2015 Linkin Park Club Show(s)?

hahninator

In the Rob LPU chat in March, he said two things of importance that we want to bring up again....

1. Linkin Park is working on scaling down their live gear/touring rigs so that they will be able to play some smaller shows, or surprise shows, or even something acoustic.
2. Hybrid Theory being played in full again is possible, the 15th anniversary is in October and the band plans on "celebrating" it in some fashion.

Already we have heard that the band has started scaling down their gear recently (just before this tour began), and with the European Tour being the LAST tour for The Hunting Party...the band's schedule for the rest of the year is pretty much open.

Chester has a 10 show Stone Temple Pilots tour in September and there is a local STP show in California on October 25th, the day after the 15th anniversary for Hybrid Theory. Linkin Park has one show on November 1st in Arizona, but that's it.

The band is going back into the studio later this year, with a new album being prepped for release in the middle of next year (2016).

However, with the gear being scaled down, the Hybrid Theory anniversary coming up, and Rob mentioning both of these in the LPU chat...we have to wonder if something is being planned. It's also the 15th anniversary of the LP Underground this fall. Will the band celebrate by playing a club show? Will they take it even further and play more than one club show? What do you think?

Since they pretty much blew a perfect opportunity to do something cool at SSMF two years ago, I'm not getting my hopes up for this one.

If they celebrate it in some form it should be something for everyone, not just for some lucky people living in the LA area.

Taking the chat as a credible source, this turned out to be false:

- Not all of the European shows have been announced yet for August and September. More shows will be announced soon.
- An LPU Summit is going to happen in Europe

Sort of off topic, but the band is still supposed to be going into the studio in September, right? That means that Chester will be on tour at that point. I'd guess that they have been working on some stuff during the tours as well.

And even though the band has scaled down their gear, that sure didn't stop them from making their stage production more massive.

I'd guess that they have been working on some stuff during the tours as well.

Mike said in his interviews that he, and I'm guessing others, always work on things like beats & lyrics throughout the tours. Mike's head is always thinkin and experimenting so I'm sure many of his ideas come to fruition in some way on their records. Then the band just comes together to brainstorm and see what works

The Serbia show might have been what Rob was referring to, since the chat was in what, March? That show was "announced" in the press in May. Not sure what happened to the LPU Summit. Maybe they tried to plan another arena show too.

I guess they have multiple rigs, for extremely large shows, and now for super small club shows.

Super small shows could be very positive for the fanbase, being able to meet the band and have a very intimate and close up concert could be great :) Let+s see what happens in the future.

yeah, but imagine how long it would take for those shows to sell out..

yeah, but imagine how long it would take for those shows to sell out..

it's also less money for everyone involved on that end, may not be worth the time and efforts for them to have small shows

They're a big machine these days and lots of overhead!

• 2 weeks later...

Almost forgot about it but after the Berlin show when we gathered at the soundbooth I heard someone talking to Pooch. He was saying something like "Two more shows in Europe and after that I think we have two more show in the US." and "yeah and then finally back home to my family". In between he said something about Los Angeles but I don't know if it was something about a show. So maybe he knew he wasn't supposed to talk about some shows or there won't be any more shows this year.

Almost forgot about it but after the Berlin show when we gathered at the soundbooth I heard someone talking to Pooch. He was saying something like "Two more shows in Europe and after that I think we have two more show in the US." and "yeah and then finally back home to my family". In between he said something about Los Angeles but I don't know if it was something about a show. So maybe he knew he wasn't supposed to talk about some shows or there won't be any more shows this year.

hopefully NYC

Anyone here any more rumours / information about this? Having the show on the 24th seems like a possibility and would be pretty cool. In which case, there's only a little over a month left.

Would be cool to know and book everything right now instead of waiting so close to the date.

• 2 weeks later...
Phoenix gave so much specific info on how exactly LP would do a club tour these days as a band (with LP being huge), it makes me think the HT club tour got pretty far in the planning stages before it got axed for Download 2014. Stuff like...earmarking tickets for the LPU and it's hard to do that with promoters now because they don't understand fanclubs/hardcore fans. Said the band would try to make it so only the fans who were dying to be there can be there and not any casual "radio" fans. Not an exclusively LPU show, but tickets for LPU to guarantee they are there and the other tickets are hard to get but not resellable.

I guess at the end of the day the payout from Download was so big that it was smarter as a band to do that instead of a small tour.