Best Show Of Each Album Cycle?

Geki

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that the old Chester who did not care about his voice rocked that shit, the old days will be his best era... still he's awesome

And Geki what I said to you was personal. not about the topic.

Chester on drugs produced some good screams and energy.

And ok, whatever. It was a bit uncalled for in this thread.

I know that the old Chester who did not care about his voice rocked that shit, the old days will be his best era... still he's awesome

Yeah he didn't give a shit about his voice then... but it fucked him up as time went by. His voice is his instrument, if you damage it it won't play as needed. A vocalist NEEDS to care for their voice.

Yeah he didn't give a shit about his voice then... but it fucked him up as time went by. His voice is his instrument, if you damage it it won't play as needed. A vocalist NEEDS to care for their voice.

Yeah back in the day he did drugs and he was drunk most of the time he victimized his throat, i'm glad that he's in good shape.

With that said, Orlando 2015 was the best I've heard Chester sound in years. Definitely since 2009 for me. That's a hell of a compliment IMO. Also, huge props to the Tampa 2014 show. He looked like DEATH in WPB to start the tour (see: extremely bad) and came back the very next night and kicked major ass. Sounded great and jammed huge that night. Saved the fucking tour...LP even paid huge money to go over curfew that night to play a full set.

I'd probably give best show of THP cycle to Rock Am Ring 2014 or Orlando/Indianapolis 2015. Come to think of it, if partial shows count too, the Red Bull Sound Stage performance was fucking incredible. Everybody, especially Chester for the most part, was on point.

Edited by CASTIELOFSASSEXPERIENCE

I'd probably give best show of THP cycle to Rock Am Ring 2014 or Orlando/Indianapolis 2015. Come to think of it, if partial shows count too, the Red Bull Sound Stage performance was fucking incredible. Everybody, especially Chester for the most part, was on point.

Orlando was one of those exceptionally great "first show of tour" shows.

Yes, I watched the Red Bull Sound Space show live. He was on FIRE the first part of the show. Guess what the first song was that fucked with his voice? New Divide :angry: Chester came out and was in the mental mood that it was an oldschool club show and just fucking jammed the first 5 songs. He was really rocking. The stage was super small, no room with Mount Shinoda up there but damn it was good.

I should probably contribute.

Hybrid Theory Era (2000-2002): 9/16/01 Docklands Arena, London, ENG

Meteora Era (2003-2004): 8/13/04 Tweeter Center at the Waterfront, Camden, NJ

Pre-MTM Era (2005-2006): 8/13/06 Summer Sonic Chiba

Minutes To Midnight Era (2007-2008): 10/15/07 Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, VIC

New Divide Era (2009): 8/9/09 Summer Sonic Osaka

A Thousand Suns Era (2010-2011): 9/11/11 Makuhari Messe, Chiba, JP

LIVING THINGS Era (2012-2013): 9/12/12 MTV World Stage Mexico

The Hunting Party Era (2014-2015): 8/15/14 PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

Orlando was one of those exceptionally great "first show of tour" shows.

Yes, I watched the Red Bull Sound Space show live. He was on FIRE the first part of the show. Guess what the first song was that fucked with his voice? New Divide :angry: Chester came out and was in the mental mood that it was an oldschool club show and just fucking jammed the first 5 songs. He was really rocking. The stage was super small, no room with Mount Shinoda up there but damn it was good.

Yeah, I watched Red Bull live too. GATS - Faint were fucking incredible. Some of his best performances since 2006, in my opinion. New Divide REALLY needs to go, though. It's clear Chester can't sing it, and nobody seems to get into it when they play it.

I'll try my own.

Hybrid Theory Era: Orlando, FL 2000

Meteora Era: Mountain View, CA 2004

Minutes To Midnight Era: East Rutherford, NJ 2007 (Bamboozle)

A Thousand Suns Era: New York City, NY 2011 (Madison Square Garden)

Living Things Era: Los Angeles, CA 2012 (Club Nokia X-Games Show)

The Hunting Party Era: Clarkston, MI 2014

Edited by Geki

Hybrid Theory Era (2000-2002): Docklands Arena 9/16/2001

Meteora Era (2003-2004): Rock am Ring 2004

Minutes to Midnight Era (2007-2008): Road to Revolution: Live at Milton Keynes DVD

A Thousand Suns Era (2010-2011): iTunes Festival 2011

Living Things Era (2012-2013): Live at Manila 2013

The Hunting Party Era (2014-2015): Rock am Ring 2014

HT 2000-2002

1 Des moines iowa show band was hype great audio.crowd was hype

2 rock am ring and rock im park both shows they was hype out

Meteora 2003-2004

1 rock am ring 2004 they where very hype i like how chester said he fount MJ's gloves

2 any show that easier to run.cause thats an underrated song.

summersonic 2006 was great chester went all out on breaking the habit

mtm 2007-2008

1 charlotte nc since thats my home state.crowd was awesome and they was way into the show

2 then the milton keynes show was crazy but i just not into the bridges they added to the older songs

I was at the Indianapolis show. Chester did perform well, but in no way would I say its one of the best for the THP cycle.

I was at the Indianapolis show. Chester did perform well, but in no way would I say its one of the best for the THP cycle.

I was also at the Indianapolis show. I thought everyone was on fire there. Chester really sounded like he was giving his all throughout the night. Aaron on the Ballad Medley, Austin on Faint, and Tim on BIO were all really cool, and I actually saw Brad getting into it a little! :P Seriously though, I thought it was much better than pretty much every show on Carnivores and the Fall Europe Tour. Maybe the last show in the UK could be on that level solely because of all the cool shit that happened on BIO.

Carnivores Tour sucks ;)

No it didn't. I thought it was a great tour. Decent opening bands and the band had a lot of energy, at least at the shows I attended. But to each their own, I guess.

• 3 months later...

Wow. A Carnivores Tour show was your favorite from THP era? Interesting.

Since I was there too, I can vouch it was a pretty good show :P

Rock am Ring or any of the three shows at the beginning of 2015 probably do it for me. Circuito Banco do Brasil too, just because that show is beautiful in it's own right.

• 2 weeks later...

This is hard, but...

HYBRID THEORY

I would say Orlando 2000. Probably not the strongest performance but it is the earliest recording we have from the band. Plus I have good memories listening to it back in the day.

METEORA

Definitely Rock AM Ring 2004. There are too many good shows from this era but I like this one the best.

2005-2006

Tokyo 2006 without a doubt.

MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

Hmm... Probably either Milton Keynes or the last show of Projekt Revolution 2007 in Colorado. Listen to that recording and you'll see why...

A THOUSAND SUNS

Like the Meteora era, there are too many good shows from this era. I like London 2010, Madrid 2010 and the Projekt Revolution shows in 2011 a lot.

LIVING THINGS

Most likely Rock IM Park 2012 because it was a good performance and someone got engaged live on stage or the Sunset Strip Music Featival 2013 show. The videos from that 2013 looked great and they played right where Xero played back in the day, that's pretty cool.

THE HUNTING PARTY

It's either gotta be Rock AM Ring 2014 or that Rock In The Rio show this year. Both were pretty good performances and I liked the set list from both. Austin Carlile from Of Mice & Men on Faint was also great.