LP Next Studio Album.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want them to dabble in the many genres they haven't touched (contrary to what some people apparently think, they haven't covered a vast number of genres in their career): R&B, jazz, funk (would absolutely love to hear an album bringing Phoenix and Rob together to the front, plus Brad can play his simplistic guitar still) post-rock, reggae, any hardcore metal genre, bluegrass, incorporating some ethnic genres such as Celctic or African. Maybe even try bringing in some EDM influence, sort of like Korn did on The Path of Totality (it worked). As long as it's not more bland pop or rock, I'm really fine with it, but I'd love something that's highly experimental and progressive to really wow me.

#braddelsononbagpipes2016

Edited by UnpopularOpinionPuffin

Path Of Totality was shit, though lol

As much as I'd also like to see LP dabble in different things, I wouldn't want an entire ALBUM of them, ya know? An album with jazz influences, African influences, etc. would he great, but I don't want the next album to be the bluegrass "The Banjo Party". Jazzy, comples post/prog rock would be stellar.

Also, they better not go anywhere fucking near country.

if LP were to make a metalcore album or something heavier than The hunting party i could die happy B )

Never gonna happen. I love metalcore (just look at my avatar. The top left are two members of Killswitch Engage/Times of Grace), but I just don't think that would suit Linkin Park very well. Not saying they couldn't do it, but I think they could do other types of music better.

Path Of Totality was shit, though lol

As much as I'd also like to see LP dabble in different things, I wouldn't want an entire ALBUM of them, ya know? An album with jazz influences, African influences, etc. would he great, but I don't want the next album to be the bluegrass "The Banjo Party". Jazzy, comples post/prog rock would be stellar.

Also, they better not go anywhere fucking near country.

You have such a rock-oriented mindset.

Plus, I was only listing off the genres they haven't touched, not saying every one should be present on an album.

Bring in the slides and sing about beer and trucks, Chester!

EDIT: The Path of Totality is a better album than most of the other boring albums Korn has put out.

Edited by UnpopularOpinionPuffin

might sound weird. But i would like to see some latin influences/ska/hip hip/electonric*not EDM CRAP*. Experiment with trombone/trumpet samples.. need brad to up the ante and play some smooth guitar licks/legato style.

Mike's new demo clip he played in Shanghai at the press conference sounds like a damn Wretches 3.0. (2.0 being Bruiser). Epic sound. I know it can change 100 times but that direction is fantastic. Using the electronics in a good way like ATS is fantastic. If it's like LT, then I'll run the other way.

Mike's new demo clip he played in Shanghai at the press conference sounds like a damn Wretches 3.0. (2.0 being Bruiser). Epic sound. I know it can change 100 times but that direction is fantastic. Using the electronics in a good way like ATS is fantastic. If it's like LT, then I'll run the other way.

video?

As long as the new material retains the instrumental complexity found in The Hunting Party, we're golden. I don't want to go back to LOL power chords all day everyday.

THP is still full of power chords, there's nothing particularly complex about the guitar work on that album.

THP is still full of power chords, there's nothing particularly complex about the guitar work on that album.

I'm fully aware of that. But it's a step up from the past and I hope they don't regress on the next album.

I think it will be something new. Mike said they want to experiment on the next album. Maybe it will sound like A Thousand Suns but a little bit different, something like that. I welcome that by all means. The Hunting Party more than satisfied by rock cravings. Lol.

I think it will be something new. Mike said they want to experiment on the next album. Maybe it will sound like A Thousand Suns but a little bit different, something like that. I welcome that by all means. The Hunting Party more than satisfied by rock cravings. Lol.

Imagine The Hunting Party vs A Thousand Suns that would be a fucking monster.