LP Wins The VMA For Best Rock Video

LPPanther

Slash was more like ''YES.'' Him and Chester are good friends.

I totally agree. You could tell Slash was very happy that LP won. Priceless how he went from being all hard rock to bubbling over that his friend had won. Love it!

Do you everybody see what chester saying on 2 video??? at 2:37 he says they are going to dtudio in November :o

Thats what him and Phi said in the MnG in Hartford... :?

He's going to finish up Dead By Sunrise first. By then it will be November, and work on the next LP record will begin. Or continue.

Just love what Chester had to say about the VMA's to Entertainment Weekly:

For all the pop pomp and circumstance that the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards rolled out, some of MTV's rock stars felt a bit left out. "Where were Foo Fighters and Nickelback?" says Linkin' Park's Chester Bennington. "Or even a band like Three Days Grace, who had a pretty big year? There was no Vampire Weekend or Daughtry. It was very one-sided." The singer describes Sunday's extravaganza as "raising the bar of confusion and disarray.

"The VMAs are consistently cluster-f---s, and this year set a new standard." Part of the problem, he says, was the that the main room had "more seat fillers in there than celebrities, and you had people who were invited sitting out in the streets. Plus, everybody was texting, no one was watching the show. I got super bummed out."

Carrying the torch for MTV's rock veterans has always been a difficult task, but never as much as this year, says Bennington. "I think the VMAs have completely lost touch with a broad scope of music. It was very bubble gum and Disney, which is why bands like Foo Fighters, and everybody else in my group weren't there. Honestly I didn't think we were going to win, because we literally felt like we were too old."

As for DBS and new LP record, he also had to say this:

And Bennington reveals that before his band's next album, due out next year, he'll release one of his own. "It's going to kick ass. I started working on it in 2005 when we took a seven-month break. I wanted to do something creative in that time off and I had songs that I knew weren't Linkin Park songs, but I thought were good. Then we started working on Minutes to Midnight and that's all I've been doing for the last two years. Now that we're done, I've got this body of work that is strong — very moody, very dark and melodic."

The album will be released by Linkin Park's label, Warner Bros., sometime in 2009. As for whether it's a solo effort or a side project, Bennington admits he's been kicking around some band names: "We were called Snow White Tan for a while, and then I changed the name to Dead By Sunrise, but I really just like Chester Bennington."

So DBS - or CB ;) - will come first. Can't wait!

(article via LP Times)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...