linkin Park sound to them, but what I'm getting at is that they create a shit ton of music over the course of an album cycle that can all be very different sounding songs. And we basically already know what the album will sound like. Emotional lyrics, personal lyrics, strong vocal performances, focusing on the songwriting, etc.

Edited by Geki

I've actually said that I prefer anything by Linkin Park over side projects, etc. so even if I don't absolutely love all of the LPU tracks, I still like to have it. Not really ironic at all.

I get yelled at whenever I argue so I'm just not even gonna and keep chuckling.

I get yelled at whenever I argue so I'm just not even gonna and keep chuckling.

I'm not even trying to argue at all. You can have your opinion, obviously. There really hasn't been much to talk about in terms of LP this entire year so far (and basically half of 2015 as well) and I've just been trying to get discussions and people talking about the band again on here because it seems like literally no one is talking about the band anywhere. I've been a LP fan since before MTM even came out and I've seen ''downtimes'' in between albums but this one just really seems worse, because at least back then, people still talked about the band, etc. There is an entire discography to talk about and discuss, just because something has already been released doesn't mean it's not worthy of discussion. And I change my mind on things over the course of time. A song that I loved 8 years ago might not be as well received by me today. Remember when Mike once said that he thinks people go through phases with music in their lifetime? You've never heard a song one time and thought it was good and then listened to it again some time after and didn't love it like you did?

Edited by Geki

Although they said it didn't matter, I can't help feeling curious about genre. It's surely gonna be different from The hunting party, where the songs were usually crafted from guitar riffs, and this time they spent much more time on vocals, keyboards and drums, while the guitars came quite late in the process.

Edited by Kilmer

Although they said it didn't matter, I can't help feeling curious about genre. It's surely gonna be different from The hunting party, where the songs where usually crafted from guitar riffs, and this time they spent much more time on vocals, keyboards and drums, while the guitars came quite late in the process.

I'm honestly thinking the sound will be similar to a mix of MALL and ATS, while the lyrics (obviously) will be personal to the band, since that's the only for sure thing that we know at this time. But yeah, I think the sound will be kind of like the MALL soundtrack and some of ATS. Maybe a little bit stripped down, like MTM in some ways, idk. That's my guess.

About the lyrics...

Sometimes we don't think about how hard it's for an artist to write personal lyrics. It's about their lives! We forget they are people and have their own families, problems, sickness.... but it's not easy to talk about it. You know, it's hard to talk about your problems to someone close to you, now imagine writing a song that all the world will hear.

They have to lose the shame and learn to open their hearts. That's not easy. Sometimes you fear to expose too much, and fear what people will think about that.

About the lyrics...

Sometimes we don't think about how hard it's for an artist to write personal lyrics. It's about their lives! We forget they are people and have their own families, problems, sickness.... but it's not easy to talk about it. You know, it's hard to talk about your problems to someone close to you, now imagine writing a song that all the world will hear.

They have to lose the shame and learn to open their hearts. That's not easy. Sometimes you fear to expose too much, and fear what people will think about that.

I think that's the reason why Breaking The Habit is such a good song, lyrical wise

I kind of want it to be released on Thanksgiving just so they can give us Thanksgiving (Until It's Gone Demo)

That would be amazing, really ^^

I can think they releasing Thanksgiving as a sneek peek and then release the full LPU, as they did with Primo in LPU13