Mixing A Line In The Sand

hahninator

Waves Audio has posted a great behind the scenes video of Ethan Mates mixing A Line In The Sand, with a little insight from Pooch.

Who knows what they're mixing it for...but the end result at the end of the video sounds fantastic.

Ethan mixes all of the live releases, so if he's touching ALITS, the band at least appears to be putting out one live song somehow.

9/11/15 EDIT: The video has now been set to private.

It definitely isn't for LPTV, they have Pooch's mixes for that. For example, European Tour in fall 2014 had Pooch's mix of Wastelands and he confirmed that to me. He will mix parts of songs for LPTV.

Hiring Ethan is a different thing. I think what they are doing is mixing a "best of THP Tour" to release. Wastelands from this show, ALITS from this show, etc. Lots of stuff. Maybe a compilation to make a "full" setlist release.

LPU 15, why would it have live songs? It's the 15th year of LPU and is a big celebration.

It definitely isn't for LPTV, they have Pooch's mixes for that. For example, European Tour in fall 2014 had Pooch's mix of Wastelands and he confirmed that to me. He will mix parts of songs for LPTV.

Hiring Ethan is a different thing. I think what they are doing is mixing a "best of THP Tour" to release. Wastelands from this show, ALITS from this show, etc. Lots of stuff. Maybe a compilation to make a "full" setlist release.

LPU 15, why would it have live songs? It's the 15th year of LPU and is a big celebration.

If it was a DSP few years back they would fix Chesters fuckup, DSP nowadays they would leave it as it is. Official release? I don't think they would add a song with something like that on it..or they have no idea! :P

How could they do a "The Hunting Party Around The World" like they did for MTM and other albums when they haven't even played all of the songs to have a full live album?

Also, Chester messes up the lyrics on here lol and it has an intended release?

Edited by ATylerInTheSand

How could they do a "The Hunting Party Around The World" like they did for MTM and other albums when they haven't even played all of the songs to have a full live album?

Also, Chester messes up the lyrics on here lol and it has an intended release?

Minutes To Midnight was the only "Live Around The World" album with all the songs. Hybrid Theory, Meteora and A Thousand Suns were all missing songs.

It might be a best of THP World Tour, doesn't have to have exclusively THP songs. It can be like:

Mashup Intro

GATS

Rebellion

Given Up

With You

OSC

Blackout >

Papercut

ALITS

FTI

DOYS/LFY

etc etc etc

Whatever they want, however they want to do it. Maybe they like the Vegas ALITS the best, who knows. There's a bunch of ALITS performances that are messed up. I have no clue what they are doing but I would think that paying Ethan a studio rate of $___ an hour means they are hiring him to mix something professionally so that they can release it. Otherwise, they'd just get Pooch to do it if it was an LPTV.

What if they don't bring back the DSP's and due to the massive request the next LPU album will be all live tracks?

I would only take that if they give us ALITS from Monterrey ;)

I would love to have 5 demos and 5 live tracks, that would make all of us happy.

I can 100% guarantee you that if they did 5 live tracks, at least one of the following would be included: In The End, Numb, Burn It Down, New Divide, What I've Done, Bleed It Out, Breaking The Habit. I don't want to see 5 live tracks on the LPU unless they're all stuff we haven't gotten an SBD of yet. I'll take 10 instrumentals before ANOTHER version of In The End or Breaking The Habit. Maybe something like ALITS, COG (original), ALTNC (full), and two of the Fort Minor live tracks. No way that happens, though.

Edited by SasstielExperience

I can 100% guarantee you that if they did 5 live tracks, at least one of the following would be included: In The End, Numb, Burn It Down, New Divide, What I've Done, Bleed It Out, Breaking The Habit. I don't want to see 5 live tracks on the LPU unless they're all stuff we haven't gotten an SBD of yet. I'll take 10 instrumentals before ANOTHER version of In The End or Breaking The Habit. Maybe something like ALITS, COG (original), ALTNC (full), and two of the Fort Minor live tracks. No way that happens, though.

Why you wouldn't want to have all those super casual fan favorite tracks? they are fucking awesome.

:P

Edited by JZE

Very interesting video. Always like those non-LP BTS. But it kinda begs the question, is it cause the "length" of post-editing from the live show (fixing errors or correcting mistakes made by the band), the reason (back then) that DSP shows took so long for them to release? 2-3 weeks or even longer (Sure there are many other factors that could delay it)?

And do you guys think, on the DSP topic, that it failed was due to it being too restricted for only concert goers? I mean looking like other band like Metallica you can buy every show you want and don't have to enter a DSP code to download that specific show you went.

I know that LP kinda loosen up a bit after a while but I think it was kinda too late. And since they didn't promote it enough on FB or Twitter (i.e "Berlin 2015 show is now for download") . Non Hardcore LP-Fans didn't know that you could buy a live recording on the show. (Unless you were there and saw the banner at the concert).

Sorry for the rambling and probably nitpicking.

What if they don't bring back the DSP's and due to the massive request the next LPU album will be all live tracks?

I would only take that if they give us ALITS from Monterrey ;)

I would love to have 5 demos and 5 live tracks, that would make all of us happy.

I figured all this demand for the DSPs back would just make them put more live tracks on LPU CD's. I guess we'll find out in time.

• 2 weeks later...