Linkin Park Cancels The Hunting Party Tour

RogueSoul

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't what's really important right now, but the wording of the press release makes me think this is it for the US in this cycle, outside of the festival dates.

Wording is something the PR department is an expert with and I really agree with you. I think the USA is done for The Hunting Party besides these random festivals.

And how weird of LP not to even confirm the Rocklahoma show today.

Does the crew still get paid? It's not like they can really hop on another tour at this point. I bet they are busy the next couple of days to cancel all sorts of stuff, this has to be a mess. All the planning down the drain.

I hope they reschedule the tour, especially since it hit so many places they haven't been to in a while. But they wouldn't tell everyone to get refundes if they'd reschedule the shows anytime soon.

I had a bad feeling about this tour but I had no idea it would end up this bad.

Damn the next 2 months are going to be boring.

And how weird of LP not to even confirm the Rocklahoma show today.

I guess they didn't want to add insult to injury (literally), like "hey, we just cancelled the rest of the tour, but we'll be playing a thousand miles away in this other place in May!"

We'll probably see an official announcement for the Rocklahoma show later in the week. Really gutted about APFMH, and even more so that it sounds like they won't be rescheduling.

Though, if they WERE to reschedule, how long do you think it'd be before they announce when that would take place?

It's bad that this happened in a tour LP made so to be more closed to fans of cities where they have played long time ago or never before... it's also horribly ironic... I'm sorry to say this, but this is the truth... it's really horrible and I'm sorry for everyone who wanted to see them. This THP tour is a fail... setlists sucked, now Chester's injury... well maybe it's better if they rest a little bit and prepare something new for future shows while Chester recovers.

I just wanted to say that I don't like people throwing shit on Chester for this... but I also need to say that Chester should take care more about his health especially on tour... playing in a dangerous way like a child and breaking his ankle isn't the best way to do it. It was the first part of the tour, all he should have done was getting ready to rock onstage. Anyway I know how much he is sad to have disappointed his fans so I'm sure he will be more responsible next time.

Edited by arasLP

Or a better setlist for the next shows.

For fuck's sake people, enough about the setlists. Realistically, they were fine. If you actually think they'll spend the time when Chester's leg is broken to rehearse new shit, you're out of your mind. He's out of commission until March, and even then they probably won't change too much afterwards.

For fuck's sake people, enough about the setlists. Realistically, they were fine. If you actually think they'll spend the time when Chester's leg is broken to rehearse new shit, you're out of your mind. He's out of commission until March, and even then they probably won't change too much afterwards.

Drawbar is instrumental.

We have no idea how Chester broke his ankle. Remember this is the man who was poisoned by a spider. Chester just has bad luck.

While I do feel gutted about not going, I am glad they realized quick that he needed surgery.

Also of the mind that they hadn't planned for more touring this yr for USA besides festivals. Hoping now they'll consider rescheduling.

If they added Drawbar EVERYONE would complain - despite it being a great instrumental, it's basically taking up the space in the set where they could play a legitimate song like War.

Unless they replaced Robot Boy with it or something and let it segue into Final Masquerade.

We have no idea how Chester broke his ankle. Remember this is the man who was poisoned by a spider. Chester just has bad luck.

While I do feel gutted about not going, I am glad they realized quick that he needed surgery.

Also of the mind that they hadn't planned for more touring this yr for USA besides festivals. Hoping now they'll consider rescheduling.

There was a mention earlier of Chester at the gym and someone trying to hit his balls, so I think he tripped while trying not to get hit and that's how he broke his leg

From a pretty reliable source I have been told that before the Indianapolis show, Chester was playing basketball backstage in the venue like they have done a million times before in arenas (see: Phoenix 2014, Atlanta 2011, etc). He jumped up and in an absolute freak accident he somehow landed on a water bottle on the ground and broke his ankle. It was a few hours before the show, so he went to the hospital after that, then came back for the M&G and show.

Again, I am not 100% positive on that but that's what I was told yesterday.

Wow this sucks. I hope Chester is okay and I feel sad for the band, they seemed to be having so much fun on tour. Lot of people are going to be bummed.

At least it happened on the US tour and not else where since the US has already had a massive tour this cycle so its much less of a big deal. But wow.... still is pretty huge.