LP + FM: 2015.09.05 - Rock im Sektor - Düsseldorf, Germany

RogueSoul

Ud7fjwM.png

Linkin Park! and... Fort Minor? It's the first-ever double preshow post! Let's do this right, we're not gonna play kid games tonight!

Linkin Park and Fort Minor will both be performing at the first ever Rock im Sektor in Düsseldorf, Germany on August 5, 2015. This will be the second-to-last show on the final leg of The Hunting Party Tour, and the third show of Fort Minor's mini-European Tour. This will be Linkin Park's second show in Düsseldorf, and Fort Minor's first. It will also be the first time since 2006 where Linkin Park and Fort Minor will be performing at the same event!

Starting off with Linkin Park, the last time they visited Düsseldorf was in 2008 - 7 years ago! The show took place near the end of the band's second European Tour of the year, known dearly to fans for having rad setlists. Namely, in Set X, which had the old-school Xero song 'Reading My Eyes'. Unfortunately, Düsseldorf did not get the Xero treatment, but that didn't stop it from being a massive show. Mike brought out some Fort Minor vibes during the extended portions of 'Points Of Authority' - 'Petrified' was rapped over the extended intro, and 'There They Go' over the extended outro! The tour featured the introduction of a new version of 'Wake', entitled 'Wake 2.0'. This show was part of the European iteration of Projekt Revolution, being the second of three shows in Europe to be Projekt Revolution shows. 'A Place For My Head' and the studio version of 'Pushing Me Away' were also present in the setlist.

Fort Minor is back. I'm not talking about 'Welcome' - no, Mike has brought the project back full force with its live shows. After playing the setlist TWICE (Los Angeles and Copenhagen), Mike started a poll for fans to vote on what songs they wanted to hear. The five options were 'Right Now', 'Red To Black', 'Second To None', 'Step Up', and 'High Voltage' (see our rundown of all five tracks here, even though the poll is now obsolete). Naturally, fans vote for the unforgettable sound. That's right, HIGH VOLTAGE is back! After sparse appearances for over a decade, the song is back and brand-spankin' new. Equipped with a new remix featuring 'Suicide Music' by the Get Busy Committee (from The Raid: OST, produced by Mike) and 'C.R.E.A.M' by the legendary Wu-Tang Clan. Not only that, the song has a new outro entitled the Funky Rebel Outro. Anyway, the Fort Minor set in Berlin went off without error - you can't really go wrong with a setlist that brings back 'High Voltage'. But it contained all of the fan's favorites - mashups of 'Waiting For The End' and 'Hands Held High', 'Believe Me' and 'When They Come For Me', and 'Castle Of Glass' and 'Kenji', as well as brand new - KILLER - remixes of 'Cigarettes' and 'Believe Me', and even a new extended intro to 'Until It Breaks'! Lots more to cover, but so little time (and only so many characters I can make boldface like this).

Finally, a 'High Voltage' video that ISN'T the 2001 one!

For Linkin Park's portion of this show, there's a possibility for a few surprises. But there are a few questions that linger. One big question that came up after the band's last show in Berlin is Joe. He had to miss the show in Berlin so that he could fly back to the U.S. due to a family emergency. We wish him all the best, but the question still remains - will he be back to end the tour? With it ending in less than 48 hours, it doesn't seem too likely. It's the first time Joe has missed a show in the band's history! His tech, Warren, filled in for him, but this caused the dropping of the Joe Solo Medley. There was no replacement for it at the Berlin show, but if Joe isn't back to finish off the tour, perhaps they'll think of something to add more length to the set.

Another question that pops up is the Fort Minor portion of the Linkin Park set. At the meet & greet in Minsk a few shows back, Mike confirmed that he won't be playing 'Remember The Name' and 'Welcome' twice at this show. This leaves the question - what will he do? At the time, he said he was still thinking of how he'll handle the situation. Fort Minor will only be performing for about half an hour - not a whole lot of time to do a lot of songs. Maybe he'll save the two songs for the Linkin Park set and play all of the fan favorites like 'Cigarettes' and 'High Voltage' in the Fort Minor portion of the day. If Mike decides to change things up during Linkin Park's set, there's a lot of options. That's a whole five minutes to fill. Enough time for 'A Place For My Head'? 'No More Sorrow'? 'A Light That Never Comes'? 'Somewhere I Belong'? .

The aforementioned show in Berlin was interesting, too. The major surprise was the intro of 'Bleed It Out', where Mike rapped the first verse of the Fort Minor song 'There They Go' making it the first time the song has appeared in a setlist since 2009! Mike actually rapped 'There They Go' over 'Bleed It Out' once before, during the extended bridge of the song at West Valley City, Utah in 2008. Hopefully this will stay consistent for the rest of the tour - it definitely adds a bit of a punch to the end of the set! Maybe Mike will even change up the verse and experiment a little. We'll have to wait and see!

Skip to 3:41 to watch the 'There They Go' verse over 'Bleed It Out'. Or wait, and watch a great performance of 'What I've Done' beforehand!

Will anyone be heading to the show? Be sure to RSVP, maybe meet up with a few LPLive members and jam at the show! After Rock im Sektor, Linkin Park ends the tour in Rome, Italy at Rock in Roma. Fort Minor has one last performance in Europe in London, England, two days after Rome - don't miss it!

For updates on all things Linkin Park, keep up with us on social media! Like our Facebook page to keep updated on the latest news, and follow our Instagram for some great pictures of the band! For updates on the show, check back here or follow us on Twitter.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2015 touring schedule here, and check out Fort Minor's touring schedule here.

What the hell is this preshow post? There were times you got warned for mentioning fuck on the forums and now it's all over a news post? It also feels very oppinionated. Not a fan.

Besides Welcome/RTN I am also wondering what's happening with COG/Kenji and WFTE/HHH.

WTF? Seems not only I am quite offended by this preshow post intro and later on the preshow post with all the fucks in there. Dude, seems that the day has come and your pubic hair started to grow? Looking for an adult admin to change this shit a little bit...

edit: the post without the f words in there is quite good by the way lol

Edited by michalangelo

What a weird preshow post, if I was banned for the shoutbox for saying A- you should be banned for all the fucks in this thread looooool

Mike, for the love of god, if you're reading this...

DON'T

PLAY

CRAWLING

If the band performs 'Crawling' at this show as a replacement, Mike has done it out of spite. Against me.

What a cocky little man.

Other than that it was ok, I wonder if Mike will drop WFTE/HHH & COG/K from the FM set.

What a weird preshow post, if I was banned for the shoutbox for saying A- you should be banned for all the fucks in this thread looooool

What a cocky little man.

Other than that it was ok, I wonder if Mike will drop WFTE/HHH & COG/K from the FM set.

https://twitter.com/lplive/status/640181390458396672/photo/1

We will see RTN and Welcome at the Linkin Park show!

Edited by LinkInThePark

Totally redid the post. Sorry guys.

Fort Minor setlist:

01. Petrified
02. In Stereo
03. It's Goin' Down
04. Cigarettes
05. Until It Breaks
06. Where'd You Go
07. High Voltage
08. High Road
09. Believe Me
Mike said he is playing Remember The Name and Welcome in the Linkin Park setlist.

Apologies for going a bit wild, tried something different. Will not happen again.

Writing them at 4 AM probably makes my brain a little whack, sorry if I offended anyone. I love you all <3

Something different with f-words? Meh. Imho just keep doing what You did earlier, nothing to change there, preshow posts always look good, both Yours and Marks.

Something different with f-words? Meh. Imho just keep doing what You did earlier, nothing to change there, preshow posts always look good, both Yours and Marks.

Thank you :) Different implied more... casual? That's not the right word for it but you catch my drift.

We're not offended by it; it's just not right, seeing as kids go on this site and so on...

Yeah, like you :P jk

I don't really think the whole concept of saying "fuck" is the whole problem here, the prechorus of one of the most beloved songs here is "Try to catch up, motherfucker!" It's just how I used it that made it seem pretty arrogant and insulting.

Admittedly it's kinda lame Mike saved Welcome and RTN for the LP set, though it's what was to be expected. It's like "I'll play my projects most popular songs in a different set later."

It was kinda bad, because Fort Minor only had a time slot of 30mins in between other acts. So it was as if someone's chasing Mike around the stage, he was jumping from one song to another. There was no time even for Kenji, let alone Welcome and RTN!

And honestly, I felt like he was quite nervous, singing solo in front of all those people. Especially after the act before him which was also kinda hip-hop and they killed it!!!

But anyway, it was still magical! :D