Linkin Park Cancels The Hunting Party Tour

RogueSoul

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it happened on the US tour and not else where since the US has already had a massive tour this cycle so its much less of a big deal. But wow.... still is pretty huge.

Yeah but that makes it even worse. I saw 9 shows of what I personally would consider a very average / slightly boring show last year (especially the encore, which was horrible). I really enjoyed Nashville and Orlando 100x more than Carnivores. These shows were bringing it.

How do the other 95% of the concert goers learn about this? Does livenation email you when something like this happens?

I guess so, yeah. The bands post on social media and then Ticketmaster or Live Nation sends you an email.

Yeah but that makes it even worse. I saw 9 shows of what I personally would consider a very average / slightly boring show last year (especially the encore, which was horrible). I really enjoyed Nashville and Orlando 100x more than Carnivores. These shows were bringing it.

Ah that does suck. I didn't realise Carnivores was like that, I thought this tour was pretty much the same.

Ah that does suck. I didn't realise Carnivores was like that, I thought this tour was pretty much the same.

I'm not sure about everyone else's experiences and opinions of the show, but I personally had a way better time at these two shows than I did all last summer. Due to there not being a production rehearsal, Orlando threw me some legit surprises that had that "oh shit!" feeling for the first time in years. We always know the setlists and always know what they're playing but for one show I truly didn't have a clue. And they played me FTI and APFMH. Great stuff.

For fuck's sake people, enough about the setlists. Realistically, they were fine. If you actually think they'll spend the time when Chester's leg is broken to rehearse new shit, you're out of your mind. He's out of commission until March, and even then they probably won't change too much afterwards.

Relax!! I know they are not gonna do it, I was kidding, I'm not stupid. I just didn't like the setlists anymore after all this time, can I? It's a personal opinion. Don't be so angry, I didn't say anything bad to deserve this, please. And I didn't even know very well how Chester broke his ankle, now I read what Mark wrote and I regret what I said before. I just hope Chester gets well soon or even if it's gonna take months, I just care about his health.

Edited by arasLP

I'm going to say this much. Too all the people that have seen LPU over 10-20 times or whatever. There really is no reason to be pissed off. Just wait till next time. That's all. Have Chester recover & wait for a kickass show where he is 100%. That is all. End of discussion. There are other artist out there. Like now I'm looking into seeing Metallica or Muse or Imagine Dragons or even J Cole or A7X or somebody I haven't seen yet. Perfect opportunity. Yeah I wanted to see LP for like the 5th time but I could always wait. No biggie.

I'm going to say this much. Too all the people that have seen LPU over 10-20 times or whatever. There really is no reason to be pissed off. Just wait till next time. That's all. Have Chester recover & wait for a kickass show where he is 100%. That is all. End of discussion. There are other artist out there. Like now I'm looking into seeing Metallica or Muse or Imagine Dragons or even J Cole or A7X or somebody I haven't seen yet. Perfect opportunity. Yeah I wanted to see LP for like the 5th time but I could always wait. No biggie.

Exactly. I have yet to see LP live and was beyond psyched to fin ally see them in Hamilton, but I'd rather not spend money to watch an injured Chester perform in a wheelchair/crutches for 90 minutes. Then you have people like Geki who's seen them 19 times and is currently lying in the fetal position somewhere cursing the man he idolizes.

It's a work. They don't want to tour.

What? That's such an asinine thing to say. This is real life, not pro wrestling.

If they didn't want to tour, they wouldn't have set up this tour. The logistics, costs, efforts in planning, crew required, etc took a ton of time and money. They could've simply avoided that by not touring. Of course the band wanted to play these shows.

I can understand people's frustration but people seem to think they can tell chester how he should live his life or something. Imagine breaking your leg and having a bunch of people talking shit about you because you're not in a wheelchair performing for them. You know they are giving out refunds! It's not LP's fault that hotels and airlines don't give refunds :P

You need a ton of rest with broken bones. I broke my foot a couple years back, it took 12 months to heal! Taking care of yourself is the most important. It'd be too much of a strain on him to do an entire tour.

I'm seeing them in Vegas so yeah its really more of a bummer to not see my friends I've made and the problem of being on the phone and trying to get refunds. I'm always more upset for people who might be seeing them for the first time, or have pit for the first time. Still even though it would have been my 12th show I still feel super upset. From what Mark was saying the band was bringing it.

I hope they bring APFMH to all the festivals. I hope some people join me at RIR now that they have some money to spend.

Chester's more recent comment about his accident:

''I wanna heal, I wanna feel like i'm close to something real''

SO IT'S NOT OKAY WHEN I MAKE THESE KINDA JOKES, I SEE.

I could have sworn Chester said something more to the effect

"These wounds, they will not heeeeeeeal!"

Sucks to people that had tickets that haven't even seen LP before since they were going to city's that they haven't played at for years...

I'm from Australia and I hope they get to do a tour here when Chester is all better since they havmt toured here yet for this cycle